Recent content by AnnYo

  1. A

    TKR 16 Months Post-Op - Doing Well and Still Improving

    @SteveMinSD, loved reading your summary! That was fantastic and isn't great that things can keep getting better well after the surgery!
  2. A

    TKR One year on! Where should l be?

    Hi @Darvi ! Yes I think you and I feel similarly--my replaced knee is very functional and my doctor says everything looks fine but I would not say it's at all perfect in terms of how I feel week to week. There are times when I have pain when I go to sit or stand, not in the knee itself but sort...
  3. A

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @Dmcfad2 That is a wonderful report and those of use who are in your time frame surgery-wise are very happy to read it! Thanks for sharing that.
  4. A

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Hi @Dmcfad2 --thanks for sharing your update. My surgery was a month after yours and I have some of the same issues you do. I think I'm on my way back to some PT. I still have some pain and stiffness and for me it's always hard to decide how and what kinds of exercise are too much and what...
  5. A

    TKR New knee struggles

    Hi @Henrysmom1005 --I will leave it to the experts to give you advice here--I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of the serious health challenges you're dealing with. It makes everything about recovering from the knee replacement feel more worrisome and urgent, I'm sure. Your optimism and...
  6. A

    TKR New knee struggles

    Hi @Henrysmom1005 --you've gotten a lot of great advice from others but I just wanted to sneak in here and say that I just read your thread and I too have a husband who, when he had a TKR the year before mine, just had the surgery, never complained (what's THAT all about?! :heehee: ) and has...
  7. A

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    My scar is very sensitive even at 11 months and I also have a tendency toward keloids/hypertrophic scars, so I wear a silicone tape strip over the scar most of the time, to encourage a flatter scar. It has the added side benefit of kind of protecting that really sensitive area. I just ordered...
  8. A

    TKR 7 month angst

    @Darvi --Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. I also have a bad "unoperated" knee and share many of your concerns that you've expressed. I hope all goes smoothly and I look forward to reading more posts from you.
  9. A

    TKR One year on! Where should l be?

    Hi @Orbit --I am right there with you! I feel much of what you describe and even feel that I have regressed a little from what I was feeling a couple of months ago. The pants comment made me laugh ruefully, as I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! And when you say you expected to be far...
  10. A

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    @WillB I will be very interested in what your OS has to say--I too have an October appointment and have many similar complaints. Not terrible but also not great. Stiffness and pain upon getting up from a seated position are still bothering me. I feel like there has been a little backsliding...
  11. A

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Hi @Itsabear --I had my LTKR very close to your date and was reading your thread and wondering how you are doing? Like you, I don't feel "finished" with this whole process and am hoping for more improvement.
  12. A

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Jcx this is so tough. I know you have to explore every possibility before making such a big decision but it's so hard to be the one to evaluate things when you get conflicting professional opinions. You seem like you have a very calm and reasoned way of doing things, but I feel for you...
  13. A

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    Hi @Loulou67--totally agree that for me, it's the scar that hurts! My scar is really sensitive. Have been using silicone tape to keep it from getting bumpier, as my scars tend to do, but it's still a very sensitive area. I guess I should start practicing kneeling too, as that would definitely...
  14. A

    TKR BoneSmart Works!

    @mendogal , your updates are so great--both for practical ideas and also to hear your honest assessment, which always includes progress and also acknowledgement of nagging issues which are normal and to be expected! Please keep sharing these! Yesterday I finally played some tennis with my...
  15. A

    TKR 7 month angst

    Hi @Darvi--I had my TKR the month before yours and I still have many of the same feelings you're describing and have had moments of worry along the way, as you are having now. The people on this site are tremendously helpful and very reassuring at times like these! I think @benne68 's comment...
Back
Top Bottom