Recent content by Debluca

  1. Debluca

    THR Bumblebee in Recovery

    Hi! Following this thread - I do remember that show (63 here.....) and totally feel it at times. Heel-toe. Being mindful all the times is hard! Started PT last week and she has me doing the "tightrope" thing for balance and that's pretty helpful short term. Some of the stretches has me...
  2. Debluca

    Welcome to the February Valentines' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

    Thank you! It's good to have an "anchor" to this forum. I look forward to sharing my experiences and hope with others in the same boat.....
  3. Debluca

    THR Hike’s Recovery

    Hi - I'm at 8 weeks post op today and so far so good... about the dental work and penicillin, both dentist and surgeon insisted on it - I wasn't crazy about taking them either, and googled it - all I read was it wasn't necessary, too much antibiotic use, eating and brushing your teeth can...
  4. Debluca

    THR Hipster Newly Post-Op

    Oh, and I am back at work - we are extremely short staffed so my return was welcome - made sure to make it clear there are things I just can't do yet (like replacing water bottle on cooler lol) or doing a lot of bending, but I'm lucky I have a good support system there. Getting in and out of...
  5. Debluca

    THR Hipster Newly Post-Op

    7 weeks yesterday - went for X-ray (had to do at hospital not doctors office). He thought I'm doing ok - I was having a "good" day when I saw him and he had me stand on one leg - I was surprised I could stand for a few seconds before getting wobbly but realize I'm no where near where I want...
  6. Debluca

    THR Oops I did something<

    Hi - spunky268 - warm weather is coming - looking forward to walking outside! Went to hospital today for X-rays and purposely parked a ways away so I could get some walking in - brought cane for backup and did have to use it on my walk back. Really felt muscles around the hip not fully...
  7. Debluca

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Hi hipster333 - catching up tonight and your post got to me. I'm at 7 weeks today and still have pain after sitting too long mainly. Do my exercises in the morning but not regimented after that - just walking. Back to work but maybe too early (didn't have much choice) but no big demands on me...
  8. Debluca

    THR Oops I did something<

    Hi @spunky268 - we're on the same path - 6 weeks post op today. I'm on my 2nd week back to work and it's been mixed feelings. I'm happy to be back, but feel I'm not getting enough walking in. My drive is only 10 minutes and getting in and out of my SUV is not too big a deal - I have a mostly...
  9. Debluca

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Getting in the shower now encouraged by you all that today will be a good one if I do what I'm supposed to! Ordered some better ice packs last night (thanks @SaraK) but will wing it today. Getting hair cut later too which should make me feel a little better! (This posting is a lot easier on a...
  10. Debluca

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Thank you!
  11. Debluca

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    @hipster333 thanks for the advice - you are so right about following advice of those who have been there. I keep running into people who tell me they're walking a mile after a week or back to work in 2 but I'm not them. I have a feeling going back after 5 weeks will slow down my recovery but I...
  12. Debluca

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Hi - so glad to see this whole thread posted, especially on the back to work issues. I’ll have 5 weeks post-op today and started back full time this week. I knew I wasn’t walking enough as Home (and truthfully just had enough with minimal support) that being at my own desk would be just what...
  13. Debluca

    THR Hipster Newly Post-Op

    Hello! I’m at 4 weeks today and must say feeling pretty good overall except for some stomach issues now and then probably due to iron supplements I have to take. Off pain meds altogether, so sleep can still be a challenge. I’ve been working from home this week and last (on my own schedule...
  14. Debluca

    THR Oops I did something<

    Hi - interested in this thread because I’m more than anxious to get back to work but forcing myself to be sensible. I’m 3-1/2 weeks post op and started working from home last Tuesday. I’m an administrative assistant in a hospital with no one covering for me so I’m trying to stay in the loop -...
Back
Top Bottom