Recent content by Faele

  1. Faele

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Eating pears or drinking pear juice is great for constipation. I was given some juice while still in hospital and it does help.
  2. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    ZINGERS!!! What a good name, whoever thought of it! I too have experienced a couple of these. One or two were very mild, and I wondered what it was. However, one occurred while I was sitting down, and my right foot shot up into the air. I too am wondering if it's to do with the tendon...
  3. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Please excuse my ignorance, but what on earth is Fantasy Football??
  4. Faele

    Bilateral TKR I can do it!

    Welcome to this side! Glad your surgery went well. Don't do too much physio too soon; get plenty of sleep, and rest.
  5. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Lovely photo Susie! Glad you enjoyed your outing. The sunflowers are beautiful.
  6. Faele

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Hello fellow Aussie! I've just been reading your posts. Wow, all those steps! I'm ten weeks post BTKR and haven't tried steps yet, only one step at front and back doors at home, and getting in and out of buses. I was on my way to physio one day about a month ago and the lift I always use to...
  7. Faele

    Upcoming bilateral total knee replacement

    Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to following your recovery. I too live a fair distance from the hospital, so I stayed overnight in a hotel just down the road from the hospital. That way I had no last minute hassles, just strolled up the road...
  8. Faele

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Nonna, be kind to yourself! It's your time to look after yourself, get plenty of rest and relaxation and let others look after themselves. At four weeks, I was still having two naps a day, and any outing left me exhausted. Even doing a load of washing left me a wreck. I cannot even imagine...
  9. Faele

    TKR Bilateral TKR 25th May.

    Thanks @nensi! Yes, I'll post some photos but I'll have to wait until my daughter has some spare time to show me how to do it, as I'm not the brightest tool in the shed when it comes to technology!
  10. Faele

    TKR Bilateral TKR 25th May.

    Thanks, @roy, for your advice about the exercise. I won't do that again! @SusieShoes, if I can do it, I'm sure you can! Ask Mr Shoes to stay with you - having my daughter ready to help if needed gave me the confidence to try it.
  11. Faele

    TKR Bilateral TKR 25th May.

    Progress! It is nearly ten weeks since my bilateral TKR and things are happening, exciting things! I stopped using the shower seat in the shower about a month ago, but still use it to sit on after I get out, to dry my feet without having to stand on one leg. The toilet seat is now redundant...
  12. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @Arttie, oh gosh, that picture! I'm not going to try that one yet (if ever)! My surgeon told me that I would not be able to squat on my heels after the surgery, but I haven't done that for so long now that it doesn't really matter. Nor will I be able to do the Lotus position in yoga again, but...
  13. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Susie, you look terrific! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! I haven't worn a skirt or dress for a few years now because of my bandy, arthritic legs, (not bandy or arthritic anymore) but I plan to get back into them as soon as winter is over. Glad you enjoyed your night out.
  14. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @Arttie, I've heard a similar expression! Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow!
  15. Faele

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    I'm ALMOST pain-free, it's more discomfort in some situations. When I was in hospital, my new-born twin knees would take it in turns to co-operate (or not). One day Miss Right would behave nicely, then the next day she would sulk, and Miss Left would co-operate. Some exercises would be easier...
Back
Top Bottom