TKR What did I get myself into?

but even after a year I have a little stiffness along with the tight band feeling just above the knee. And my kneecap? Feels really weird and I can not kneel on it. But I really think, little by little, my knee will continue to get stronger!
I had a lot of increased improvement in my second year.

Hi Will - I had my total knee replacement on June 5, 2023. Coming up on the 1 year mark. I am functional but not where I want to be. When I overdo I too have a weird feeling under my kneecap - my surgeon told me that is inflammation that I am feeling. I too can not kneel and when I try it feels wrong. Hopefully I will continue to recover. Hope you are doing good and thank you. Keep at it and you will get better.

I am having an early one year ortho appt on my R knee in a couple of days... still have soft tissue problems with lateral quads issues including pain with sitting despite great ROM and walking capacity.
It seems we are a cohort of folks who overall are doing well but still have very real concerns.

Here I am 15 months after a LTKR and the only thing that continues to give me issues is this tightness across my lower quad. I understand it has to do with the quad tendon. I surely hope its not permanent.

My right knee, which has mild osteoarthritis, has a bilateral meniscus tear and a strained MCL…was going to get the series of 3 gel injections but in all honestly the knee isn’t feeling too bad. Probably going to cancel the appts. A patial or, God forbid a total, may be down the road…hang in there everyone!!

@WillB Hi, Will, just wanted to let you know I copied your post above to put it in your recovery thread.

Here I am 15 months after a LTKR and the only thing that continues to give me issues is this tightness across my lower quad.
I had a lot of improvement all through my second year, and even some more in my third. I hope you will see the same.

A partial or, God forbid a total, may be down the road…
This statement makes me think that you think a partial is a much easier surgery and recovery. It’s really pretty much the same as a total, for most of us. I just didn’t want you to have the same unrealistic expectations that I did!

I agree with Jockette. We have found the recovery for the Partial and Total are almost the exact thing, both taking at least a year. Many of those who have had a partial with have to have it revised to a total within a few years.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom