Recent content by FLgirlie

  1. FLgirlie

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Thinking of you today Vetgirl. I wish only great things for you!!!
  2. FLgirlie

    Need advice on THR surgeon

    @ballroomdancer Please keep us up to date. I have heard very good things about Kr. Kurtz. Which method will you do with him? anterior or superpath? I can only tell you that my experience with superpath is the only way I would do it. Ask lots of questions and choose the method that feels best to...
  3. FLgirlie

    Need advice on THR surgeon

    Hello @coloradoskigirl I had a phenomenal recovery with Dr. Grandic, who also uses the superpath method. I agree with @Sailfreeordie in that Dr. Grandic is one of the best, if not the best, hip replacement surgeons out there. On top of that, he is sincerely a great caring person. Glad to see you...
  4. FLgirlie

    THR My Left Hip Superpath Success

    Hi everyone, Sorry I have not been back to provide a recovery update. I have been reading on line every once in a while trying to keep up with everyone's threads, but I just didn't have the energy to type on my tablet... but I do want to update my experience for those who are interested in the...
  5. FLgirlie

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    @shrinkette I just got up to speed on your recovery, and I am so thrilled that things turned around for you with a new roommate, great doc, and now some real PT. Wow, you have had a tough couple of weeks and your OS should be much more involved. The hardest thing to do, I think, is to advocate...
  6. FLgirlie

    THR Blessings of a miraculous recovery!

    @Hibbe I am so happy to read of your recovery. You are truly blessed that you saw your OS instead of another OS...not that you wouldn't have had as much success in your recovery with a different doc and method, but it would surely be hard to match the great recovery you have had so far. Of those...
  7. FLgirlie

    THR Riding the Recovery Roller Coaster

    Jumping in to wish you lots of good thoughts for Tuesday. You go girl! Its almost over...
  8. FLgirlie

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    @Vetgirl I finally got through your entire thread, and I am so sorry this happened. It is so scary to think that all was fine with your incision for 3 months, and then an infection occurs almost out of the blue!! I still can hardly believe it....its just such a horrible thing that you have gone...
  9. FLgirlie

    THR My New Hip

    @scubysteve I too just managed to get up to date on your progress. You are coming along great. Glad your OS prescribed the antibiotics too. Let us know what the swab results show....infection or no infection? Sounds like a great OS!
  10. FLgirlie

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    That made me laugh...
  11. FLgirlie

    Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

    @jenb I had my left hip replaced almost 2 weeks ago. Post op time...I have been able to do some reading, and its taken me this long to get up to speed on story. Doing both at the same time, and posterior, I think has to be so hard. Difficult to sit or lie down, cant get up. My heart goes out to...
  12. FLgirlie

    THR My trip down recovery lane...

    @Jp9294 My suggestion would be to wait on the bike. You are still healing inside for several weeks. See what your PT has for you today. And if you do some actual PT in addition to consult, then wait to see how you feel the next couple of days. PT was enlightening for me. My ROM is almost...
  13. FLgirlie

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    @Briggieride I havent updated my thread for a couple of days, but you and I are in a similar place. I had quite a lot of pain last night, resulting from what I think was a little (emphasize little) PT I did with an in-home PT yesterday. Pain in thigh, knee, and all the way down calf to ankle...
  14. FLgirlie

    THR My Left Hip Superpath Success

    @dkirk0530 I see that you are from GA....Are you vacationing in Fl? If so, pretty good for 2 months post-op!
  15. FLgirlie

    THR My Left Hip Superpath Success

    @Sailfreeordie kpalms posted the day after she left the hospital. Her thread is RTHR superpath. Ill tag her, hoping she will post an update @kpalms Good to hear from you. Have you posted an update on your thread lately? If not, would love to know your status, whether you started PT, how you...
Back
Top Bottom