Recent content by BizzyLizzy

  1. BizzyLizzy

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    Hi @Constanze - sorry for the late reply, I don't come here as much as I used to! Interesting that you feel stronger at 2 years out from the op. I went swimming for the first time a few days ago and was very surprised that I found it quite hard and even a little painful. Part of the problem is...
  2. BizzyLizzy

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    Hi @Delphi So pleased I was of help to you and thank you for your good wishes. I'm so glad you have the "getting your life back" feeling. I still have that - I think my family are getting heartily sick of me saying "remember what it was like when I couldn't do this!" I don't think I'll ever...
  3. BizzyLizzy

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    Just thought it might be time to post my one-year update. It's hard to believe it's just over a year since I had my THR. I can only echo what so many people have said before - this surgery really is life- changing. I think I'm fitter now than I've been for years. When you have been as a...
  4. BizzyLizzy

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    So great to see this wonderful post! As has been said before (often by me!), Jane has been a real inspiration on this journey though hip replacement. I took her excellent advice through my pre-op period and went into the procedure in a much calmer state of mind than I though possible. I have had...
  5. BizzyLizzy

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    @Miss Muffet Hi Jane Haven't posted in a while actually, but lovely to know you're thinking about me. Things are fine - hip giving me no trouble at all. I haven't forgotten how things used to be and keep thinking about this time last year when I was in such pain and the operation was still in...
  6. BizzyLizzy

    JMacca's hip safari

    @JMACCA - I haven't been on here for a while. Life has been so busy since I started back at work. When I read your post I just remembered how scared I was that my operation wouldn't work and I would end up no better at the end of it all. I wanted to try and reassure you, if at all possible. My...
  7. BizzyLizzy

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    Just popping by to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I'm sure all will go well. So pleased that soon you will have both of those bad hips behind you (so to speak!). There will be no stopping you in a few weeks time. :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::loveshwr:
  8. BizzyLizzy

    JMacca's hip safari

    @JMACCA and @Miss Muffet - I'm so sorry to hear you have both had some bad days. You were both very supportive of me and I have felt very neglectful. Getting back to work has been an all consuming task and I haven't had much energy for anything else. I'm still so happy to be able to get around...
  9. BizzyLizzy

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    @Miss Muffet - so sorry to get your date wrong! I had it in my mind that you were down for 22nd- maybe because I had my op on 22nd June. Anyway hope you are feeling better. I will pop back to wish you luck again before your actual date! Thank you for remembering my low point with the stairs...
  10. BizzyLizzy

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    @Miss Muffet - I haven't been on here for a little while - starting back at work and the start of the new term has meant I have been fully occupied! Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. Really looking forward to your update. I'm so glad that your (second) day has finally come around and...
  11. BizzyLizzy

    Is it weird...?

    I imagined mine like the sort of bone the dog had chewed for a while - all gnarly with bits missing! :snork:
  12. BizzyLizzy

    THR Looking for input from those who are 1 yr+ post op

    @DizzyBlond - haven't been on here for a while - getting back into the work routine. Really hope you have a successful trip. I'm sure you will and that you'll be even further along your wonderful recovery path when you return. I will be thinking about you xxx
  13. BizzyLizzy

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    @Constanze and @Tweetybrd - thank you for the good wishes for my dog. She is actually a bit better today and the vet said he is pretty sure it is an infection, and it is improving, so no need for any more tests yet. He wants to see her again on Saturday. We had been giving her scrambled egg...
  14. BizzyLizzy

    Counting the days & sometimes holding my breath!:-?

    @SEA - just wanting to wish you luck as well. I'm so glad for you that your day is nearly here. You will soon have all,this behind you:SUNsmile:
  15. BizzyLizzy

    JMacca's hip safari

    @JMACCA - I remember those days of thinking it maybe wasn't so bad, and maybe I could hang on - I was so scared of the surgery, this seemed like a possibility. I went to work for my first full post-op day today and it really made me realise how much I had put up with before. Today I could walk...
Back
Top Bottom