Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do hope that the c. Diff comes back negative Sally..... And you get rid of that UTI. You are so good at making light of your problems but I'm hoping that you don't have any more setbacks.....I'm sure you are nervous about going home and being on your own but I'm sure you will find some ways to cope. This must be such a daunting time for you but you have still got your lovely sense of humour.......wishing you all the very best..... Love & hugs Chrissie xxxx
 
Thanks Gill @miaow27 ....that makes me feel better.

Here's a photo of my kids and friend visiting and me and hubby and gowned up to protect them from me!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
 
Great shots Sally! You look in good spirits and the family too - I bet the kids had fun playing 'dress ups' with the mask and gown.
Really sorry your still not in the clear re-infection and I am thinking of you
can't carry cups of tea or much else while on crutches.
I am using underarm crutches now and I can manage to carry a cup of coffee from the kitchen to the study - just need to 'throw' the crutch forward by the underarm and make sure the foot lands in the right place - not at all elegant but I find it practical when my DW is busy - of course she yells at me when she sees me doing it:hissy:
 
Great photos! You look good and all your family have lovely eyes! ;-)
Thanks for sharing and keep smiling, Gill :-)
 
Sally thank you for posting the photos. So sorry that you are having to cope with some complications. :/ I am sure it must be frustrating. Hopefully the gowns and UTI will soon be a thing of the past. <3
 
Sally, I am following your updates and sending my most positive thoughts to you for a successful clearing up of all infections!!! Hang in there and keep taking your baby steps .... :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile: Jenny
 
Hi @Vetgirl Sally!
That's so weird about the UTI and that strong antibiotic in the spacer not being able to work on the UTI.
So another antibiotic will do the job there.
Sure hope you don't have c diff; and the extra precautions on that can be dropped.
Your pix are fun! You and your fam are photogenic, and you all look so happy!
I hope you catch a break real soon, and have a good weekend!
xo
 
Sally, what a beautiful family you have. They are as bright and sunny as you are, my dear. What a blessing!! I wish the best for you. One day at a time.....
 
Thanks everyone.....just to clarify. The lady in the hat is my friend and the other 2 are my girls.

Good news.....my visitors no longer have to gown up...I'm c-diff negative!!!!!:egypdance::dancy::happydance:


Today I walked a bit further than before x 2 and tried the stairs which wasn't as bad as I thought, as long as I have a hand rail. I also went outside for the first time since the surgery - 11 days. The family took me downstairs in the wheelchair which was lovely but tiring.

Now my eldest daughter has come back to work on her assignment in the peace and quiet here while my hubby picks up a recliner chair we bought for $90.....it cost $80 a month to hire and we need it for a while considering I have the THR to come.

I am feeling like I'm nearly ready to come home after getting around better even if its as slow as a snail!!!!
 
Wonderful news about being c-diff negative!!! So glad to hear that. :angel:

You are so pretty. Your family is just beautiful. What sweet girls & husband! You are very blessed.
 
Great news Sally....glad you nearly feel ready to go home....can feel your optimism returning....fab! Chrissie xxx
 
everything seems to be going well for you now as you say walking is very slow but will improve as the days go by and all improvements however small will feel good to you which they are keep on with all you need to do and you have got the strong will to get through it all
keep fighting and good luck
Terry
 
@Vetgirl one of my favorite songs is by the Gabe Dixon Band, "All will be well"

I love the line in it "All will be well, you can ask me how, but only time will tell"
Here is to your healing time, Cheers!
 
@Vetgirl - you are an inspiration. Your smile vibrates through the screen. So glad that things are looking up and that you continue to be in good spirits. Praying for your continued recovery and sending you positive vibes from Canada.
xoxo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom