Counting the days & sometimes holding my breath!:-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @SEA! I saw your post in our September Sapphires thread. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are fast asleep preparing for your big day. I'll be right behind you on Wednesday. You have my prayers for a smooth hospital stay and transition back home. Let us know how you are when you're up to it.
 
Yeah.:yahoo:your day is in a few hours. Finally true road to knowing the relief of have your hip fixed. I'll keep you in my prayers and my thought s for a uneventful speedy recovery. Take care and god bless.:angel:
 
Hi @SEA - not long now and then your life will be turned around. Have you thought to set up your postOp thread now? Then it's ready for the day. The was recommended to me and doesn't matter if it's on the preceding day really. We're so busy getting better immediately afterwards that these Techy things are just something we don't need to think about! Excited for you. Keep us posted when you're ready
 
@SEA Good luck today on your surgery! I'm thinking positive thoughts! Let us know how you are doing when you can. :)
 
@SEA - just wanting to wish you luck as well. I'm so glad for you that your day is nearly here. You will soon have all,this behind you:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @SEA! I saw your post in our September Sapphires thread. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are fast asleep preparing for your big day. I'll be right behind you on Wednesday. You have my prayers for a smooth hospital stay and transition back home. Let us know how you are when you're up to it.
 

Hi 2badhips! Thank you for lovely message and all my blessing for you admission for you to get back to a good quality of life with a brand new hip! I am on day one of my recovery. Yesterday was a bit of s haze. I had a general, was nervous but it was quite nice as staff were lovely. I woke up and was ok with the painkillers but was sick twice. Felt much better afterwards. Had a good night sleeping on my back and dozing in and out of two sleeps. They gave me a drip as my blood pressure was low at first. Today I am on crutches!! Managed to get out of bed into the bathroom for toilet and a lovely wash! Slight pain with the cut but bearable.
 
Thank you so much! First day and on crutches! Not doing too much though. Operation went well and not as scary as I expected. Can't believe I have a new hip in there! Pain is bearable when it's there and taking each day as it comes. I was worried about not waking up would you believe, but I did! Glad it's over until I may possible have the other hip done in a couple of years;-)
 
:yes!:Thank you! Had the RTHR yesterday so first day. Managed on crutches to go to the bathroom so all good. Taking the painkillers especially at night. So glad it's over. :dancy:
 
Hi sea:hi: I'm so glad your OK and have been up on crutches and you have such a positive attitude its very encouraging. I'm so happy your on your way to healing your shiny new hip. It gives me hope. My appointment is next week can't wait for the OK for surgery. Take care and have a blessed day.:flwrysmile::angel:
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: SEA
Hi sea:hi: I'm so glad your OK and have been up on crutches and you have such a positive attitude its very encouraging. I'm so happy your on your way to healing your shiny new hip. It gives me hope. My appointment is next week can't wait for the OK for surgery. Take care and have a blessed day.:flwrysmile::angel:
Thank you! I was so nervous the day before and there was no need. Straight away I felt it was the right thing to have as soon as I was in recovery. You will get the go ahead and you will be on your way to getting back to a normal life. When I think of how I used to look with my limp, how people on the street would look then turn away wondering what was wrong with me. One man asked if I had 'gout'? Anyway, Good luck and let us know how you get on. The hardest part is getting to know my way around this forum, I may be replying all wrong and think I should be on the recovery thread? X
 
@SEA - hey aren't you doing well! The sense of relief that it's all over is quite overwhelming isn't it. All you need to do now is concentrate on following the all important Bonesmart mantras and take it steady. As far as using the forum is concerned you don't actually need to quote someone's comment each time. If you simply out an @ in front of their name they will pick up your remarks/responses if they're following you. It took me a while to get my head around it but everything makes sense so all's well! As you say, the prospect of being 'normal' again is something to relish. Well done so far - it all sounds good, but keep us posted on your progress.
 
:loveshwr:@Miss Muffet thank you! Just couldn't get my head around that. Thanks for explaining. Low blood pressure today, so on iron tablets but all is well going home tomorrow!
 
@SEA - I believe lowish blood pressure is a bit of a feature postOp, but they're managing it for you which is good. Going home will be great, make sure whoever picks you up brings a plastic carrier or bin bag to place on the car seat. After you've reversed on to the seat it makes the gentle turn smoother. You'll probably feel like a good nap when you arrive home. I did, immediately after I had sorted out my drug system. It may be that your hubby/partner/carer will manage that for you, but I had bought a set of compartmentised plastic boxes (one for each day of the week) so I could dole out a week's worth without having to mess around unscrewing bottles or packs every time. Then carry on icing as much as possible. So glad you're feeling good!
 
@Just Jane - the plastic bag did the trick and it just by chance I looked at your reply on my iPad at the last minute. The bag makes it so much easier and I had it stepped out like a dance routine how I would get into the car home! Phew. I will attempt to start a recovery thread tomorrow. Think I went up my stairs too many times today on my crutches as only main bathroom there. Shattered now and ready to take my painkillers before I go asleep and have some stronger ones on hand by my bed should (probably will) I wake in the night. Had a ice pack on as my leg has swelled a lot.
 
Ah I just picked up your post. I'm actually @Miss Muffet on here (my name is Jane). Am thrilled you found the old plastic bag routine in time and home safe and sound. Don't push the stair trips if you can avoid it. I stayed in my bedroom for a couple of days and hope you can too. :chillpill: Assume you have help to ease you into a routine? Some swelling will be normal and bruising but will be aggravated I'm sure if you overdo it,
And yes ice ice ice. :ice::ice::ice:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom