Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

A beautiful lady in the middle of a field of beautiful sunflowers! It sounds like your knees help up well! Good girl. You know how to take care of them!
 
Great picture! And what a fun field of sunflowers!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
what a beautiful photo, you and the sunflowers ~ you could be in the south of france, but what a gorgeous setting, right in your own home state.
 
That is a great photo - you are just beaming! And nice haircut. I thought perhaps you had made a quick trip to Kansas with all of those sunflowers.
 
Three Months: New Development

Just when I think I've figured out the new normal, my knees surprise me. I woke up this morning and... Lefty is feeling better than Righty! :tada: Better as in less tight webbiness around the joint, and moving that little bit more freely.

It's rather subtle as surprises go, but Lefty has been such a contrary and stubborn knee, not shaking off post-surgical pain reliably until a week or so ago, being a laggard in ROM, and doing more swelling, thus making the wearing of skinny jeans problematic. So... pleasant surprise to not only get up this morning with less stiffness than usual in both knees, and walk with less stiffness, and traipse (well, almost) down the stairs. A nice change and I'm hoping sign of a corner being turned.

Because it could all change back again tomorrow. For now, though, things have pretty much stayed this way throughout the day. I didn't test the knees with a morning walk, though, because it's been raining steadily. Perhaps tomorrow. :walking:
 
Susie, never a dull moment with these knees, right? They are full of surprises!
 
So I'm sitting here in my dark house answering a confused elder's thousandth inquiry about why the bathroom light is broken. "Power's out, Dad! Toilet still works. Use it!"

As irony would have it, last night I was sleeping peacefully ON MY SIDE for three hours when something outside banged loudly and that side of the house shook. Said Mr. Shoes, "Should I go downstairs?" You mean find out what it was?

Though he did not solve that mystery, he did see fire trucks down the street, so something happened, just not to us. My sleep on my side disrupted, I could not find my sweet spot again and after an hour was back on the Lounge Doctor. Any sleep is better than none.

This morning at 5, the power went out. Shaved and bathed to the color-changing light of romantic faux candles. Kind of kinky. Might do it again.

Took a very early walk (yay for working knees!) in first daylight to see if I could find out what had happened and ran into a neighbor who explained it was her tree. It had fallen. Power company had turned off the juice to work on removing the tree and repairing downed line. So no power for six hours or so. Lots of very big trucks, including an industrial sized wood chipper, in front of my house.

While I deal with the confused elder, who wants to replace light bulbs, I at least can do a little work or maybe get some reading done. Or just hang out here. :heehee:
 
When the power goes out here, nothing works, including the toilet. Since I hate that, we recently invested in an emergency toilet. Basically it is a bucket with a seat on it. Add a trash bag and some kitty litter and all is well :cool:
 
@rubyyarn, it beats a hole in the ground, right? I've gone rustic before but In my youth when a hole in the ground was more, um, reachable. I can't imagine how I would cope now, though--being human--I'd figure something out. Something like your bucket!
 
Susie , that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the portable commode at the hospital: "Hey! A luxury emergency toilet!" It had arms, after all...
 
Beautiful you in your field of sunflowers! So happy Lefty is not giving you problems at the moment. Enjoy for as long as it lasts ( hopefully forever!)
 
What a beautiful picture of you and the sunflowers! I'm happy lefty is behaving at the moment. The nice thing is we're never bored, each day is different!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don't know when I had read your thread, but I caught up today! Beautiful pic of you with the sunflowers! Also laughing at your "connubial bliss" evening, it was 3 weeks for us as well, but I kept telling hubby the paper says none of that until OS says so......he never said so...... poor hubby....LOL
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom