Recent content by drahdrah

  1. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    Thanks @Hoppy Nanny @Jaycey and @MajorHeidi @hipalonghopalong - great to hear that you are doing ok so soon after surgery. Yup, everything will feel better after a hot shower.
  2. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    Hi everyone, just wanted to stop by and say hi and let you know that I am doing quite well. I have been back to work full time for just over two months now, and the progress since I went back has been astounding. Up until I went back to work, I was scared that I couldn't manage the physical...
  3. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    thanks @Hoppy Nanny - yes, I am starting to think this is one of those niggly things as well. My main concern is that I am going back to full time work in 2 weeks, and these niggly things will be much harder to handle when I have to add 8 hours of work to my daily routine. Sigh... we shall see.
  4. D

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    wow @dkirk0530 , sounds like you are doing great. I think I have to start "overdoing" it some so that I gain both strength and confidence.
  5. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    I am 10 weeks post op on my second THR and I am having some issues when I walk. I have not done anything crazy. I usually go from between 5-15 minutes at a time, and never more than 2 or 3 times a day. Usually my walking is incorporated in what I have to do during the day (ie. getting to the...
  6. D

    THR Hi.. Anniemg - hip #2 over here!

    Hi @anniemg , Thanks for your reply and feedback. I can relate to everything you say. I am going back to work on April 22nd. Emotionally, I am looking forward to going back - physically, it will be challenging. We shall see how things go. :)
  7. D

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    @Vetgirl - you are an inspiration. Your smile vibrates through the screen. So glad that things are looking up and that you continue to be in good spirits. Praying for your continued recovery and sending you positive vibes from Canada. xoxo
  8. D

    THR Hi.. Anniemg - hip #2 over here!

    Hi @anniemg - so nice to read your update, and am glad that you are doing so well - one year and 5 months out. As I am not too far behind you in my recoveries and can relate with your story (I am six months and 2.5 months post op on my 2 hips), I was wondering if you could shed some light on a...
  9. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    OMG @Vetgirl - absolutely no apologies necessary considering all that you are going through. I do appreciate your feedback about PF. For me, the PF seems to be under control - more of a mild irritation than anything. I have insoles that I always use when out of the house, and wear crocs...
  10. D

    THR Removal of implant due to infection

    Hi @koala78 - I can imagine how difficult things are right now, and I am very glad that things are looking good for a much brighter future. Hang in there.
  11. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    Hi Chrissie (@Hoppy Nanny ), so sorry that you are not feeling well. I had a really bad cold and cough a few weeks back, and it just made me miserable, and set me back a bit on my second recovery. Is it possible that the groin pain may be due to your cough and jolting your body does when it...
  12. D

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    Hi Chrissie ! (@Hoppy Nanny )... back to work is next month (April 22nd). I've still got a few more weeks to get mentally and physically prepared. I will keep you posted once I start back. For now, all is good. Small improvements every week. How are you doing?
  13. D

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    @Vetgirl - so glad to hear that you are on your way to getting better. I can't imagine how it felt to be crashing and alert with all that chaos around you. I felt like I was watching an episode of ER from how you wrote it, except it was from your eyes... must have been very scary and surreal...
  14. D

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    Thanks Chrissie (@Hoppy Nanny ) I am looking forward to ditching the cane altogether. Unfortunately I just got back from a short walk, and it is clear that I definitely still need it for anything longer than moving from room to room around the house. I also notice that anytime I walk outside...
  15. D

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    @charmed-life - thanks for the feedback about stairs. I have weakness on both hips when doing them, so I hold onto the railing on one side and use my cane on the other to balance me. It seems to be getting easier, but the progress is so slow that sometimes it feels I will never be able to do...
Back
Top Bottom