I'm just getting back on here after many months. So glad you are done with the 2nd hip. It's such a great feeling. It's been over a year for both of mine and sooo glad to be back to normal. I can't believe I did them 2 months apart, but so glad I did now. My second was also different. I did...
Wow. I haven't been on here for awhile and missed your big day. So sorry to hear of your setback. That must have been a big shock to think you're leaving and then fund out about the infection. So glad that was a quick recovery and you were able to go home. It sounds like you are doing great...
Yes. It was a long recovery with 2 hips 2 months apart, but all behind me now. Best of luck to you. It really is not as bad as we imagine. You will be just fine.
Glad to hear that your gait is improving. It keeps getting better, I promise. I went to the gym the other day starting out slowly but going to get there. When I was walking out to the car I thought - I am not limping at all. I walk like a normal person -- Please be careful on stairs. I...
Hi CatLady1. Glad you are over the worse with your new hip. I had both of mine replaced almost 4 and 6 months ago. Yes, it gets much easier to go up and down the steps normally. Like limping, our brains get used the old way if doing things. Even now I have to remind myself I can go down the...
Just checking in since I have not been on in awhile. I hope all of the hippies are doing well!
I finally went to the gym twice this week. I've not been doing much other than pt exercises the past month, not as much walking with the snowier weather and can feel it. I'm starting slow 20...
So glad you are having a positive PT experience. I had a great PT and loved going. It was great to have a routine and get out of the house. It felt so good to get moving again.
Wishing you a happy healthy new year!
I wanted to wish all my Bonesmart buddies a Happy Hippie 2016. I've been off of here for awhile with lots going on with my mom, my son home from college and Christmas activities. I can't wait to get back to focussing on getting back in shape and losing weight.
My mom has gone into a...
Sounds like you are doing great @DeepBreath Only better days ahead now. I also had more incision and muscle pain (healing pains) with second. Nothing bad but more noticeable than the first. You're at that stage where everything is really starting to heal. I'm 11 weeks post op with second...
Sorry you're feeling down @DeepBreath I do have to say with the second that was less of an issue the first few weeks, but still sneaks up on me now 9 weeks after. I think mine is more of a "I did it, both surgeries are over" kind of relief crying, if that makes sense? It is hard because a...
So glad you are home!! I haven't been on here for a couple of days so just catching up. A roommate free hospital stay. ?? So happy for you. You are so right in remembering which is the good and bad leg once both are done. It's strange to reverse things at first. Funny how quickly the first...
Yay! So glad to hear from you. Welcome to the double hippie club. Speedy recovery to you!! I remember what a relief it was to wake up the morning after surgery and know both surgeries were behind me. I promise it is so much easier the second time, especially with surgeries so close together...
That's how I'm feeling. Like all the muscle turned to fat, and I had enough to begin with. Even though I've been doing walks and strengthening exercises, I feel I need the real workout of elliptical. I can starve and not lose an ounce, it has to be through exercise for me. We have to be...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.