Recent content by calamity

  1. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Hi Joan, So glad to hear that you're doing so well! Wow! No thought of your knees, that's huge. I'm looking forward to that day. I'm so excited for you as you approach your 1st anniversary :cheers:(my birthday by the way). Thank you for all of your encouragement, for myself and all the...
  2. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

    That's such great news! Continued prayers for healing and that you're back on your feet in no time!!
  3. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

    Hi Linda, I haven't been on for a long time, just got caught up on your recovery. I'm so sorry for all the trouble that you're had and now the infection. I will be keeping you in my prayers that the it will clear up quickly. Glad you didn't wait to go to the ER. Will be watching to see how...
  4. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Calamity on the other side!

    It's been a long time since I've posted here. I just realized just how long it has been! It seemed that it took so much energy, I kept putting it off. I'm now 7 1/2 months out from having BTKR done. I'm doing very well and am amazed that I can stand and walk without all the pain that I had...
  5. calamity

    Tomorrow my big day is finally here

    Keeping you in my prayers. God bless and keep you!
  6. calamity

    Suggestions for Ice Machine for BTKR?

    I agree, I stopped using my ice machine at about 14 weeks. I still use the ice packs the hospital sent home with me once or twice a day. Every household should have a minimum of a couple ice packs.
  7. calamity

    Suggestions for Ice Machine for BTKR?

    I used the Polar Ice Cube machine for my BTKR. I purchased the machine from another BoneSmartie. She had the Y Adaptor for two wraps. I was able to ice both knees at one time using one machine, I wouldn't have wanted to have to keep switching back and forth between knees. I had read on this...
  8. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Hi Joan, I haven't been on here for a long time. I'm so glad you're doing so well. I'm looking forward to my 6 month anniversary. I'm at 3 1/2 months now. It's going much better, pain is managed now. I'm getting around well. Just looking forward now. Wish you a very...
  9. calamity

    Nervousness setting in..TLK Dec.18 2013 after TRK 9/3/13

    I totally agree! I had BTKR on August 27th. I'm about 3 1/2 months now. This was the most intense and difficult experience I've ever had. I read everything I could on this site before my surgery. I was as prepared that I could possibly be. I knew it would be hard, painful and would take time...
  10. calamity

    TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

    This past weekend was a series of meltdowns for me....It actually it is healing to have them once in awhile. I told my sister I was having a pity party for myself and invited her to come along! Thankfully she has a good ear. That helps too. Of course the meltdown with my husband didn't go...
  11. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Calamity on the other side!

    Thanks Linda, I hope this dosage of pain meds work for you and can get you to your surgery date more comfortable.
  12. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Calamity on the other side!

    Well today is my knees 6 weeks birthday. They've come a long way......and still a long way to go. They say another 6 weeks to like my new knees and be glad I had the BTKR done. I will definitely be glad when I get there. I've done well as far as my ROM, last week it was at 126, my extension...
  13. calamity

    TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

    Glad to hear your pain is being managed alot better. Hope everything else is going better.
  14. calamity

    TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

    Donna, My continued thoughts are with you as you deal with so much. Prayers for God's strength to get you and your family through this very difficult time. WOW! 5 hours of PT!!!! I can't imagine. I hope there is a lot of time allotted for rest duri ng that time. I can't imagine! The...
  15. calamity

    Bilateral TKR Calamity on the other side!

    The last few days have gone well. I didn't have PT on Friday.:SUNsmile: I did do some legs lifts and arch lifts on Friday and then did some knee bends :groan:and heal raises on Saturday to try to maintain. Been working on the extension stretches.....ouch, that really gets my knees ralled up...
Back
Top Bottom