Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.....I'm so sorry you had to go through this!!! But it's great to hear that you're home now and on the mend. Please take good care of yourself and let us hear from you when you can. You have an entire BoneSmart family on your side!!!
 
@jenb. So sorry to hear about your PE....I do hope that they have managed to sort your blood levels out now. It's a blow that you did not need after your BTHR.....but hoping now that you can get back to your recovery....I do t know if you are aware but kay@kayviun has been through the same and is now home and doing well. She has not posted on BS very much but from PMs know that she is progressing well. I did write on her thread that I had a DVT and PE some years ago and offered up some reassurance on that score....I won't replicate it here but if you scoot over to her thread Kay's Recovery Stages you might want to read it. You will need some time to get your head around it....but you will honey....you have shown how brave you are. Thinking of you...Chrissie xxxx

@Poppet. A great piece of self disclosure which sure helps us all to know that these obstacles can and are overcome and a normal life ensues......love Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@jenb Keep fighting and believing, it will all sort itself out. I had a DVT on the first Knee arthroscopy it stayed in my calf but I remember how concerning it was at the time. Chin up Girl we're all pulling for you!
 
@jennb hoping this day is a good ins for you and tomorrow is even brighter! So sorry to hear what happened! You are my hero! Your strength through this whole process is admirable!!
 
Wow! You really have been through it all! Nothing but positive thoughts from me flying your way.
 
@jenb I am so relieved to hear you are home and getting better. Please keep us posted how you are doing.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and love to you.
 
Sending hugs (((jenb))) and prayers! Like others have stated you are indeed one brave lady...wishing you a speedy recovery and continued healing.
 
Hi everyone. It is so nice to get on here on see such heartfelt messages. It's been a very very scary week and I'm still trying to process all that has happened. I feel bad that I have not been on here to offer motivation & encouragement to others who are going thru pre-op
& post-op issues. It has taken everything I have in me to just get thru the day- emotionally & physically. I have learned that life is so precious & to not take even the little things for granted. Irregardless of the life-threatening complication, I do not regret having surgery & wanting a better life for myself. As with anything in life, it's all about perspective. I can choose to feel sorry for myself and dwell on the fact that I almost died, or I can pick myself up and continue to live life to its fullest by loving those close to me & helping others less fortunate. So I chose to feel blessed to have another day!
Thanks again for all your thoughts & prayers.
Jen
 
Good to hear from you Jen. Sometimes our biggest lessons also serve to show us what is truly important in life. I am so thrilled you are better! God bless and continue to heal you!
 
@jenb
I had my left hip replaced almost 2 weeks ago. Post op time...I have been able to do some reading, and its taken me this long to get up to speed on story. Doing both at the same time, and posterior, I think has to be so hard. Difficult to sit or lie down, cant get up. My heart goes out to you. But you are doing very well, and I am so glad you were able to figure out that er was what you needed. Take your time, listen to your body, and we are all here for you.
There isn't much out there on the method I chose, Superpath, so I am sharing my story on another thread for others to see who also chose this or anticipate making a choice. My biggest fear was the unknown, so hopefully, a little detail will help others in their superpath journey.
I concur with others on using the pain meds...use them for the pain. Don't be afraid of them. But use them wisely.
Keep us posted.
 
A truly humbling message @jenb..... So glad you are picking yourself up after your ordeal.... It certainly puts life into perspective ....for us all.... Wishing you the best of recoveries from now on.... Love Chrissie xxxx
 
@jenb , you have been in my thoughts my friend. You are indeed a brave lady. So glad you are home and can now get on with the business of healing and getting your life back. Take care!
 
Its strong women like you who will pull through this. Your post was very moving, yes our life is precious, and don't think for one moment you are not offering motivation! There are all types of recoveries..some smooth and then not so smooth. Even though your post op took you on a roller coaster ride, you managed to get off, and I am sure you are encouraging many people who are finding recovery difficult. You did it! Your here! Your will get better! be well.:console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom