Guest viewing is limited

MUA zumbaGirl's knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zumba Girl you have been thru so much so WELL DONE on getting where you are now. TKR is an ordeal without the MUA so now all you to look forward to is Rest, Recovery and Relief all the bad things are done now. I hope the next couple of weeks are good for you and you find a huge difference in your ROM. Take care of yourself. Sending you hugs from the UK
 
zumbaGirl

:shocked: Sorry to hear about your MUA experience! The great thing is you have done it, survived, and are on the road to recovery! I have appreciated you sharing your experience with us!
 
zumbaGirl, I am going to change your prefix on your thread from TKR to MUA---that will be helpful to others who may have to undergo one themselves and they'll know who to come to to ask questions. What a wild experience you had----but you've made it through---and restart your recovery from the date of your MUA. Having to have this has set recovery back a bit----but you'll get to the end of recovery road along with the rest of us in your own good time.
 
Hi everyone.. Ok so it has been awhile since I have posted. Between having to change phones.. AGAIN and not being on the laptop, things have been crazy. I logged back in and couldn't figure out what was going on as my thread title changed, but then read the post. I just wanted to get on quick via laptop and share how things are going. I am currently sitting at -3 and 115. I am having a lot of IT band, and hamstring issues, along with a lot of tingling in that leg. PT has been working on it daily. I am in PT 5 days a week. This is my second week PO from my MUA and everyone including my surgeon seems to be happy with where I am at. It has been a struggle and nightmare for sure. I get kinda bummed when people come in all happy go lucky and find out they are only three weeks out from surgery and while I lay on the table in agony they think I am new and Im two months out.. I must say the pain has gotten better and I haven't cried on the bike since the end of last week, but I truly believe that that was the push I needed. It hurts, but its getting things moving. I still take it easy at home, Ice, elevate etc. I am also a little bummed as I was supposed to take my daughter to an amusement park called Darien Lake next month. My 40th birthday is the third week of August and I was going to take her and her friend camping. My surgeon said no rides yet and that I am still to early in recovery.. Idk what I am doing yet as this will break her heart so I may just go and camp, let the kids run the park, and I can sit in the waterpark portion and enjoy the sun and the pool. I haven't decided yet. I will write more later on this.. I will be glad when I can get back to working out.. aka Zumba, actually see a "knee" and be able to ride the rides at the amusement park lol.. I can't wait to catch up with you all
 
[Bonesmart.org] zumbaGirl's knee
and, zumbaGirl, this is exactly what you are going to do. Start your recovery countdown from the day of your MUA---because in truth that IS where it starts now. Forget about what went before---it's over and done with and can't be changed. No "if only I'd"s because none of that means anything either.

You have a new start which is going to lead you to a successful end. Think positive and follow the mantra and YOU WILL GET THERE!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!

Take care, sweetie, and keep us posted. We really, really do care.
[Bonesmart.org] zumbaGirl's knee
 
Thank you :) It's been a while since I've had a chance to get online.. got a new phone and spent a week and a half watching my parents place for them. Had a wisdom tooth pulled on Monday. The one I've been complaining about since a month prior to surgery. Nobody wanted to listen to me and it was infected. It's still sore but dealing with it.

I am still going at PT and my bend is about 120. It fluctuates between 115-124 and goal is 130 for what I want to do. Yesterday we did some dynamic workouts to gain some flexibility. Felt pretty good doing it and a tad sore today but no more than I have been. Im very cautious about what I do and how much and stop myself when I know I have gone to far. It's still tender in spots, especially on the inside. If it wasn't hung up there it wouldn't be so bad. Still swollen and when I bend you can hear it popping and crunching which they say is the fluid built up. Few more weeks and it will be three months. I just want it to feel better but know it will take time..
 
Hi Zumba,

I have been following your post but had not commented until now. I certainly can understand why you feel frustrated. It's so hard to see others who are making great progress and you are going much more slowly. Especially given your age. You probably thought that age would be a plus going into TKR. I did too. I thought I would get back to feeling better quickly. I could not have been more wrong.

Keep in mind that your unique physiology is driving your recovery. It's human nature to compare your progress to others, but very important not to in this situation. It will only depress you.

I have been at this now for almost two years. I am much better than before and feel like I have made the right decisions. There were times however that I wanted to give up. Just know that you will keep improving, as you are seeing now, and that it simply takes time. Getting in a warm pool should be very helpful. I did that after revision surgery and think it helped a lot.

So keep the faith and try to remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. Eyes on the prize and a steady pace will keep you sane! In the words of the late great John Wooden, "hurry but don't rush".

On another note, Darien Lake is a big amusement park, lots of walking. Make sure you don't overdo it, and have fun at the pool while the kids have fun on the rides.

Be well,

Dawn
 
Hi ZumbaGirl, Sorry to hear about recovery struggles and glad to read that things are looking better. Wow! What a journey. I must admit I skipped a couple of pages because I wanted to get to "the happy ending." Hang in there, it's coming!!! :yay:

I hope you are able to work something out with your daughter. I had to cancel summer this year. lol But not before taking my son on a whirlwind college tour one week before my surgery. Needless to say, I gave my Dr. something to work with, because my knee was shot when I was done. I know how you feel about your special birthday and I hope someone gets creative and surprises you with "alternative bash." I decided that I just wasn't gonna have a birthday this year. lol I had RPKR on 6/18/13 and I will have my left knee done sometime in September. My birthday's in November. Gonna save up for a big celebration when I turn 55! Hopefully both knees will be working fine by then. :dancy: Hey, if nothing else ZumbaGirl you can do like I do every year and just don't do ANYTHING you don't want to do on your birthday. Even if it's something as simple as picking something up off the floor! It's your birthday and you don't have to! Get a Tiara and a Royal Scepter! You are Queen for a Day! :bow: Put that little darling of your to work... start hinting NOW! ^.~

By the way, I was drawn to your post because of your username. I LOVE to dance and when that ability was lost, I was crushed. :cry: Among the many of my eye-opening "lady your knees are giving-out" experiences, I remember being in a Zumba class about a year before my surgery and barely able to slightly been my knee. It was a sight to see with my 5' 10' frame. lol I felt like Sasquatch! lol I laugh now, but it was a sad day day for the Dancing Queen. I can still hear the instructor say, "For those of you who don't want to bend all the way, you can do this move." I was like... lady this is as good as it gets, I WANNA bend, just can't. Boy, I'm waiting for the day the I can go to a Zumba class and COMPLETE IT, I left that day after 20 minutes. :'(

Maybe one day we can exchange Zumba videos, when we're both back on your feet and "workin' it!" :cheers:

Bailar Mommy! ^.~ Hang in there!

Bionic Woman2... We can rebuild her. :bicycle1:
 
Hi ZumbaGirl. I hav just read your thread from start to finish and wanted to say thank you for being so open , honest and informative about your recovery journey. I am on quite a journey myself with a ROM of only 60 at 7 weeks out and yesterday I signed consent for a MUA with potentially arthroscopic excision of scar tissue.

Your post has given me loads of information about the MUA procedure and I am so happy that it seems to have worked for you :SUNsmile:

:thankyou:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom