Guest viewing is limited

THR Oops I did something<

Hi there,
Wondering if you take a Pro-biotic? Something to consider in support of healthy digestion.
Talk to your doc, get his / her opinion.
Hope you're blood work looks good.
Wishing you a great day!
@spunky268
 
Hi there,
Wondering if you take a Pro-biotic? Something to consider in support of healthy digestion.
Talk to your doc, get his / her opinion.
Hope you're blood work looks good.
Wishing you a great day!
@spunky268

The blood work came back normal. I quit taking the Celebrex. I’m hoping that that was the cause of the diarrhea. Still not 100. Almost 6 weeks.
 
Hi @spunky268
Great news on the bloodwork.
Hopefully eliminating the Celebrex gets you back on track.
Hope you have a good week. Wishing you the best as continue healing!
 
The weather here in Pennsylvania has been horrible. Three to five inches of snow this morning. I am supposed to be walking. How? Anyway has anyone done a walking video. I just did a mile. I am 6 weeks post op. Going back to OS next Friday.
 
Bad weather it's good to walk at a mall or Walmart. Grocery stores and WM are great as you use the basket as a walker, makes it real easy to concentrate on proper gait. I park by the furthest cart rack that has carts and get one and walk the big parking lot. Glass windows of stores are a good mirror to watch your gait so you don't get the limping habit.
 
Hi @spunky268 - we're on the same path - 6 weeks post op today. I'm on my 2nd week back to work and it's been mixed feelings. I'm happy to be back, but feel I'm not getting enough walking in. My drive is only 10 minutes and getting in and out of my SUV is not too big a deal - I have a mostly desk job and have to get up and down a lot (copier, greeting customers, bathroom, etc.) and that's my biggest problem. I feel I need WD40 for the first few steps to unkink my hip before walking - it's really sore and the thigh muscles are a little sore. I need to remember to ice at my desk (finally found a good one that won't leak - I don't have a freezer at work, but an ice maker). Once I'm walking I feel I'm all good - even up and down stairs. I have to remember to bring the cane just in case, since if I sit to eat lunch I need it for the first few steps once I get up. I'm seeing my OS next Tuesday to see where I'm at - hope the Xrays show I haven't done any damage and just need to remember to be patient! Good luck - keep in touch (I'm in New Jersey - had the same snow the other day - when will it be Spring??)
 
Those first stutter steps happen to many members even after walking plenty. Doesn't take long for everything to tighten back up. You've got the right idea...ice, ice, ice!
Hope today is a better day , @spunky268 :ice:
 
Hi @spunky268 - we're on the same path - 6 weeks post op today. I'm on my 2nd week back to work and it's been mixed feelings. I'm happy to be back, but feel I'm not getting enough walking in. My drive is only 10 minutes and getting in and out of my SUV is not too big a deal - I have a mostly desk job and have to get up and down a lot (copier, greeting customers, bathroom, etc.) and that's my biggest problem. I feel I need WD40 for the first few steps to unkink my hip before walking - it's really sore and the thigh muscles are a little sore. I need to remember to ice at my desk (finally found a good one that won't leak - I don't have a freezer at work, but an ice maker). Once I'm walking I feel I'm all good - even up and down stairs. I have to remember to bring the cane just in case, since if I sit to eat lunch I need it for the first few steps once I get up. I'm seeing my OS next Tuesday to see where I'm at - hope the Xrays show I haven't done any damage and just need to remember to be patient! Good luck - keep in touch (I'm in New Jersey - had the same snow the other day - when will it be Spring??)

I have not gone back to work yet. I’m a teacher’s aide and do a lot of walking so I’m putting off going back. It still hurts to drive as it’s my right hip and I have a half hour drive. I go back next Friday
 
Hi @spunky268 - we're on the same path - 6 weeks post op today. I'm on my 2nd week back to work and it's been mixed feelings. I'm happy to be back, but feel I'm not getting enough walking in. My drive is only 10 minutes and getting in and out of my SUV is not too big a deal - I have a mostly desk job and have to get up and down a lot (copier, greeting customers, bathroom, etc.) and that's my biggest problem. I feel I need WD40 for the first few steps to unkink my hip before walking - it's really sore and the thigh muscles are a little sore. I need to remember to ice at my desk (finally found a good one that won't leak - I don't have a freezer at work, but an ice maker). Once I'm walking I feel I'm all good - even up and down stairs. I have to remember to bring the cane just in case, since if I sit to eat lunch I need it for the first few steps once I get up. I'm seeing my OS next Tuesday to see where I'm at - hope the Xrays show I haven't done any damage and just need to remember to be patient! Good luck - keep in touch (I'm in New Jersey - had the same snow the other day - when will it be Spring??)
Bad weather it's good to walk at a mall or Walmart. Grocery stores and WM are great as you use the basket as a walker, makes it real easy to concentrate on proper gait. I park by the furthest cart rack that has carts and get one and walk the big parking lot. Glass windows of stores are a good mirror to watch your gait so you don't get the limping habit.

We went out yesterday. I still can’t drive it hurts so I have to depend on husband to take me somewhere. Sucks and this weather.
 
Mine is left so driving was no big deal as long as I was comfortable sitting. I drove last week to visit someone and I just stopped after an hour to get out and walk and stretch my legs. The first couple of weeks the seat in certain vehicles was uncomfortable on the incision, that went away after time.
 
I feel I need WD40 for the first few steps to unkink my hip before walking - it's really sore and the thigh muscles are a little sore

Please pass the WD-40 @Debluca to me. :heehee: Thanks! I feel like the tinman.

Hi - spunky268 - warm weather is coming - looking forward to walking outside! Went to hospital today for X-rays and purposely parked a ways away so I could get some walking in - brought cane for backup and did have to use it on my walk back. Really felt muscles around the hip not fully supporting me so lightbulb went off that it's going to take time! Every little bit will help and I need to remember to remind everyone (as well as myself) I'm not "fixed" yet. Haha. I work front desk with people coming in periodically so my new thing is getting up when they walk in so I have time to stretch some before heading off to copier or wherever I need to get to. Feel it's better than sitting for such long periods just pointing... Wish I had a stand-up work station! Going to conference Saturday that I can't get out of so will be sitting most of the day. Will try to sit near door and take frequent bathroom breaks! Have a good night!
 
@Debluca ...Your surgery was one day after me. I still use cane on and off, especially when my groin aches and limping. Other times I can walk without it and I am fine. I think we are in the transition phase still.:) :-) (::fingersx:
 
Last edited:
I haven’t used to cane for awhile. I am now walking with a friend outside while we can. Maybe we can meet at the mall when the weather gets bad next week. We are doing 3/4 of a mile every other day. Really trying to build up my strength. Drove with my right leg on the brake. Big deal.
 
It’s been about 8 weeks. I still have pain. I thought by now there would be very minimal pain. I wake up in pain and stiff. I’m ok on Tylenol but am getting nervous because I have to go back to work soon and thought by now I would be pain free. I’ve been walking as much as I can
 
Hi @spunky268
I'm wondering when your next appointment with the OS is?
If it's not soon, consider calling the office to speak with your doctor, or a member of his care team.
Possibly once you explain your pain they'll be able to offer a solution. It would be wise to address this since you mentioned you're due to return to work. You also have the option of tagging Josephine if you wish. She's the forum Nurse with 50+ yrs experience in the field of orthopedics. She may be able to advise after you pinpoint your pain on a graph and answer a series of questions. An option to consider.
Hope you have a good day!
 
When do you have pain? Is it while at rest? I can make my muscles hurt and sore but after rest they're fine and no pain while resting.
 
Back
Top Bottom