TKR One down, one to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is her last week with the practice. She is transferring somewhere else . I like a lot of what she does, but not these exercises.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Hopefully the replacement has different ideas. We tried several different positions before I got a method figured out. I was able to slide forward on the table and up the ROM. PT told me where I was at and it was encouragement to try for just one more degree. I got 115 and 113. Yeah!
 
Hi--I didn't get your tag. Probably b/c you had a comma at the end--punctuation will mess up tags. Anyway--I don't recognize those exercises from either knee. My home pt did have my lie on my stomach and bent my leg gently back. Mostly that is one I did under my own power last time. Too early for that on this knee.
 
@kneeper
Thanks. I appreciate the tip for tagging! My knee was just really swollen and sore for two days. I can't see the benefit. A little anxious because I want every day to count towards healing. My RTKR is scheduled in just 18 days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
First, let me please beg you to never allow a PT to do anything that hurts you. You are allowed to do that. It's your body and she works on it with your consent. All you have to do is say no and that consent is withdrawn. If she persists in doing it anyway, technically that is an assault. It's just not allowed. Just because they have a badge that says they are a PT does not give them carte blanche to whatever they please.

Secondly there is no good reason to struggle for ONE extra degree nor even five! You can get that by adjusting the goniometer a micron this way or that! It's like saying you want your haircut improved by cutting ONE hair! Just daft! All ROM measurement is only an estimate anyway, there is no pinpoint accuracy about it.
 
@Josephine
You are right Josephine! It is sometimes hard for me to put it into action in the moment. I'm getting there! I asked what the benefit of the exercise was. I did say if the choice was between the pain of the exercise and the numbers, that I didn't care about the numbers. And that I didn't want to do those two exercises. I'm getting there. Sincerely, thank you for helping me find my voice.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Fell today. : ( On concrete garage floor. No one home. : (

Perfect storm: trash can full, beagle, flip flops

2 tramodol, 800mg ibuprofen, ice and more ice and kept PT appt. Recumbent bike (at closest setting) and gentle stretches, massage of kneecap and ice

Knee looks good. 120 flex, doesn't hurt. Whew! Ice for back and some exercises to stretch injured muscle.
Thanks to my husband for encouraging me to keep moving. : )








Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Oh no! Did you call and let OS know? Glad it was not worse. I was just getting ready to take out the trash. I think I'll leave it for hubby.
 
@msmechanic58
Thanks for caring. No, I didn't call OS. My PT checked it and said it was moving nicely, clunking good and kneecap moving good. It is my back that hurts. Icing and moving slow, but moving. I don't know exactly how I lost my balance. My feet just didn't keep up with my body so I twisted and landed on my left buttock, which is amply padded. ; ).
Very shaken by it. I think I forget sometimes how fragile things still are. I'm lying there thinking, God, it's just me and you. No one else here. That's enough, though. You gotta help me get back inside. I'm just going to lay here for awhile (concrete was cold and felt kind of like an ice pack) while You figure something out. So, Let your husband take out the trash! Don't get too confidant. And don't wear flip flops. : )


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
And don't have a beagle? Lol

I'm glad that it was checked out and everything was ok. I hope your back settles down quickly. I need to go feed the chickens too but I will wait until hubby gets home. I live out in the country and it would be impossible to wait for someone to come find me. When hubby fell off the ladder it took 45 minutes for the ambulance to get to us.
 
@msmechanic58
Yes, And no beagles! Actually, that stubborn dog came and curled up right beside me. : ]

45 min can be a long, long time. You must enjoy the quieter life. ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Most of the time things are mellow and quiet out here. :)

It's been a difficult year though. Glad to have a peaceful place to chill.
 
@kneeper Thank you. I must say I am truly grateful that, despite some sore back muscles, I am fine. It was a big scare.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Yes glad you are ok! My OS is not a fan of flip flops and one of his recovery rules was to not wear anything on my feet without a back. Six months later I finally got brave and bought a pair. These knees are very sturdy though!
 
@Jozilla
Good rule! Never once when I was young did I think of my knees. But, today, I sure am grateful. My left is healing nicely ( 21 April) and my right is scheduled for 21 July. My daughter and grands just left for vacation at the beach. I always go, but not this year. Feeling kinda blue, but next year I'll be ready.

I think I read in one of your posts that you were looking forward to being a fun, active grandma. Me too! I so want to take my grandchildren to the museums and sites in Washington, DC and to the carnival and theme parks and parks and, of course,




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
You will be so ready and feel so good next summer! We can both look forward to more fun!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom