Recent content by Brunhilda

  1. Brunhilda

    THR Chronic Pain in Legs 16 Months after Hip Surgery

    Thank you all for your advice. I did take about two months off from walking on the treadmill. And I only walk for 20 minutes a day and not at an incline and not fast. Layla - thank you - I have been taking Magnesium for some time now - my doctor recommended it. Jamie - thanks for advice...
  2. Brunhilda

    THR Chronic Pain in Legs 16 Months after Hip Surgery

    Hi - I had total hip replacement surgery 16 months ago (left hip). In the beginning, I exercised a lot but, in the last few months, I have only walked on the treadmill daily. Nevertheless, most nights, I have creepy, crawling pain in both legs (especially at night). The symptoms are like...
  3. Brunhilda

    THR Recovery stage 2

    April - I feel you. I suffered from soreness in both legs until recently (my surgery was late June, 2017). My soreness has gotten MUCH better and I expect it to get even better at the six month mark. Hope this helps.
  4. Brunhilda

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Hi - I went on my trip and walked a lot with my cane. Amazingly, I suffer little pain after almost five months now. I went to a casino and walked and walked but, afterwards, I suffer little pain. Yay!
  5. Brunhilda

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Yes! The Patridge Family, the Monkees, Punky Brewster.
  6. Brunhilda

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    MammaT - you will NOT suffer pain for two years. I am over four months out and already my pain is lessening. You will overcome!
  7. Brunhilda

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Thank you beautiful Layla. Yes, I remember them all, too - such sweet memories!
  8. Brunhilda

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    MammaT - I still get stiffness, too. We can look forward to small improvements along the way. Great, good luck to you, sweetie!
  9. Brunhilda

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Layla - I am O'D'ing on nostalgia! Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, Davy Jones, Donny Osmond, the Beatles, Mick Jagger (dangerous!), afternoons after school spent watching Dark Shadows (never was into Barnabas), American Bandstand - such fun! I am almost five months out (operation in last of...
  10. Brunhilda

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Hi Layla and hi GrannyC - so glad things are great for you. I underwent total hip replacement surgery in late June. Since then, I have had some pain - according to some knowledgeable people, due to excessive exercise; nevertheless, I have decreased my exercise and, therefore, my pain. It has...
  11. Brunhilda

    THR Chronic Pain in Legs 16 Months after Hip Surgery

    Hi - I still have tissue pain. My hip replacement surgery was four months ago. I now do minimal exercises - walking, step-ups on steps, sit-ups, and marching in place. I have cut down lots on exercises, yet I still have tissue pain. Can anyone relate? Thanks.
  12. Brunhilda

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hi beautiful Layla - sorry you are dealing with a bit of swelling and tightness in the knee. Glad that it is not slowing you down! I think that we had surgery close together (mine was on 6/28/17). I still have soreness at night (according to those here, because of my exercising - even though...
  13. Brunhilda

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Hi-I had total hip replacement surgery on 6/28/17. The great news is that I am walking with a cane (no walker) and can take myself anywhere and drive. Also, I am planning a trip next month as well as the feeling that I will be able to cook at Thanksgiving. Things do tend to look up quickly...
  14. Brunhilda

    THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

    cpollock - so glad that you posted here. I had surgery on 6/28/17. I have done the exercises that my hospital's physical therapists gave me, but according to those here, I shouldn't have. I do have some chronic soreness (especially at night), but I will not give up the exercising. I asked my...
  15. Brunhilda

    THR Chronic Pain in Legs 16 Months after Hip Surgery

    My question: I am three months out from hip replacement surgery. I still feel pain in my legs at night. How does one address these pains? I would love an answer as I am in pain at night. Thank you. Denise
Back
Top Bottom