Guest viewing is limited

THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal is not relevant - everyone does differently. Some are walking around with no help in just days, some weeks, some months. You are moving forward - keep going! Remember where you started from and you'll see the progress. Being as affected as you were before surgery probably is making it slower too - infections don't help but I am so glad you are where you can get help and care when you need it!
 
@shrinkette We are all glad to see you moving forward with small steps of progress.
You will get to where you want to be.
And, your bone on bone agony is gone.
This forum provides amazing support, I'm glad I found it; and I am glad that I am sharing your
journey to wellness. ((Hugs))
 
@shrinkette .....Hang in there my friend..you have so many people praying for you and keeping great thoughts. I adore my new family (BS) I really do. I will so be depending on them when April 30th comes along. You can never ever have enough prayers and good wishes. I read all your post and think wow..what a trooper you are. Don't ever give up. We wont let you. Hang in there and know you can come here and feel so many people who care :) Sue :flwrysmile:
 
@shrinkette...Oh honey I feel for you so:SUNsmile:. I was looking up and reading about that numb foot. Seems sometimes it happens. But they say in time the feeling returns....Every site I looked on said your foot will come around. Your rehab people are right...Just keep moving....and moving...:dancy:.Many people here care for you...keep reading. Words are powerful and will ease the burden of recovery. Thinking of you and sending hugs...:console2:
 
@shrinkette My dear friend, I wish I had some words of wisdom to add, but it has already pretty much all been said here. Know that we are all here, rooting for you, thinking of you and praying for you.

Love,

Milli
 
Try to keep your spirits up @shrinkette you are improving!!!!

I was in hospital 4 days and rehab 4 days and I had no complications then.

You will get there......
 
@shrinkette....so glad you've had the validation from your doctor that your foot drop will get better in time.....do hope you are feeling a little better and are making progress. Re your earlier comment in response to my post. We don't take THR any more matter of factly over here in the UK ....that 'stiff upper lip stuff' is just a myth .......it's just that our NHS is strapped for cash and can't / won't provide rehab facilities.......we would all run into rehab and PT if it was available to us rather than be shipped off into our homes with our worries and anxieties. So you stay where you are and get the best treatment you can to help assist your recovery.....so glad your hubby getting better too. Thinking of you...love Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @shrinkette , I think your biggest problem is the same as mine; Patience, I want to be better and normal right now!
From what I've read in your posts you're doing OK and your body is healing at it's own speed. I'm sending you healing thoughts but, more importantly, Patience :hairpulling:
 
Hi @shrinkette , I think your biggest problem is the same as mine; Patience, I want to be better and normal right now!
From what I've read in your posts you're doing OK and your body is healing at it's own speed. I'm sending you healing thoughts but, more importantly, Patience :hairpulling:

I hear you steve,
Patience is definitely an issue with me too! I think I should be able to walk without crutches for a few feet but all i manage is a pinguin shuffle aargh! I see you are doing the treadmill, are you holding on to the side rail or freehand? just curious.
Cheers Heinz
 
I do the treadmill at PT. Doing 9 minutes on it, holding on at 1.8mph for now. Patience is something we have to acquire.
 
Hello, my dear friends who give me so much hope. Just thought I'd let you know that the staples came out two days ago, my 8" incision looks good to all who've seen it except for some draining, and tonight I am spending my first night in what's known as a Skilled Nursing Facility. Even after 2 weeks in the hospital's rehab, I didn't feel able to come home, although desperate to. We'll see how it goes here in Boca Raton. Reading some of these new recovery stories makes me wonder if I had the same operation, but that's an old story recently revisited. I will work hard & do my best. I am doing the exercises prescribed in bed in hopes of strengthening my "log" (an apt description) ... Are you guys SURE it goes away?!...Jeez! That numb foot really isn't better even though some areas are more "alive," but I have to be encouraged when they say it'll come back eventually. (Thank you, @chaseyboy for looking it up & reporting). Tomorrow I guess I'll be evaluated; let the games begin. Good night, all you wonderful people.

Ellen
 
Stay strong @shrinkette! You are doing great. Stay positive and be patient. I am thinking about you and hoping you see small improvements every day...
 
@Jp9294 you had the same op I did 6 days later & I bet you're dancing! If you are, I'm glad. Seriously, hope you're doing well. Of course -- you're another girl from Longggg Island! I hail from Bayside originally.
 
@shrinkette Just checking in to see how you are doing today? Do you have any idea how long you will be there? Does your surgeon come to see you in that facility? Just being nosey. I hope you can get outta there soon and go home to your familiar surroundings. How is your husband holding up?

I did too much yesterday and am sort of paying for it today -- awfully stiff and kind of sore. New muscles are being heard from, I guess.

You are, as always, in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Milli
 
@shrinkette : Good to know you're having some kind of progress. Sorry you're still toting that 'log'. :(
I too have numbness but not to your extent. My right thigh on the right side is still completely numb from above incision almost to the knee. They tell me that it will go away, but that the timeline is unpredictable. It's annoying.

Best of luck. I hope your new digs are acceptable and you can continue the healing.

DrToonz
 
@Butterfly & @DrToonz No, I have no idea how long I'll be here. Am yet to be evaluated. Don't understand why my situation seems more complicated. Of course I hadn't counted on the numb foot -- that has really thrown me! Who knows how long that will take to resolve?! And my feet are SO swollen! At least if the numbness were elsewhere, like yours, DrToonz, it would just be very annoying & not debilitating re walking. .

To make matters worse, while this facility is very attractive, I have a roommate who insisted on watching TV all night, right next to me!! No sleep, no privacy, and she rebuffed any effort at friendliness. I'm miserable ... Gonna try to get a private room at about $100/day, but at this point I don't care!!! (note time!)? God, I wanna go home! As to surgeon, saw him once in hospital. Was supposed to have appt with him, but was in rehab, so had to cancel. Gotta figure out how to arrange it from here through special transportation. I don't know whether to be upset with him.

Butterfly, take it easy! You've come too far.
Love,
Ellen
 
@ shrinkette....absolutely the log leg goes away.....does take some time.....don't like the sound of your room mate...I was lucky in hospital, had 6 lovely ward mates who were very friendly.... Some people!!? A private room would be better if she's that miserable! Hope you get it sorted and your transportation! Love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh, I am so sorry about the arrangements. I understand your feelings. I live alone so I have had to go to such places right after having the surgrey. Its so hard to find a happy medium. I like to watch tv late but not to keep up people so I found a fish tank not far from me in the reception room and they allowed me to turn on the tank at night so I could watch fish. They will try to work with you so please ask. Hows the foot? Keep us posted and do remember this is the place to let go of tension. Take care. Tashia
 
Spent the whole night crying, tossing, turning, re-positioning my electric bed, always awake. Air-conditioning unit just outside room sounds like gigantic vacuum cleaner coming on periodically, about every 5 minutes. Haven't had a shower since night before op, scalp is so itchy I could scream. Did someone invite me to vent here?? I wanna go home!!! Maybe I should, & just let the chips fall where they may. But I put myself so far away...so confused. Will see how today goes & if I can change rooms.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom