Guest viewing is limited

THR Oops I did something<

I want the dizziness lightheadedness to go away. It’s worse in the morning. It feels like it is sinus related. Not a full blown sinus infection but a little draining as the day goes on.
 
I am about 4 weeks post op. I’m done with home therapy. My doctor said best thing now is just walking. How soon did everyone go back to work? What kind of a job do you have. I’m getting very anxious and want to be on the right track. I don’t have a follow up until February 13th.
 
Hi @spunky268 I’m 5.5 weeks post op and am going back a week from Monday 3 hrs per day. I’m a librarian in a middle school so can sit or walk around as much as I want. It’s a small school. Only 200 kids. I’ll start back on my regular hrs the following week, but even that is only 5 hrs per day. I think my hardest part will be the drive since it’s a half hour. How is your recovery going?
 
Hi @spunky268 I’m 5.5 weeks post op and am going back a week from Monday 3 hrs per day. I’m a librarian in a middle school so can sit or walk around as much as I want. It’s a small school. Only 200 kids. I’ll start back on my regular hrs the following week, but even that is only 5 hrs per day. I think my hardest part will be the drive since it’s a half hour. How is your recovery going?

Hi @spunky268, good going even thinking about work at 4 weeks. At 4 weeks I was still tied up in hip precautions and what I couldn't do rather than what I could. As you mentioned in your post a lot depends on what type of job you do and for how many hours. I just went back 4 weeks ago (at 16 weeks) and that,s been predominantly office based rather than my usual job as a ward nurse. This week I've done between. 2- 4 hours a day on the ward and the rest in the office. So far the hip's stood up to anything I've thrown at it, although I have needed a few more doses of pain mess. I had been off them completely.
I think a lot of what you can do depends on your job's level of freedom to get up and move around, or sit down when you need to. Hope your recovery continues on track- you sound like you're doing great!
 
I am tentatively looking at part time for a couple of weeks after 6 week check up next Tuesday and full time at the eight week mark. I have predominantly a desk job but I can get up and walk as needed. I went part time at four weeks after first hip and that was really a touch soon.

Glad your recovery is going well @spunky268.
 
I went back to work from the hospital bed lol, im lucky, all i need is my laptop and Brain .. Hip can recover on its own, but being self-employed i had no choice, deadlines to meet and a family to feed ..
 
I'm using my FMLA and my disability policy I've paid for all of these years. 90 days is the limit on FMLA and I'll use every second and more if my OS and I don't think it's ready. I have to pass a Human Performance Evaluation by my company's independent PT, includes a lot of foolish repetitive lifting and carrying that I don't perform in my actual job duty. I will not risk damaging myself over their foolishness.
I've been self employed in the past and hath ortho surgeries and rushed back to a physical job. Not the best idea but I was a lot younger and dumber.
 
I am a teacher’s aide at a pretty large middle school. I am everywhere in this school. I am trying to prolong this as long as I can because there is no part time or light duty.
 
I would too. Take as much paid leave as they will allow before you go back, especially if there is no option for light duties or a phased return. It's difficult when you have no option but to follow a time table and no option to just rest, or walk about as you wish or need. It's not like at home when you can adjust your activity depending on how you are feeling on the day.
 
I would too. Take as much paid leave as they will allow before you go back, especially if there is no option for light duties or a phased return. It's difficult when you have no option but to follow a time table and no option to just rest, or walk about as you wish or need. It's not like at home when you can adjust your activity depending on how you are feeling on the day.

Hi - interested in this thread because I’m more than anxious to get back to work but forcing myself to be sensible. I’m 3-1/2 weeks post op and started working from home last Tuesday. I’m an administrative assistant in a hospital with no one covering for me so I’m trying to stay in the loop - doing projects I can do on the computer which is working out ok. I’ve been using cane since just over a week post op and make sure to get my exercises in and not sit too long, as well as making sure to walk and rest. Only doing between 2-4 hours work a day and will continue a little more this week, but the plan is to go back full time in person a week from Monday.(Haven’t driven yet but will attempt this week - right hip so need to be very careful.). I know I’m going back to busy office so as long as brain works i hope the rest will follow. OS seems ok with progress so we’ll see! Xo
 
@spunky268 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

I am a teacher’s aide at a pretty large middle school. I am everywhere in this school. I am trying to prolong this as long as I can because there is no part time or light duty.
The recommended time off post THR is anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks and then a phased return to work. If you are not able to do a phased return I would suggest you wait at least 12 weeks.
 
Today was the first day I was out of the house. We went out to eat for my son’s birthday and then to the funeral home for my uncle. Busy day but not painful. At home now tired and icing.
 
Went to the doctors today. More blood work. Checking white blood count this time. Doctor doesn’t think the lightheadedness is anything to be concerned. She gave me the BRAT diet.
 
I agree with Jaycee. Ebb and Flow.
Good news...things should get better and better.:console2:
 
Another milestone! Out and about. Once you've had a taste of freedom, there'll be no stopping you.
Remember to build in rest time.
 
Hi @spunky268
Hope you're feeling better since last Monday and the lightheadedness has decreased.
Getting back out in the world is a great feeling, especially minus the pain we'd
grown accustomed to.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
 
Lightheadedness went away. Been feeling almost normal. My leg is still slightly swollen so it’s been hard to wear some pants. Plus the weight I gained doesn’t help. Still building up my strength.
 
More blood work today. My doctor did not like my potassium levels which were slightly high.
Having my loose bowed movements again. Bought more Activia.
 
Back
Top Bottom