Guest viewing is limited

2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 14 @Boxwood (bilateral)
02 July14 @wnygal, @mdyou (her first)
03 July 14 @71Beetle (her second)
07 July 14 @knees (her first)
08 July 14 @Roselover, @mark2667 (bilateral), @dressagequeen, @Bigededdies
09 July 14 @madinana, @bichonmom (her second)
10 July 14 @vma, @Snooz
14 July 14 @Monah, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014, @doingmykneenext, @Gamma LLM, @DCgirl, @2stooges (her first)
15 July 14 @jsm, @kdennis
16 July 14 @Pipt (her second), @Lu.winslow (bilateral), @Reebok, @lumix (revision-partial to total), @Rockstar (bilateral), @2newknees (her second)
17 July 14 @bball78 (her second), @marmora
18 July 14 @CustomTKR, @harleysbud
21 July 14 @DianeJ, @Dosbichons, @Crazy Cats (her first partial), @Epic_Ed (bilateral partials), @Caloparker (her second)
22 July 14 @thequiltermom
23 July 14 @Racey60, @yorkhannah
24 July 14 @Anothertexan
25 July 14 @scstampin, @abe faxman
28 July 14 @samatney, @meechmom, @Daystar, @Iansmom, @GHealy
29 July 14 @gr82cu2, @ConnieJOS, @Foxsea
31 July 14 @Krynn49 (her second), @ATPlus
 
@Daystar Thanks for the welcome!! Yes you are one day ahead of me. I'm wishing you all the best. Won't it be wonderful to walk again without worrying about our knees! Foxsea
 
1 more week for me!! July 28th, LTKR. Can hardly wait!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@meechmom Wow, I wish I had your excitement! I'm having my TKR the same day as you. Looks like there are a bunch of us. Do you feel like you have everything ready?
 
Hi There! Yes, I think I'm ready! My RTKR was in January 2013 so it's still fresh in my memory! lol How about you??
 
Hi all,
Question…as a result of my bad knee, over time I've gained weight 10-15 lbs probably. How likely is it that I'll be able to lose this weight and how long will it take? Can I expect to lose any weight the first month…or second…or third? I know everyone moves along at their own pace but just wondered what you all might think about this. Thanks so much. What a great forum! Foxsea
 
:curtsey:@thequiltermom Belated best wishes for your surgery on 22 July. The wi-fi/internet in this hospital is patchy at the best of times, so couldn't log in Tuesday to wish you well, by now, you are on "the other side" and best wishes for your recovery.

@Racey60 @yorkhannah Best wishes today for your surgeries and look forward to seeing you on the other side. :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora thank you! So far so good, everyone at Royal Ortheopeadic Birmingham has been fabulous. The operation couldn't have gone better, every concern I had has been unnecessary. I'm very achey but it's really no worse than it was before the op. The main problem I've had - for those awaiting their op - is not being firmer with myself about how much rest I'd need after. I've still yet to get more than 3 hours continuous rest, I don't feel like I've slept at all and I'm hoping to have a sleeping tablet tonight to give me a little hand because I'm getting short-tempered with my poor family and very weepy. Any who, enough of the glamour... Despite all this I would jump at the chance to do it again. It was so, so much better than I had been scaring myself about. Hope everyone else is doing well in recovery or in planning for their op day. H x



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@yorkhannah
Good Evening, we are on the same time zone, cane hope you are settling for the night. I'm 7 days post-op and not sleeping through the night,but take frequent naps and rest times through the day.
Also limit my visitors to a maximum of 15 minutes and ask that the come one at a time and find that helps to not tire me out . This works for me and maybe some of these ideas could help you. Although, we each have to find what works best for each of us .
 
Am scared and anxious to become a left knee July 2014 Sparkler. My surgery is July 28th.
 
Hi, @SoBlessed! My surgery is the same day. The only thing that has kept my anxiety down is taking a little Klonopin every day. That is saving my sanity, I think. There are a lot of us going that day. You could start your own thread in the pre-op area, if you haven't already, and talk about what scares you, or anything you want.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom