Guest viewing is limited

TKR 16 Months Post-Op - Doing Well and Still Improving

@SteveMinSD … thank you so much for returning with your beautiful story of a happy knee. We love hearing from our BoneSmarties once they have gotten back to “real life.” And your words will be a great comfort to those of our newer members who worry what life will be like after a joint is replaced.
 
Happy Two Year Anniversary, Steve!
Thanks for stopping by. You're doing very well and your update is a great example of progress made into the second and third years post op. May you meet your goal of 95% by the end of Summer.
I hope Summer 2025 is one of your best! :SUNsmile:
@SteveMinSD
 
@SteveMinSD, loved reading your summary! That was fantastic and isn't great that things can keep getting better well after the surgery!
 
Getting back to real life is what it's all about! I'm so glad to read how well you are doing.
 
3-Year Update - Still Improving...

It was fun to look back at last year's post. Amazing that it has been three years. I would say that I have indeed hit 95% recovery, and now for the most part am limited by fitness and skill rather than my knee.

I am now occasionally able to blow by speedy 9th graders on fly routes, and still working on my speed, but I would say everything else is at 100%. I actually rolled my left ankle on a hard cut and went down hard. My knee tweaked a bit, but was fine after a few minutes. I don't feel fragile any more, and rarely think about my knee when playing. Same with snowboarding. I make decisions based on my shoulder, not my knee.

Daily non-sports activities are 100%. No pain and rare stiffness with unlimited walking. After a long hike I realize that I did have a bit of stiffness, but it was my right (good) knee! Amazing!

Anyhow, I thought I would provide another hopeful post for all of you out there recovering or considering surgery. Best wishes to you all!

Steve
 
Wonderful update, Steve! Sounds like you're back to living life to the fullest.
Thanks for stopping by to share the good news. Have a lovely Spring / summer 2026! :SUNsmile:
@SteveMinSD
 
Good to see you again, Steve, and that you are enjoying your new knee! You are enjoying your life, and that's what this surgery is all about! What an encouragement you are for those just starting out on the recovery journey.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom