Recent content by firstimer

  1. F

    THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

    Yes I fell 6 days after surgery, I miss stepped on a small step and fell on my op side i was able to buff the fall with my arms. I moved the hip and leg no pain but sure got a scare.
  2. F

    THR Day nine, graduated to crutch, staples gone

    Wow, You are doing great Chris I started my water exercises yesterday at the Gym slowly getting the strength back sure is a slow process! Well 3 more days before your trip, Have a wonderful time enjoy the food and scenery and stay healthy! Cheers Heinz
  3. F

    THR London Recovery.....

    Hi miaow27, i have a dull pain that sets in after sleeping on the op side after 10 or so minutes then I have to turn around to the other side. No numbness though. I also enjoy riding the exercise bike. It helps me stretch out the leg muscles. Cheers Heinz
  4. F

    THR RTHR 3-3-14 New Hip Time!

    Good luck! Looking forward to hear your story on the other side. Cheers Heinz
  5. F

    THR Jan 14 update

    It sounds like you are doing well yourself Chris! I am glad I am not the only one with Mountie thighs lol. Nice to hear that the h20 is working well for you, you must be soooo excited for your trip. I hope you have a wonderful trip. There is lots to see and lots of good food. Cheers Heinz
  6. F

    THR Jan 14 update

    Hi Gill, I do need a walking aid for the 3 km just not around home. Yes it is pretty amazing but for that I do need the cane. Cheers Heinz
  7. F

    THR Hip, Hip, Hooray! There is joy in every day!

    Great picture! Looks like you are ready to go home healthyhip12 I wish they did anterior approach here in our town.
  8. F

    THR Jan 14 update

    HI all, It has been 6 weeks since my surgery, I had an appointment with my surgeon and he was happy with my progress! I am finally able to drive again! It feels good to be able to do things independently! I can walk without any walking aids and I am starting a pool exercise program at our local...
  9. F

    THR Feb 25 Birdlady moving to recovery side

    Good luck! before you know it you will be on the other side with no pain other then a little discomfort from the surgery. Cheers Heinz
  10. F

    THR My New Hip

    Wow Scubysteve you are motoring right along! I see my doc next wed. to see what and what not i am allowed to do I am looking forward to that. Things are coming along nicely tough! Good ROM feeling stronger every day, try to drop my crutches occasionally I walk like a penguin when i do that lol...
  11. F

    THR London Recovery.....

    Hi Miaow27, My Surgeon told me that my leg was 1/2 inch longer now as well but he did not think it will be an issue, if so then I would have to get an insert for my shoe made. I am 5 weeks post op and will see my surgeon on the Feb 26th. Will post my progress then. Cheers Heinz
  12. F

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    I am glad to hear you are improving shrinkette you are sounding much more confident and enthusiastic! Keep it up and you will be going home in no time . Cheers Heinz
  13. F

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    I hear you steve, Patience is definitely an issue with me too! I think I should be able to walk without crutches for a few feet but all i manage is a pinguin shuffle aargh! I see you are doing the treadmill, are you holding on to the side rail or freehand? just curious. Cheers Heinz
  14. F

    THR Jan 14 update

    Hi Scubysteve, I talked to the Surgeons receptionist today, she said to wait and see the doc on the 26th. to see if I could drive it is protocol. Took a prednisone for the gout and it disappeared! I like the homeopathic approach and will try the Pineapple extract as well as Black Cherry...
  15. F

    THR Jan 14 update

    Hi Grandmachris I literally am your neighbour! I live in Penticton. I have an appointment with my surgeon on the feb 26 I called today to see if I could drive and the receptionist said that protocol was to wait until you see the surgeon you don't want to undo what has been achieved this far...
Back
Top Bottom