THR Removal of implant due to infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @koala78

I'm so sorry you have to go through this....I join you in 2 weeks...when I get my implant removed in a 2 stage revision. I am sure (or I hope) that they will make sure the infection is clear before they put in a new hip.

I can't offer much advice except offer my support and prayers. Many people have travelled this road and gone on to live life infection free.

You have to hang onto this and know sometime in the future....hopefully soon....it will be resolved

Sending you hugs and tagging @Josephine for any advice she may be able to offer you

Xxx
 
I'm not sure what I have to do o re-register? I just added to my thread from January.
 
@koala78 , no you don't have to register. Just keep posting here. Hang in there - these things are very complex as @Vetgirl knows well!
 
Hi Koala
I had a 2 stage revision through infection and i am now coming up to 2 years since i had it done. When i had the first stage i was on antibiotics i/v for 3 weeks and then oral for 6 weeks.when i was almost ready for the 2nd stage i got more infections and they took out the spacer and then put me on more i/v antibiotics and then more oral ones. I then went another 6 months having my blood checked every week and when everything was alright i went in hospital and had the 2nd stage.Since then i have had very few problems and i am walking unaided with a slight limp and my thigh seems stiff all the time which they say is due to scar tissue.the last time i went to the hospital they said they dont want to see me for 2years.
Anyhow that is how mine has gone and i hope yours goes as good as mine and that in the future you will be walking about enjoying your life.
So good luck to you and keep doing what is needed to get you on the road to recovery
All the best
Terry
 
Thanks terry, it is helpful to hear someone come through this. All te best
 
Update. Bone aspiration test last week was good (though it was last fall too yet was full of infection). Therapy numbers still higher than we'd like but decision made to proceed with stage two, surgery and new implant going in. Will likely be in may. Hopefully this will work as past three months with a spacer has been so difficult. There is hope ahead though....
 
Hi @koala78 - I can imagine how difficult things are right now, and I am very glad that things are looking good for a much brighter future. Hang in there.
 
Oh congratulations @koala78 that is great news

I've had my spacer in for 2 weeks and it is restricting so you have done so well to have it in for so long

Try and keep your spirits up while you do this last bit of waiting
 
Vet girl, how are you doing now?
 
@koala78 - I had logged off and was lurking when I saw that you will hopefully have your surgery next month. I have followed your journey and just had to log back on to wish you happier days ahead. You have been so quietly patient - your turn for a full recovery is coming - hugs from OZ xx
 
Thanks @koala78 I'm doing ok. Having a bit of pain but I have done a lot in the last 2 days and my body is screaming enough.

Please post an update on how you are going.....we would love to hear and support you!!!!
 
Still using a walker and struggling to get around. Normally I have 3/4 inch difference in leg length. With the spacer I now have about a 3 inch difference which makes walking difficult. Muscles tend to hurt at night. Still having sleeping difficulties. I can get into bed on my own but otherwise still follow all early precautions. Crp levels in high 20's or low 30's. I have lots of other inflammation so if I stay around 20 we'dbehappy. Have only been out 4 times in 4 months. This has been hard.
 
@koala78 You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. It won't be long and hopefully things will be moving forward for you. We are here for you!

May God bless you. Happy Easter. :SUNsmile:
 
Oh dear....LLD would make it difficult to walk. CRP's are still a little high....any idea why? what other inflammation do you have?

I really hope that this all works out for you...any chance you can get out more? Even for a coffee...I've found a wheelchair great for that

Try and hang out here more often to get the support you need....I think it would help
we are here and want to help you xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom