Recent content by Caloparker

  1. Caloparker

    TKR One down, one to go!

    @Jozilla @71Beetle @Texan &Old Texan Hi all! Been trying to catch up on all. Sounds like everyone is moving on nicely! Beetle, my scars look like yours! Don't overdo it; I had my right leg done exactly 3 months after my left one. This one has had a quicker ROM , less swelling, better...
  2. Caloparker

    TKR One down, one to go!

    I will be 4 weeks and 18 weeks post op tomorrow. Back on the recumbent bike and still a little shaky with the cane (sloppy with my left hand). Tapering off pain meds. Sleeping in bed, not recliner anymore. Quad muscles still waking, painful. PT better this time! Changed offices. Less pain...
  3. Caloparker

    TKR One down, one to go!

    @Dosbichons @crazycats @Epic_Ed @madinana @tired wife @msmechanic58 @kneeper @JustJeff @cafecortado Made it through!! RTKR on 21 July, exactly 3 months after LTKR. Things seem so much better this time. I talked to the anesthesiologist about the first surgery. I lost weeks of memory and...
  4. Caloparker

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    So happy to hear you are healing nicely! What a blessing! My doc said that the tightness I feel, and some swelling, could take up to a year to heal fully. Love, love the ice cuff! Well, tomorrow is my right knee. Left done 3 months ago. I am ready (at least every other 5 minutes!). : / Sent...
  5. Caloparker

    Lots to absorb-know everyone's different..but in general

    Tomorrow.....yay! I get to be first at 7:30am. Probably best to catch me before I'm fully awake. ; ) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
  6. Caloparker

    TRKR in 18 days!

    We are going to have awesome new knees! Set your sights on 2 months out. There should be a world of difference! We can celebrate the little successes together! I will tell you that I didn't post at all for more than a week, I think. Anesthesia does that to me. Maybe this time I can be more...
  7. Caloparker

    TRKR in 18 days!

    DianeJ, we are having surgery the same day. This is my second as I had a LTKR on 21 April, 3 months ago. I'm glad you found this site. It helped me find my voice in questionable areas and gave me some confidence in my recovery. It is not easy, but it is worth it. Keep the pain controlled, sleep...
  8. Caloparker

    Lots to absorb-know everyone's different..but in general

    Hi Dosbichons! We are having surgery the same day, 21 July. This is my second, a RTKR. I had a LTKR on 21 April. I am sure some anxiety is setting in. Last Monday I wore my shorts to PT backwards. ; ( I wouldn't be doing this again if I did not see how much better my life will be with strong...
  9. Caloparker

    Wheel chair, walker, or crutches post-op BPKR

    We are having surgery the same day, 21 July. It's my second TKR; the first one was done 3 months ago. I hope things go well for you. We have a motorized wheelchair, but I don't plan on using it. I am hoping the walker is enough. My concern is having the strength in my left leg (done 21 April)...
  10. Caloparker

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Thank you!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
  11. Caloparker

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    @DianeJ @Dosbichons @Crazy Cats @Epic_Ed Hi! I'm Cathy. I will also be having surgery 21 July. This is for my right knee. Three months ago I had my left knee done. Both TKRs. If this is your first, I hope to encourage you. It is not easy, but it is worth it. I look forward to sharing what we...
  12. Caloparker

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I am a July Sparkler? I love sparklies! My RTKR is 21 July, the 3 month anniversary of my LTKR. Getting my room ready, maybe some shopping, paying bills. Anxious some, but resigned. I had a very good post op report on my one knee. It feels strong. I am trusting God. Whatever happens...
  13. Caloparker

    TKR One down, one to go!

    Surgery fast approaching. I know I'm stressing. Went to PT with my shorts on backwards. •_• Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
  14. Caloparker

    TKR One down, one to go!

    @Jozilla Good rule! Never once when I was young did I think of my knees. But, today, I sure am grateful. My left is healing nicely ( 21 April) and my right is scheduled for 21 July. My daughter and grands just left for vacation at the beach. I always go, but not this year. Feeling kinda blue...
  15. Caloparker

    TKR Never Ending Infection

    @OldTexan I am so glad that you are responding to the antibiotics. This has been a series of difficult struggles and it's time you had some hope shine through. : ) So, if I understand correctly, your surgery for tomorrow may continue as originally planned before the infection. It won't be...
Back
Top Bottom