Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

Throw my vote for the dress in there, too! You earned those scars and never be ashamed of them! They show what a strong woman you are!
 
Not the best picture of the dress, because Mr. Shoes was focusing on my knees. I told him to be sure to include the knees. :tada:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] SusieShoes' New Knees
    IMG_0767.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 430
You look great in the dress, the knees look great, the shoes look great. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Shoes! :cheers:
 
We had a wonderful dinner. We had reservations and it was a good thing as the place was crowded. That's because the food is phenomenal and the atmosphere romantic. Ten years and counting!
 
that's wonderful and happy anniversary to you both. i love the dress, perfect for this hot weather everyone seems to be having. you look beautiful with a radiant smile. your incisions are so neat and straight!:curtsey: p.s. the shoes are adorable. i have an artist friend that painted a colourful design on her shoes.
 
You look wonderful, from the top of the head to the shoes on your feet! Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Shoes!
 
Happy anniversary, Susie! It is good to know there's life after knee surgery :thumb:
 
Happy Anniversary! You look great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just read your week 10 report. What wonderful news.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Anniversary @SusieShoes and Mister Shoes! Susie, you look radiant, just adorable! I love the dress and the shoes are perfecto! Your scars aren't too shabby either, lol. Seriously, they look straight and great!
 
I just went back and looked at your photo gain, 'cuz I think I own the same dress, lol! GMTA at work?
 
I'm ALMOST pain-free, it's more discomfort in some situations. When I was in hospital, my new-born twin knees would take it in turns to co-operate (or not). One day Miss Right would behave nicely, then the next day she would sulk, and Miss Left would co-operate. Some exercises would be easier to do with one than the other. Now that I'm up to Week 8, Miss Left gives me virtually no trouble, although, when I'm going to sit on a chair, I put a cushion on it, sit down sideways, then swivel to the front, as neither knee takes kindly to being caught on a table leg! Miss Left can lie flat on the bed without discomfort, but Miss Right is not quite comfortable yet. Both knees feel a bit stiff after sitting on a chair for a while, but soon loosen up.

I've tried sleeping on my side. I manage to get the knees comfortable but after a few minutes my hip gets uncomfortable. There's nothing wrong with my hips; it's just that I could do with a bit more meat on them. That, and a new mattress wouldn't go astray either. A nice soft one.

Has anyone tried getting into a bath at this stage after a bilateral? I'd LOVE to hop nimbly into a nice warm bubble bath and relax, maybe with a cup of tea and a book. But I'm not sure I could get up again yet, even with my daughter helping. Oh well, that dream may have to wait for a while!

I've started going back to the pool too. I really enjoy doing exercises in the water; at this stage mainly walking up and down, sideways and backwards, and a few squats etc.

I agree with you Susie, about how wonderful it is to be free of arthritis pain! You are doing really well!
 
Love the dress and the shoes! I am glad you had a wonderful dinner. Happy anniversary!
 
Susie, you look terrific! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! I haven't worn a skirt or dress for a few years now because of my bandy, arthritic legs, (not bandy or arthritic anymore) but I plan to get back into them as soon as winter is over. Glad you enjoyed your night out.
 
Happy Anniversary! Looking Good!
I haven't worn a dress or skirt in public in 20 years now.
Just plain curiosity: Did you notice if anyone looked at your scars? Not that it matters any. As before, just wondering...
 
Thanks, everyone! And yes, @Arttie, it's true that women glow. I get dewy. :wink:

@Pheebs52, the dress is Eileen Fisher. If you have the same one, great minds do think alike! I don't wear many dresses except casual, summer ones or special occasion dresses. There may be more in my future. :loveshwr:
 
@VW54, I didn't notice anyone looking. Mind, I can be pretty oblivious. I'm too busy watching where I'm walking and taking in the atmosphere. Didn't catch anyone paying attention to my knees at all.
 
Susi, that's the one! I got mine back in early June at Garnet Hill. I just checked their website and of course, it's now on sale. However, online shopping was an integral part of my early recovery therapy, so I don't regret the few extra $$$. Besides, the dress is fab! I wear it so much and will continue to do so as long as the weather holds.:SUNsmile:
 
Week 10: Every Day's a Knee Day

I never know which knee I will wake up with in the morning. One morning, Lefty is an angel. The next, Lefty might be cranky. It depends somehow on my position during sleep, but--seeing as I tend to be asleep and have not yet become capable of spying on my knees in my dreams--I haven't quite figured out that puzzle. I could set up a nanny cam, I suppose, but... seriously, is it really that important? Things are better week by week.

This morning Lefty woke up in a good mood and so I took the knees on a short walk. Short because it was 82 in the shade out there at 6 am and will be 97 shortly. So we got a half mile of walking in and that was enough to loosen up the twins while not making me so dewy as to need to take a shower. That Lefty remains stiffer than Righty at all times is just something I must live with for now. The good news is I can walk just about as far as I want to without my knees complaining about it. About how I sleep? Oh, yes, that they complain about. About how far I walk? Not yet. I am increasing my distance and time incrementally and next week is three big blocks (about two miles). I think I could walk much further, but am wary about trying to do so without backup, which would be Mr. Shoes able to come fetch me in a car. So I'll just keep stretching my walks out one block at a time.

Slow and deliberate has been good to me. Make no mistake about my determination to recover every possible bit of function in my knees. I just know these things don't happen overnight. Unlike machines, where you replace a part and can drive out of the garage and onto the highway, bodies have their own timeline. You replace the part and all the stuff surrounding that part are going, "What the :yikes:?" A hundred things have to settle down. Some have to grow and adapt. Others have to stretch and reshape. These things take time. And there's really no predicting exactly how long that will take in patient A as opposed to me, patient B. There are averages. Am I average? I have no clue. So I just go along with what my body is doing and figure it will get there.

Trust the body. It know what it's doing in there. I think. I can't tell, but I think it's doing things. Bodies aren't big on talking unless they are VERY happy, or very unhappy.

Today mine seems content. Maybe it was last night's outing. Getting out of the house and doing romantic things is a great distraction. Then again, it might have been the dessert. Nothing like a chocolate-y, sugar-overdose Dream Bomba to blitz the brain and make the registering of pain impossible.:yes!:

Tomorrow is Family Saturday again. I think we're cooking out. We'll see which knees show up to the party.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom