Recent content by bettifloss

  1. B

    Hi everyone.. I'm scared..

    Good luck Pony, thinking of you! Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  2. B

    THR THR was 2/1 - Scared, left alone, and in pain

    So sorry that you are having such a rough time. Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  3. B

    THR Bettifloss is now an old hippy

    Just realised this weekend - been busy all day Saturday and Sunday - trip to local snowdrop walks, art class, coffee with pals, visiting auntie, etc etc - and lots of walking just to get to places - and not tired like I would have been even a week ago. So the energy drain thing does eventually...
  4. B

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Thats really interesting to know. Unfortunately no chance of me getting said email - so I will have to stick it out until the 17th feb - good luck Monday if you decide to go for it! Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  5. B

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Morning @Widge422 - before you leap in the car, just a thought re insurance - did anybody at the hospital actually tell you not to drive until after your post-op consultant appointment, or was it left to your own discretion? Just asking because they made a point of telling me at hozzie that...
  6. B

    Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

    Sorry Miss M - i got mine from a local mobility shop, not Amazon, and I've thrown the wrapper away! Its quite deep though, about four or five inches at the back. Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  7. B

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Glad pain was nothing drastic, sounds like all is going great, keep up the good work... Hopefully we only have a couple of weeks of restrictions to go so it would be a shame to spoil it now! Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  8. B

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    Hiya CatLady, sounds like you are doing just great. Lovely when life starts getting back to normal - and especially when its without that horrible nagging pain! We had our ops at the same time - like you, I am looking forward to 'proper' physio - my hospital package includes one session a week...
  9. B

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hi @Widge422, glad you have been able to get some sleep. Re the stockings, all I can tell you is that i just had 4 weeks of Clexane as my surgeon doesn't believe the stockings add anything. On the other hand, we each have our own risk factors, and in theory the medics should know best for each...
  10. B

    Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

    @Miss Muffet, sorry to hear that you need two new hips, but as you say, might as well bite the bullet. Plenty on here to show you the way. Hope you get a date soon Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  11. B

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hope all is going well and that you have a good first night Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  12. B

    THR Bettifloss is now an old hippy

    @Shazzstars , I wish my lab/collie cross was that well behaved, she thinks crutches are big silver sticks that I might throw for her! First hydrotherapy session this afternoon, absolutely brilliant! Just so nice to feel free in warm water. Lots of walking in pool, lunges, squats, balancing on...
  13. B

    THR Yeahhh I'm Finally Here On The Other Side

    Ps just found mobile number for phil the OT of the carevteam, useful to have as he is out and about a lot 07809437737 Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  14. B

    THR Yeahhh I'm Finally Here On The Other Side

    @catwoman55 It is the care team in Urmston 01617467566. www.thecareteam.co.uk. They hired us one for my Mum for a few weeks, and also sold us one later for my auntie when she moved to a care home; they were very good to work with. Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016
  15. B

    THR Yeahhh I'm Finally Here On The Other Side

    Dont know where you are - I can give you a number in Manchester - but the way we got that number when we needed to hire a chair for my Mum was by asking in the local mobility aids shop - they didn't hire chairs themselves but knew someone who did. Wonder if the OT team who delivered your uncomfy...
Back
Top Bottom