Recent content by Fawkes

  1. Fawkes

    BTKR is scheduled for January 23

    Hi newkneesNH, got your message. So nice to hear from you. You sound like you are doing well. My email would not let me respond that way. Who knows? I'm doing well. Getting tired of all this some days. P.T. Is tough but is encouraging. I'm having to do a lot of icing every day. Did not...
  2. Fawkes

    Bilateral TKR April 3

    Hi BigBend, I am 7 weeks out from my BTKR. Doing well, slow but sure. This site is awesome,great input from those who have been there. One suggestion. Make a question list. I had about 25 things to ask. Nothing is too stupid to ask. I waited too long for my surgery. Wanted to lose some weight...
  3. Fawkes

    BTKR Scheduled for January 29th

    Hi Texan, never could set up my thread in post op. I am technically challenged. I have been following your thread and Bluetechseeker. I am doing well. Long days P.T. Twice a week. They are good and not too pushy. Still having rough nights, but it's getting better. Supposed to go back to work...
  4. Fawkes

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Sounds like you are progressing great. It's such an up and down thing, every day. I will feel so positive one day, and burst into tears the next. Don't get discouraged, and remind yourself how great you have done. I am using the bike at phys. therapy, and it is really helping with my quad...
  5. Fawkes

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hi Blue, I've been following your journey. Sorry you had such a bad night. I too was up all night. I had my first out patient P.T. And boy they worked hard. Felt good when I came home, but awful night. Legs trembled all night. iced and elevated, nothing helped. My Rom is good, 116 and 110. I...
  6. Fawkes

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Good luck Blue. This journey has been a roller coaster. It sounds like you are on the same track as your OS. And you are both anticipating a great outcome. Don't get discouraged, and don't let others discourage you. You have done so well. Just a bump in the road. Take care, I'm praying for you...
  7. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Hi Texan, it amazes me how "helpful" people can be. In this third week I have had good days, and some really uncomfortable nights. I am not listening to anything that is not encouraging. We have had major surgery, and our knees are as individual as we are. Life is too short to listen to "should...
  8. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Hi .you sound like you are doing well. I worked with P.T. Today and she had me walking without my cane, doing fine. I have my post op appt. tomorrow to have all my questions answered. I really appreciate referees comments and support.we are kind of in limbo. Really encouraged in some areas and...
  9. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Hi Texan, I also had a rough day. The elevating hurts after a while, and I get so stiff if I stay in one position too long. I am taking oxycodone every 4-6 hours, and a muscle relaxer before bed. Nights are tough, having to reposition frequently. I think it is typical to feel a little...
  10. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Thanks. Same to you, pain free!! I am also resting today. Glad it is not a P.T. Day. Keep up the good work, and be good to you. ( p.s. I have questioned many times these weeks if doing both is wise, but it is what it is, and it will all be good in the end.) Take care
  11. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Hi Texan, it's amazing how some of these O.S. have not a clue about the post op pain. I thank God for the Bone smart mantras. We should not have to beg for pain med. to get us to the flex. they want. I am getting to know what is working for me and my knees. Ice and elevate, ice and elevate! Pre-...
  12. Fawkes

    TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

    Hi Susanne, (I'm a Sue), I can so relate to so many things you wrote. I am 2 weeks and 3 days out from BTKR. The ups and downs are making me dizzy. Nights are rough, you would have to kill me to take my ice packs!. My P.T. Has been so encouraging, but it took 3 temps. before they assigned her...
  13. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Hi. I have also had some tears times after P.T. The machine was not helping in the hospital, and my O.S. is not a big fan, so he did not send it home with me. I am about 90 on my good leg, and 85 on my stubborn leg. But it is still so painful bending. I will be getting staples out this week too...
  14. Fawkes

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Hi Texan, Fawkes here. Have not been able to move my thread to post-op side,(mushy brain from meds??) You sound like you are doing well. I am getting there ,slowly.P.T. At home 5 days last week, and they wore me out. I had to call my O.S. to increase my oxycodone to every 4hours from every 6. It...
  15. Fawkes

    BTKR Scheduled for January 29th

    Hope you are well. It is different pain than before surgery. But pre medicating before moving and walking reeeeeeealy helps. I will be going home with home health and P.T. Coming to the house for a couple of weeks. Then to out patient rehab. It did not work out for me to go to a rehab, but I...
Back
Top Bottom