THR 2nd Shiny new hip installed and ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Medfordart !! hello! I am so happy to find your recovery thread.. congratulations! no nausea, that is a wonderful first step in the right direction.
So happy to read that you are off to a great start.. :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::flwrysmile:
 
Doing pretty good here. Walking more with the cane. Taking less pain meds. Naps are still a must. Hope everyone is having a great day!
 
Ok @Jaycey took my pain med....had a bm. Just need stamina. I am doing so much better than first time around..just anxious to get this show on the road.
 
@Medfordart You are doing great! Give yourself time to recover. I found that if I felt good and started trying to do too much then I was feeling it the very next day. It never failed. Just take your time and sit back and enjoy December and online shopping!
 
Glad to hear that you are doing so well. You are on your way to walking your long distances again ( uhh, but maybe wait a while for that?? )
 
Hi @CricketHip . Doing pretty good...stamina is not great, but working on. I am trying to move more and more. It is a great feeling to know these hips are done..only upwards now! I told my PT that once my restrictions are lifted, we have to work on my ability to get back in my kayak!
Hope you are enjoying this weather...ugh. Doesn't bother me...warm in my robe!
 
Don't forget the energy drain @Medfordart ! It's all a part of this recovery and you really can't fight it. Just roll with it for now. Plenty of time for that kayak once that hip is healed.
 
Oh that energy level is zip right now @Jaycey ! I am hoping to get that kayak out this summer...looking forward and dreaming....
 
@Medfordart The energy will come with time! You will definitely be getting back out in your kayak! Or you could come to Florida! Kayak weather all year round!
 
Two week check up went well today. Bandage off... everything looks good. Physical Therapy before. I had to take a two hour nap when I got home. Working hard and making progress.
 
Drove myself to physical therapy yesterday. Independence felt great. Yes, no pain medications anymore.
 
@Medfordart Sounds like you are doing fabulous!
Looks like your weather is delicious! It will be 80 degrees here for a fact Christmas Day! Bummed!
Keep up the good work on recovery! No pain meds, yay!
 
I'm just getting back on here after many months. So glad you are done with the 2nd hip. It's such a great feeling. It's been over a year for both of mine and sooo glad to be back to normal. I can't believe I did them 2 months apart, but so glad I did now. My second was also different. I did not have any more pain, but I remember it just feeling strange the first time I stepped on it. I think the newest hip leg was a little longer right after surgery but shifted quickly.

Now I hardly think of the surgeries. So strange how it consumes ours lives and then we get to that place where we're back to normal. Honestly I think it takes a good year to get everything but to normal, mostly getting all the muscles getting working again. Best of luck to you in your recovery. Be careful out in the snow. That is when I still think of having new hips, and tip toe around.
 
Hi @Doodles51 ! Great to hear from you. Yes, it is great to be done with it all! I agree about it taking a year, but this one is recovering pretty well. I miss recovering in the summer time....definitely have to be a lot more cautious in this weather. Keep in touch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom