Recent content by eaglemom

  1. eaglemom

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    I usually try to figure out the 'why' are they asking the question. How long my recovery takes means nothing to them so why are they concerned? When I finally ask that question my "friend" said she thought I wanted to talk about my recovery!! I just wanted the comments to stop!! I just figure...
  2. eaglemom

    TKR April 28, 2026

    Remember we all heal at our pace. I know you know that, but sometimes its good to be reminded this isn't a sprint. I personally heal slowly, very slowly so I know it will always take me longer to recover. There are others whom are the opposite and heal much faster. Alas, your body is in control...
  3. eaglemom

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    I so agree, send some of that cooler air this way. Don't long pants feel 'odd' now? I know to me they did. Just a very different sensation on the knee / leg. Keep up the good work.
  4. eaglemom

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    Never underestimate ignore the resurgence of energy drain. It seems to come from no where and zap you. Good for you listening to your body and grabbing a nap. Those are so beneficial - mentally and physically. Your posts are awesome in encouraging other members along this journey. Thank you...
  5. eaglemom

    TKR April 28, 2026

    I am so glad that you had that conversation with the PA and thrilled that she gently suggested you might be overdoing it. It doesn't take much to make a knee mad!! I'm glad your doing as well as you are doing. Good job. Icing and elevating are your job for the time being.
  6. eaglemom

    Arthroscopy Don't know what to do next/Knee-can't walk

    You have been given excellent suggestions. At a minimum, when you see the new specialist have the Scoring Chart in hand. Also have a list. I've found that when I hand my doctors (PCP or specialists) a piece of paper that states exactly what I'm feeling / experiencing & when it happens it seems...
  7. eaglemom

    Revision TKR TKR1022's Revision - February 2026

    That you are satisfied with where you are at now is vital and wonderful. It seems like you are progressing along just fine. You have clearly learned that you can't rush healing. We'd all like to, but alas, we can't. Keep posting your progress, we love to have others learned from your experiences.
  8. eaglemom

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    I often wonder Readabook, if those who proclaim to "never had an issue" are being honest. I mean totally honest. Some recovery more quickly than others, we all have different pain levels, but to just say it was nothing, I just have always had a hard time buying it. Now, that might just be me...
  9. eaglemom

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    I want to jump in with something that I do for my BFF when she has her grandkids. (We don't have any grands, so these are as close as I'll ever get to having some.) Anyway, when I know she'll have the kiddo's I'll just happen to pop by. We might go to the park or just her backyard, or play...
  10. eaglemom

    TKR TKR concerns

    Goodness a high heart rate is nothing to ignore. I'm glad that your taking it seriously. Having said that why not just give yourself a break from 'formal' PT? See if you can't do the same exercises at home, or better yet, rest more, elevate and ice more & see how you feel and your knee. Taking...
  11. eaglemom

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    That's just place wonderful. Your getting back to what was your normal. I don't have to say it because you know to be careful and not over do it.
  12. eaglemom

    TKR April 28, 2026

    Those are excellent numbers. For Righty on 8/25 remember to be icing and elevating both legs. At first it might seem odd, but you'll quickly become used to it! Good job.
  13. eaglemom

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    You ask why don't the surgeons share / tell us more. In my own personal opinion only, I think they just give the summery of the knee issues. And at that they share it rather quickly. Its hard to absorb everything that is being said much less to ask informative questions. I always try to have...
  14. eaglemom

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    It sounds like things are under control at your house. Good for you. Now we wait to see how the PT session goes, for both of you!
  15. eaglemom

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    This sounds like your headed in the right direction. Remember to write down your questions and to also write down the sequence of events that has gotten you referred to this clinic. Its always easier to look on a sheet of paper (or your phone) rather than trying to recall something. When is your...
Back
Top Bottom