THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh! I am so happy! :loveshwr::loveshwr::happydance::happydance::happydance::loveshwr::loveshwr:

this one will be a "walk in the park" hahaha now, to hear that you have either a private room or a sane roommate!!
Rest and ice, oh, you well know the mantra!! so glad to hear from you!! :flwrysmile:
 
When my alarm went off this morning, it was just about the time you were going into surgery so I said a prayer for you that all was going well. You've been on my mind today so I was hoping you'd be able to pop online real quick to check in. Yay! So happy to hear from you & glad everything went well!!
:happydance::yay::wave::dancy::friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodie! So glad to hear this one went without a hitch! Post when you can. Sleep now....
 
Hi @Nana757 :flwrysmile: Hope all is well with you! Isn't it great to see Deep on here and telling us she's doing well? I am smiling from ear to ear!
 
Yay, all done @DeepBreath :yay::yes!:. So glad it went well for you, Ive been thinking of you. Now you can rest and take a deep breath:wink: and join the elite double-hippy group :egypdance:. Take it easy my friend, so happy for you. Xx
 
Yay! So glad to hear from you. Welcome to the double hippie club. Speedy recovery to you!! I remember what a relief it was to wake up the morning after surgery and know both surgeries were behind me. I promise it is so much easier the second time, especially with surgeries so close together. You tend to work out all the frustrations and worries with the first one making #2 seem easier having just been through it. You know the timeframe of healing, etc. :welome::yes!:
 
Great news @DeepBreath I am so glad it is all over and that it went well.I hope your recovery goes really well but for now it is rest that you need.Thinking of you.Kim
 
You did it! Congratulations. I'm so glad that the surgery went well. That's wonderful news. I look forward to reading your updates. I've been visualizing you in a private, peaceful room. (without a roommate.) Sending lots of love and good vibes...
 
Hi Hippie Friends! I'm postingthis using my cell so it will be brief.
I want to answer all your kind words individually, but that will have to be when I go home. :)

So, status update: I have been up and down the hallway, navigated the PT stairs, can get myself in and out of bed pretty well with just a bit of help, and have conquered the dreaded first BM.
Even better than all that: I have NO roommate! :happydance:
So far, so good. Thank you for your caring and support! :flwrysmile:
I'll update as to when I go home...hopefully tomorrow, but we'll see. :)
 
Ahhh. Wonderful news!
No allergic reactions? That was on the prayer list, also.
:loveshwr:
 
:wave:Good news @DeepBreath! Sounds like you are doing really well and no roommate?? Wow, that sure is an added bonus, isn't it?! Happy to hear it! Have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! Hope you get to go home. :)
 
Wow...my visualization came true! I'm so happy to hear that you had your own room. I think it makes all the difference. I'm really impressed that you already went to the bathroom. That took me over a week! How's your pain? Congrats on doing so well with the PT. It sounds like you will be going home very soon. Good for you.
 
I am so happy for you Deep! Hope you get to go home tomorrow and at least be home for Thanksgiving. Sounds like everything is going great for you...especially that first BM! Yahoo!! Happy Thanksgiving sweetie. Rest up and take care.
 
What great news, @DeepBreath !!! So happy for you, mostly that you are moving about (without a fracture) AND that you have a room to yourself! Will be wonderful if you are ready to go home for turkey day, but at least you and your family will have a space to yourselves if you are still there. Glad to hear all is moving along without delay! It's such a relief, isn't it? Will be thinking of you, praying for you, and thankful that you are recovering as expected, making progress, and keeping that wonderful sense of humor of yours.

Doing well here, Michael has been cooking since yesterday for Thanksgiving, guess this is my opportunity to pass along the family dressing recipe. He mentioned that his back was bothering him this evening, don't think he realized what an undertaking the Thanksgiving meal is! I couldn't help but laugh, just a little! They don't realize what we endure until they try it themselves, do they? lol I'm thinking he may be wishing we had accepted one of the invites to join friends tomorrow. ; ) At least he has the Panthers to watch tomorrow, even if he has to lie on a heating pad. He, he!

Take care, and don't forget to get your pain meds on the clock! Sending healing hugs your way!
 
@CricketHip, thank you for the kind words. :) You're an awesome cheerleader! Unfortunately, I am now having the rash appear. I think it's most likely the antibiotics as I didn't have any signs until they had started the two courses. I'm going to request a list of everything they used on me, anesthesia, antibiotics, sterilizing components, meds, etc and then I am going to get a consult for an allergist and figure this thing out, if at all possible.
Hopefully it resolves quickly!

@Hipster Girl, thank you for the prayers! I could absolutely feel the positive vibes as I went into surgery. I was also tickled pink to not have a roommate. I find it difficult to sleep in the hospital, so since I was alone in the room I could watch TV or listen to music to my hearts content. It was a pretty sweet deal. :)

@Nana757, I'm so glad I got to come home today...and what a lovely day it was. The water, as we crossed the bridge, was so beautiful and calm. It felt good to soak up all the sunshine after being cooped up for a couple of days. :) Thank you for your kindness and support!

@Kay9, thank you :) It is great to have the second surgery behind me now. I hope all is going good for you. :)

@zachs mema, I am sending out good vibes for you, Friend! I hope all went well with your surgery. You were on my mind so much yesterday. :)

@Doodles51, I so agree with you that the second THR is easier. I wasn't nearly as stressed and seem to be able to do much more this time around. I'm very glad the two surgeries are behind me now. :)

@Jaycey, thank you so much for the good wishes. I spent quite a bit of time while in the hospital looking up information about various aspects of THR. This site, and your help, are invaluable. :)

@Kim22, thank you so much...and are 100% correct; what's needed now is rest. I fully intend to do as much of that as possible! :)

@Hip Hip Hooray! Your visualization was perfect. It was very peaceful. There were very few people on the ward and the staff is always very quiet and considerate. It was nice to be able to just lie there and be still.
My pain with this one is a little worse than with the first one. When the spinal wore off I still had some numbness along the upper part of my foot, my shin, and calf area. Also, when I got up for the first time, the incision hurt as well as the back part of my hip area and even down the back of my thigh. It is better now that I am getting up and moving around though. My surgeon came to see me yesterday and asked if I was having any discomfort. I told him about it and he said that all sounds pretty normal to him because they have to move muscles and nerves and the body will let you know its displeasure at being traumatized. I'm certain it will resolve with time and patience. :)

@Southernbelle, thank you for the kind words and encouragement. It means so much to me.
Hooray for your son cooking Thanksgiving dinner! Yep, preparing big meals can be tiresome. That sounds like a good lesson for any young person to learn. :wink:
I will definitely keep up on my pain meds. I am happily ensconced in my cozy bed with ice on my hip. It is heavenly. :)


Sorry for the short replies, friends. I'm having a devil of a time staying awake to type this out. THANK YOU for all of your support. It means so much to me.
I'm anxious to read about how everybody is doing. When I'm a bit more lucid I intend to catch up on my reading here on the forum.

Take care, hippie buddies. I hope you're enjoying your day wherever you are. Good thoughts flowing out for all of you. :flwrysmile:
 
What a wonderful update. I'm sorry that you've had more pain this time. It sounds normal to me, too. I found that the first three days were the worst. I just felt battered, but the meds really helped to mask and numb the pain.

Are you taking percoset (oxycodone)? I was just curious, because of your rash. I loved the pain killing properties of percoset, but it did make me itch. I was getting bumps that would bleed when I scratched them. It went away once I was able to cut back on the meds.

So happy that you made it home and are doing so well. Thanks for posting, and please don't feel pressured to answer. I send you love and healing...
 
What a fantastic update @DeepBreath I am so glad that you are home already and you are able to celebrate Thanksgiving there with your family.I hope your pain is well controlled and the rash is soon gone.I actually got round to making your scalloped potatoes for dinner today and the meal was delicious,a resounding success with both my husband and son so I don't think it will be long before I make it again.So thank you for sharing the recipe.I hope your recovery continues to be good and uneventful.Wishing you and all my other hip buddies in the USA a very Happy Thanksgiving.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom