THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

HI @Layla I have travelled to Montana for Black Fridays a few times. It's an awesome time to reach deep inside and be thankful for all we have. This year is especially awesome with my surgery behind me.. I have been progressing , just slowly but progressing.

I will be interested in hearing from @Josephine. I know she's been under the weather too from reading Mag's post.

The snow is gone now, it's going to be 17 tomorrow which is about 65 f. Our roads are being prepped for paving so no walking around the neighborhood. I am trying to walk more so take advantage at work when I can. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
HI @MyAussieGirl I tend to feel guilty by not offering to take Noah more, he loves it at our house. Just a night though will be best rather than a whole weekend for the time being. Gary is still not doing good but has had some improvement though not near enough. I hope what I'm feeling in my hip is normal. I'm glad you think so too. I wish you well. Good night. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @zauberflöte you may be right on the swelling. And I'm not as active as I'd like to be and sit more than I like at work. Hazards of the job as I do my work on the computer plus it's a 10 hour day 4 days a week. I do get up and walk every half hour. I may request a new chair though I'm not sure if that will help. My hip seems to get warm to the touch at times too. Do you sleep with a pillow between your knees still?

And yes I couldn't get off my street the day after the winter storm and had to have my boss come get me in his truck. My car wouldn't have made it through. It was cleared later that day. Our streets are a mess still and hope they are paved before winter really sets in too.

I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Please don't feel guilty you're still recovering from surgery your husband is ill AND you work a child is too much for so long honey!

I hope it's normal too I think it is but we shall see.

Um, of course I think about you often you're one of my favorite people on here
 
Last edited:
I'm coping the stiffness in my hip and still limping around. The cane I still use about 50% of the time. I feel I should be getting around better than I am and it can be discouraging at times. I had some tightness in my other hip but I think it's from going without the cane and compensating
Tightness and stiffness are forms of pain so if this is troubling you, try taking Tylenol, 1,000mg 3-4 times a day.
Does anyone feel occasionally like you can feel the implant inside; almost like something is shoved in there? I don't know how best to describe it and it's not there all the time; mostly when I'm stiff. Could it be scar tissue or possibly some tightening inside?
Well you can't feel your implant, not even one little bit. Any more than you can feel the fillings in your teeth. They're welded to the bone so you cannot be aware of them. The answer I gave above also applies to this.
 
@cpollock The universe is back in balance, the Oilers finally have a team again. I remember the days when they rolled lines centered by 99, Messier, Anderson & McTavish.
That being said, Go Stars!
 
I a am very happy the Oilers are doing well. That McDavid guy can hockey & Draisaitl can play as well. I hope EDM can afford that talent for a few more years unlike what happened at the end of the198o's. So tell all your friends to buy tickets, eh?

Teams like to play up there, it is the best ice in the league, due to the proximity to the N Pole no doubt.

When I lived in Anchorage I was as skier, but I was tight with the hockey crowd because I had a fight with a hockey player in high school. Skiers weren't supposed to hit back lol. It was epic.

In the 80's, everybody I knew in Anchorage was an Oilers fan. Then Pocklington imploded the team. I became a devoted Stars fan in the mid 90's, they moved to TX about 2 years after moved back there. I'm watching them play the Avs on tv right now.

We go to a game every year. I'd like to go more but it is almost 200mi to the arena from my house...
Stay warm:snow dig:
 
My son and husband are big Oilers fans as well. My daughter in law is calgary flames, hehe. I got the eh comment, Canadian lingo, hehe. I hope you're doing well and on the mend more and more.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
@cpollock sorry to here about you're stiffness I also get it if I've been sitting in a chair for any length of time. If I'm laying down or reclining there is there is almost none opon standing. I do still use a pillow between legs at night.
 
Just stopping by to see how you are doing these days @cpollock . I had some stiffness when getting out of a chair but it is gradually diminishing. My OS said it was part of healing . I agree with you that it isn't a good idea to take Noah for such a long time. I think just one night would work just fine for both of you and I'm sure his parents would go along with that. You just have too much going on in your life right now to have him for longer. With work and your husband not well, you need a day or two free from outside stresses each week to recharge.

I don't envy you the early snowfall. Our leaves are just turning and starting to fall. We rarely get snow this early although it is not unheard of. Winter is long enough as it is without early snows. We have been blessed with some beautiful milder days this fall formwhich I am grateful. Snow is beautiful but it lasts far too long.

It sounds like you keep gradually improving and that is all any of us can expect. Hang in there!
 
Thank you @Gone again I'm glad to hear about your progress. I've decided to take it a day at a time and accept any progress along the way. I'm quite happy with how far I've come and relieved that I'm on the mend just the way I'm supposed to - for me. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
That's the key word for our surgery isn't it @GrannyC ? Gradually..... it's wonderful to have that OA pain gone.
I had a do nothing kind of day yesterday. Today I'm going to see my mom and dad for a visit, maybe an hour this afternoon. I need to pick know up a few things at the grocery store too. I've had my shower and just relaxing with my coffee and my cats. Gary is still sleeping, yesterday it was 3 before he got up, he's had some bad nights. He's in the spare room so I don't hear him in the night unless he calls for me. I have a feeling the new drug isn't going to work for him and it will need changed at his next appointment in Calgary in December.
I'm stiff and limping but no pain. It's manageable though and I'm not complaining.
Have a great day everyone, I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Wishing you a good day, Cheryl..as you're out and about and visiting your parents.
So sad that your husband is still struggling. It has to be difficult for both of you.
Best wishes for a peaceful week!
@cpollock
 
cpollock - so glad that you posted here. I had surgery on 6/28/17. I have done the exercises that my hospital's physical therapists gave me, but according to those here, I shouldn't have. I do have some chronic soreness (especially at night), but I will not give up the exercising. I asked my doctor about it, and he said that it was fine to continue to exercise. (I am not over-doing it.)

As far as an above question: YES, after almost four months, I DO feel the artificial hip. So much so that I cannot sleep on the operated side. It isn't painful, but I DO FEEL THE ARTIFICIAL HIP!!! (Although it isn't horrible and it's sort of a "yep, it's there" feeling.) Hopefully, this will change soon. Do not let some people here invalidate your feelings. But, like I have said, I'm sure this feeling will pass shortly.

So glad you are doing well. Listen to your doctor and physical therapist and take anything that you read here with a grain of salt as no one here is an absolute expert on absolutely everything. It's the internet after all!

Please keep me posted and tell me about your soreness as we both had surgery close to the same date. I would love to talk with someone with a similar experience. Thank you.

Denise
 
Do not let some people here invalidate your feelings
Don't think anyone was trying to invalidate your feelings...just trying to reassure you that it might seem like that's what it is, but perhaps isn't.
I DO know that as far as hips go, I've seen more harm than good come from excessive PT. We all have different journeys but we all have different bodies that have adjusted improperly from bad hips so it can take time to get all that worked out. A few of us, not myself, DO qualify as experts..especially those who have spent their entire careers in orthopedic surgery.
Your recovery has been a tedious journey, @cpollock, but I think you have handled it all with patience and strength. Hang in there.
 
I do not feel my that my feelings were invalidated @Mojo333 at all. I appreciate the support on this forum from all of you and value our resident expert @Josephine very much.
I've had good sleeps the last couple days and have kind of taken it easy so I'm recharging @MyAussieGirl I wish you well.
Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom