Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best news so far Sally, @Vetgirl - I knew your Prof would be on the case :)

Are you making sure you are not getting sub clinically dehydrated Sally, that will most certainly contribute to a headache. Add a little apple juice to the glass of water, the glycogen from the apple juice is good for the brain and assist the water crossing the blood brain barrier :)

One day at a time Sally.. I have a good feeling about this. Remember your Prof is the key member of your team right now, he is the expert in infections, different thinking to your surgeon who uses a scalpel :)
 
Thanks @Poppet ...yes I agree. Even if I get sick and need to have the pocket of fluid aspirated, at least we will know what is causing the infection

Thanks for the nutritional advice.....I drink lots of water and have been conscious to drink more.

On the nutritional front I have been eating better....it all helps and I needed a good wallop!!!

Thanks for all your support my friends
 
Hi @Vetgirl

I stumbled over here to the other side and read through your thread. Bless your heart! You have been through so much. I am praying for you! :angel:
 
Thank you @younghippie

I was really just unlucky....I have a great surgeon and I chose him for his success. He does over 300 THR and TKR per year and I'm his first infection in 5 years. Please don't let it put you off surgery. I'm still better off than this time last year. Xxx
 
Your upbeat attitude is an inspiration. Hopefully this will all be behind you soon. :flwrysmile:
 
@Poppet, thank you for the great advice. I will try your suggestions.

@Vetgirl, 1 infection in 5 years is a great statistic for your surgeon, but so sorry it had to be you. Your positive outlook is an example for the rest of us!! Thank you!!
 
@Vetgirl Just wanted to say I've been catching up on your story. You have been through so much! I pray God touches and heals you, body and spirit. You seem like you've tried to keep a positive attitude and you are on here encouraging others, including myself! Thank you! :friends:
 
@Vetgirl
I finally got through your entire thread, and I am so sorry this happened. It is so scary to think that all was fine with your incision for 3 months, and then an infection occurs almost out of the blue!! I still can hardly believe it....its just such a horrible thing that you have gone through. I have to tell you how impressed I am with the way you have handled this. You may not think it, but you are so positive throughout, even when days were not so good. I am so happy that it sounds like you are maybe now on your way to getting this figured out. Seems the professor has the right idea of treating with the right antibiotic. You are in my prayers. And also, great that Josephine and other moderators always are so helpful. We are all blessed to have found Bonesmart. Keep us posted!!
 
I agree -- we are all so blessed to have found Bonesmart and each other to help us and encourage and comfort us. I don't think I could have done it without this site and all the good, caring people here!

@Vetgirl How are you doing today? Hope you are having a restful day.

Love,

Milli
 
Hi everyone

So far so good off the antibiotics. Still tired and having headaches and a few aches in the leg but nothing significant to report. I had more bloods today, see the OS on Thursday, then more bloods next week and see the Professor on the Thursday of that week.

Think I'm a little depressed....just wanting to feel better or dreadful.....LOL...to get some answers if that makes sense. Tis waiting around is not so fun. Maybe the antibiotics cured it???? But then bloods were going up? I wish I had a magic ball....

Anyway sorry I haven't been around much....just feeling a bit blue

Hope all you hippy newbies are doing well
 
((((Vetgirl)))) I think that is a very normal reaction to what you've been going through! Not only recuperating from hip replacement but the infection on top of that takes a lot out of you - then the medical "hurry up and wait" business -

Just about everyone gets the blues for a bit during recuperation from surgery - it sort of goes with the experience. And you have more reasons than most to feel blue. So do take good care of your self - maybe find some one to come over and visit for a bit - watch funny movies, have some one bring you some of your favorite dessert for a treat - go over to the social side here and try the game room - there are some fun and funny threads there.

It does sound like you're getting very good expert care and hopefully are on the mend now.

And don't hesitate to come here - this really is a very supportive place and we all are thinking of you and sending you what ever healing vibes we have
 
@Vetgirl You've been through SO much! I sure understand the feeling blue an depressed. Remember, you helped me through a big down spell when I was having that back/sciatica/piriformis problem? You really helped me get through that, and I'm grateful. And my physical issue was nothing near as bad as what you are going through. It's no wonder you are feeling blue, with all you have been through, and then on top of that the waiting, waiting, waiting for answers or help is enough to just drive a person nuts.

I admire your strength and courage and I know you'll snap back. Maybe now's the time to just rest and think back on all your blessings and just have a big fat cry (or two or three or four) if you need to.

You're in my thoughts and prayers for healing.

Love to you,

Milli
 
@Vetgirl. Sorry you are feeling blue honey. Can so understand why you just want 'a result'...good or bad...just to be able to move on from the limbo of 'will it/ won't it!! It's so lovely that you are helping others by posting positives on their threads at the same time....your amazing! Hope you get some 'positive' results soon...love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Vetgirl Sally - you have been and continue to be such a supportive helpful part of this forum! I'm so sorry that you're feeling down right now, but you know you'll get over that soon. It's the way this goes, isn't it? Try to be as kind and supportive to yourself as you have been to all of us. You will be better soon and you are much loved.
 
@Vetgirl......sorry you are a bit down. You know that can be part of the game with recovery. I'm happy to see you back on the forum, though. Your posts are always cheery and VERY helpful to the other members. Hope you can hang with us for a while, as you are really helping others!
 
@Vetgirl I am so sorry that you are feeling down.You have been through so much and faced it with courage and resilience.On top of that you have supported so many of us on this site and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.I too wish we had a crystal ball to predict outcomes as the waiting for answers is really tough.I hope and pray you are on the way to recovery.
 
@Vetgirl just popping in to say hi and hope you're feeling better mentally and physically. Keep us posted. Sending hugs. Peggy ;) xo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom