Recent content by cjf1222

  1. cjf1222

    PKR Sharp pain, aching 14 weeks out of PKR

    Oh yes, I've developed the issue about going out! I have dealt with it on and off since the double four years ago after the radiation induced sarcoma was diagnosed and belatedly operated upon. I was in meltdown and very major depression. God healed me, as I've mentioned, and I know when it...
  2. cjf1222

    Revision TKR Painful, failed PKR = TKR Revision

    Please do not give up hope. Long term pain can cause awful emotional feelings. You have probably read Nana Moon's posts and the horrible pain she had until her revision. She has improved so much since then. This is something that will be fixed. The first surgeon just denied he made mistakes...
  3. cjf1222

    PKR Sharp pain, aching 14 weeks out of PKR

    Hi Ann! Thanks for being on you site while I was logged in. First off, I am very sorry for your family's loss. So very hard. Secondly, I'm glad your replaced knee is finally doing well! So much needless pain and worry The next replacement HAS to be easier. You've had your bad one. I'm on the...
  4. cjf1222

    TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

    Oh Chris. I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for God's healing of the infection. The last thing you need is the worry of insurance. Can you get someone to call for you so you can get permission to do at-home infusions until your incision is OK? You don't need the stress of...
  5. cjf1222

    PKR Sharp pain, aching 14 weeks out of PKR

    Thanks for asking @Nana moon 27 ! Spent most of today assembling things to bring to London. I still manage to overpack every time we travel. Can't bring myself to put things in suitcase until tomorrow. I hope the weather stays reasonable while we're there as it will not be very good in...
  6. cjf1222

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    Would love to know how you're doing Mary Jean.
  7. cjf1222

    MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

    Please go to A&E. You need it checked now!
  8. cjf1222

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    Sorry you are still in so much pain. I just hope you get into pain clinic soon.
  9. cjf1222

    Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

    So sad to read the news. My prayers to you and your family.
  10. cjf1222

    TKR Partial Replacement 10/21

    You should be significantly better in a few weeks. I say this as someone who had a partial and do believe the initial pain and movement limitation is less than with a full. It will take a few months to heal but you'll be happy to have had the surgery. Heal well and stay positive.
  11. cjf1222

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    Hi Mary Jean! How have you been doing? Been thinking about you. Feeling very dragged down right now with the cellulitis on the right reconstruction having returned again after 2 1/2 weeks. Also, low grade fever and just feeling yuck. Take care, Christie
  12. cjf1222

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Oh, Satsu. I'm sorry that you're in this situation. The VA sounds like a real mess. No generic medicine for this? If you have access to your doctor, perhaps he will give you a prescription for a less expensive step down medicine. I found hydrocodone worked well for another major surgery I had a...
  13. cjf1222

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Walmart comes to mind. Their pharmacy is usually very competitive as is Costco if you are a member. I don't know the generic name (if there is a generic), but that is often a lot less. Remember you need a written prescription for each refill. Regardless, you need that pain controlled so don't...
  14. cjf1222

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    So very glad you are better! Time and talking about it will begin to heal the emotional trauma.
  15. cjf1222

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    MaryJean, so glad to hear from you! You sound like the knee is finally coming around and that you are enjoying volunteering. My knee still hurts after walking and standing. Even managed to kick up the fibro/CFS by having the audacity to go shopping for much needed clothing for a few hours! Did...
Back
Top Bottom