Guest viewing is limited

PKR Sharp pain, aching 14 weeks out of PKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for asking @Nana moon 27 ! Spent most of today assembling things to bring to London. I still manage to overpack every time we travel. Can't bring myself to put things in suitcase until tomorrow. I hope the weather stays reasonable while we're there as it will not be very good in Atlanta! It is going down to 20 F at night here next week. Very cold for November down here.
I was so tickled to here you are finally sleeping and feeling better!! Such good news.
Take care and I'll drop by your cafe soon.
 
Hi @cjf1222

I've been thinking about you recently. I hope that you are keeping okay? It's been almost three months since I heard from you x I honestly thought that maybe you'd left the forum xx

Come on tell,us how you are and how yur knee is faring x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
Hi Ann! Thanks for being on you site while I was logged in. First off, I am very sorry for your family's loss. So very hard.
Secondly, I'm glad your replaced knee is finally doing well! So much needless pain and worry
The next replacement HAS to be easier. You've had your bad one.
I'm on the site about once a week but never can reply as I keep getting asked to log in again! I did log in again when I saw your post. I had the right breast replacement taken out Dec. 15. The cellulitis wasn't resolving so they managed to slot me in for surgery on the Friday before the actual Monday operation. Otherwise I would have had to wait until this month with IV antibiotics if that hadn't been hastily arranged. So far, no further infection.
I kept the other implant as that had been where the sarcoma developed and grew onto chest wall and onco doesn't think it should be messed with as yet. Very asymmetrical now! Will get measured for a prosthesis next week, to wear in bra.
All tolled, this has kicked up my anxiety and depression and have stayed in the house most of the time. So unhappy with myself but have gone into a shell. My legs lost any strength they had gained during PT with various infections (not knee I hope) back to back to back. So glad I was able to control infection long enough to get my husband to London and his beloved pubs for a couple of weeks. All the drugs I take don't see me to be helping with this. I need a break from medical issues...a feeling I know you are very familiar with!
God bless you! Christie
 
Hi Christie,

Just give me a couple of minutes and I'll post you properly. Thanks for replying. I'm ever so pleased xxx
 
Hi Christie,

I'm glad your implant removal was successful. What are they going to do about the Sarcoma? I'm so sorry to read about you're suffering anxiety and depression, is it any wonder really? You are such a brave lady.

I'm having online Cognitive Behaviour therapy (CBT) and online telephone support for my anxiety and depression. It's getting there albeit slowly. The way you be retreated into the house for safety is what I did but it resulted in my developing issues about going out. Even now I can be fine about some stuff and something else I won't want to do. I've been told this us quite normal with what I'm dealing with. When I went into "meltdown" my daughter had to drag me out to her car, a gibbering, snivelling, panicking wreck and had to do the same to get me in the doctors surgery. He doubled my antidepressants, referred me for CBT and here I am in recovery.

You get this support via referral from your GP. They give you options of how you receive this treatment. It's based on mindfulness. You can have the support the way I do it or group therapy or one to one x you have the choice.

Then I read your post and feel guilty because my health problems aren't as scary as yours are. Christie is you're feeling that bad please go see your GP. Please don't leave it until it's too late and you end up in meltdown.

My behaviour and the way I was treating and speaking to people was awful at times and I hurt a good friend. My own fault. I've had to accept the consequences of what I did and try to move on. Not a day goes by when I'm not beating myself up about it.

It's lovely to hear from you Christie

All my love and (((hugs))) to you xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Oh yes, I've developed the issue about going out! I have dealt with it on and off since the double four years ago after the radiation induced sarcoma was diagnosed and belatedly operated upon. I was in meltdown and very major depression. God healed me, as I've mentioned, and I know when it happened but didn't know it was a healing. But here I am!
This is no where near as bad, but I still have the hiding response. Glad to hear you have had some success with mindfulness. I can't up the meds as I am maxed out. I find it so hard to still my mind and I experience guilt and being down on myself much like you have. One of my best friends from university actually teaches mindfulness and has studied with some masters. It kept her sane while her family life was crumbling around her. But she lives in Michigan. Once I break this vicious cycle I will seek someone to help me. But I have tried that in the past.
Thanks for your concern. I have an onco appointment Friday which will get me out of the house. My EKG was abnormal (worse than before knee replacement) before the implant removal as well as some bleeding factors on blood test. I dread more doctors and tests but will do them and continue fighting. Can't give up now. Hugs and healing to you.
 
Christie

You are a wonderful, strong woman. You may not feel like it but honestly you are.

Would your friend send you the mindfulness relaxation links. Oh they are the best. I never dreamed they'd help me but I'm asleep within fifteen minutes of listening. Ok I don't sleep long but at least I get some sleep. My sleep is getting better. For some reason it favours 4-10am! Crazy x

Christie the referred CBT from the GP breaks the cycle, that's the idea behind it. Just give it some thought. However you have to be in the zone. I had the referral off the doc but did nothing with it for a few days xxx

Please stay in touch and let me know how that Onco appointment goes. Once again it's so great you're back on.

Love Ann xxx ((((((Hugs and healing))))) to you too x x x x
 
Hi @cjf1222, I had not seen you post for a while and thought you had left BS. I always enjoyed seeing and reading your posts as you were always so kind and positive. I was just catching up on your thread and my goodness you have been through a mighty lot. I am so sorry you are going through all that you are going through. I can truly understand you having anxiety and depression. I also was not aware you are dealing with fibromyalgia as well as everything else. I am so, so sorry. Christie my prayers and blessings are with you. I hope things go well with your onc appt. I do remember your EKG was abnormal in the past. Well we are going to pray that the test results following the EKG will certainly be okay. You continue to fight as you are a strong woman and a true fighter. I can tell that. May God be with you and know that you have friends here who care. My blessings are with you. Christine
 
Christie,
Sorry to hear of all you medical problems, sending positive thoughts and prayers,
 
Hi cjf1222. I've just been reading your post and would just like to say that having had first a partial then a total replacement, I would say that the recovery for the partial was worse or at least the same in the first eight weeks as the total. I find it strange that the general consensus is that a partial replacement is less painful as the bones are still attacked, there is forceful banging and manipulation and foreign objects are attached, not to mention the soft tissue trauma etc. good luck with your recovery! You're doing great!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hmmm I wrote that post then read the rest of your thread. You are dealing with a lot. I can't imagine what you must be going through but I hope your health continues to improve and you overcome these obstacles. You are a very strong and courageous woman. Good luck with everything x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@cjf1222 ,

You have been through a lot; but I can tell you are a fighter! God healed your sarcoma, now we will pray for an overall healing for you!

Lord, Chrissie has been through so much, but you have been holding her the whole time. Let her feel your all embracing love as she travels down the journey she is currently on. Lift the depression, give her the strength to continue to fight and come out victoriously on the other side so that she can continue to give the praise and glory to you. Stories like Chrissie's help people who think their is no hope realize that You are real. When two or more are gathered in your name you said it shall be granted. Thank you Lord. In all these things I pray, Amen.

Chrissie, tomorrow in church I am singing a song called "I am Holding You" by Chonda Pierce, and "God Loves You," by Chonda Pierce. I will put you in my heart as I am singing!:console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom