THR Z's Postop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah ROCKS! Oh my Lord... the CANYONS! The Fresh FRUIT...... you will LOVE it. Especially with a GOOD hip.

Enjoy your life....
 
Wow Z... Can't wait to see photos from this new trip - have fun!
 
Fantastic Z, thanks for sharing the pics. I've been to Arches years ago, beautiful. I love kayaking and the water but I also love rocks, especially reddish ones like Utah and Sedona, simply breathtaking. ...aside from the great scenery, and introducing your new hip to Utah, really nice you and your son are taking the time to share this experience. As all of us hippies know, life is short, gotta do things when we are able. Heck, Newfoundland is not going anywhere. You can check that out another time.

Keep us posted when you can. I love living vicariously through others trips :heehee:
 
Oh, perfect places. My son lived in Utah for a while, and we did some great hiking in Capital Reef, Arches, and Canyonland. Also did Zion and Bryce years before that. Are you sure you aren't MY son? :)

Sharon
 
Hi All,

Back from a lovely time and plenty of miles of hikes out West. Sharon, we can chat...I have hiked all those parks so I guess I may well be your son.. :wink:

Here're too many pictures.. https://z.smugmug.com/Vacation/Utah-and-Rocky-mountain/25121646_HHVQHs#!i=2059612827&k=CQCtJBS but that is where I post my stuff. If you click on a little thumbnail, it will show larger on the right. If you click on a picture on the right, it should show full screen. I hope that works... There are lots of pictures of my wonderful son Zack, since I am the photographer but you get a sense of the terrain. What he did, I did. Very few sections that required hands to navigate but there'd be a few every day.

My son and I hiked every day...Long days were 10, 10 and and 12 miles with a couple days having 2000 foot elevation gains (and what goes up must come down). NO issues with hip other than minor/temporary tightness after transitioning from a long UP period to going DOWN. I'd feel the hip for ~5 minutes and then it'd be fine. Needless to say, I slept well.

I hope all is well with my BS friends...I'll take a look at your posts soon, but this weekend is busy bringing the kids back to college. We move my son in 5 hours away...and my daughter 1.5. Lotsa driving....

I still say that I will live in Utah at some point...amazing place.

Z
 
Hey Z

I just went through all the photos on slide show! What an amazing place, so good for the soul!

Incredibly photogenic scenery, I think if you ever give up IT, you have a fabulous career in photography, calling out to you...

Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

So pleased your hip behaved and allowed you to enjoy every minute.

Another milestone, another success story :)
 
Wow! What a gorgeous place! So nice that you were able to share it with your son. It sounds like you and your son are very close--that's great!

And great that your hip did so well :-)

Dorothy
 
Gorgeous photos! What good memories you and your son will share! I love Utah. Kent and I have traveled there twice and could easily go back.
 
Love tbe photos Z, I agree with Sandy, you could be a professional photographer, they are beautiful. I especially like the animal ones.

I'm pleased you both had such a wonderful trip and thankyou for sharing :)

Ann
 
Ann,

Critter Pictures are one of my great joys in life... I didn't do it this time, but it is not unusual for me to plan a vacation around getting to places where I can commune with wildlife IN the wild. The desert has lizards and snakes but little more in way of "wildlife". I'm leaning toward Banff or Glacier in MT for my next trip.

Thanks for the kind words,

Z
 
Z

Your pictures are beautiful. Sounds like you and your son had a terrific vacation. AND the hip caused no problems. That's grand!

Since you love communing with wildlife in the wild come on up to Alaska (but not in the winter wink:) Beautiful country, lots of critters, great places to hike.

Suki
 
One of the things on my bucket list is to take a cruise up the coast to Alaska where I would love to go deep sea fishing! I grew up in the Boston area but the Arizona desert has been more than kind to my hip. I came out here for a visit and never left.
 
Hey Z, welcome back. Great photos, so glad you shared them. Ahh, love those rocks, absolutely stunning. You are an inspiration about getting back to "normal" activities. Really good to see. ...and totally must have been a special thing to share with your son. Good luck on the back to college trips. Later gator, Cathy
 
Fantastic photos Z. Thanks for sharing. That hip is coping well!
 
Z,
It is so wonderful to see those beautiful photos and it warms my heart to think of you there with your son. Spending time with those we love is such a gift.
Of course we are all thrilled to hear about the long hikes and a happy hip!
Warmest,
Elle
 
Hi Z, just dropped by to check in with you - how have you pulled up after your holiday? Was chatting to someone at work the other day who described where you went in Utah, I smiled and thought I know someone who has been there :)
 
Hey Z -

I just viewed your hiking photos - nothing short of awesome. Liked them so much I forwarded the link to my wife (I'm away at work) and told her we are moving there. :) Even better was reading how well your hip performed - you are a machine, Man, and inspiration to so many of us here. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom