THR Z's Postop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane...if anyone can do it it is you.

And I had to read it twice...you like is ATTITUDE...not his ALTITUDE.

I think there are plenty of GORGEOUS places without the elevation and the associated discomfort. It hasn't hit me but I saw how it impacted my son one day in Banff and it made for not a great day.

It's funny how we all tackle things differently...I have no "goals" or expectations...I just keep plugging along as best I can. I may've learned that when I set specific targets for myself I may do silly things to get there....so I am better off not having those specific objectives.

I think you are a bit smarter than that Jane and just use it as a lovely reward...like an ice cream after you eat all your brussle sprouts...

Z
 
Cardie,

I go to PT every 2 weeks now and they look at how I am doing...and what I am doing and give me guidance ...and I do leg machines there (but every 2 weeks). The rower and bike are relatively light, high rep quad work. Oh, and I still do lots of bands for my legs while watching tv. And squats too...but primarily with body weight +25lb.

My soloflex is not great for leg exercises.

I may look into doing some leg curls.

BUT...at the moment I may keep doing what I am doing since I got to a happy place. I would enjoy an entire week at this happy place... :snork:

Z
 
Just a note to say you never cease to amaze me with all you are doing to rehab your hip. Very impressive.

I love the retirement plan too. I have something a little like that in mind when I retire--I want to buy a living quarters horse trailer and then pack up a few things, horse, and dog(s) and go South and spend the worst months of the winter camped and riding trails with others I meet up with along the way. Return back to the North for the good weather months. Another 10 years ...

Dorothy
 
Dorothy,

That sounds like the life...(for you AND the critters)

I know that I (and so many others) run the risk of being too old to enjoy the freetime that retirement might bring. If i KNEW that I could have an income when I come back to society I would love to do the ENJOYING part NOW and worry about the earning enuf money part later...

Wonder who I would talk to about arranging things like that... :scratch:

Z
 
Wonderful that you have gotten to a happy place!!! :yes 4:

I didn't realize that you were still in PT. I'm sure they can help you with any of the quad pains.

Take care,
Cardie
 
The retirement plan you mentioned is what I dreamed of while raising my sons and building my client base. At some point the obvious occurred to mr too....if I don't start doing it now I might not be healthy enough when I reach retirement age (whatever that is). So the solution is to make time for at least one trip to a new place every year. Even though 6 months isn't in the cards I have managed to experience some beautiful parts of the country.

Next big goal is to hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, stay over night at Phantom Ranch for a day or two before hiking back out. Requires reservations one year in advance so I am planning on a slow but steady rehab!
 
:biggrin:

...i repeat...

:snork:

My son was leaving for a few days and b4 he did, I dragged him to the backyard and "kicked" a soccer ball a few times with him. KICKED is truly overstating it, as would be Power, Accuracy or Coordination.

But I did it, maybe 4 kicks with my new hip and 7 with my old...and my son was very gracious and encouraging (he's 21).

Swinging your leg with any velocity really does seem counterintuitive...guess that's why my body skipped the VELOCITY part... :hysterical:

Anyway...little milestone. Many more to come.

Z
 
I remember when you joined here Z. You are doing fantastic! So glad I stayed with NEBH too. I hope you know that in part was because of you!
 
Janet,

And I'm sure you understand how nerve wracking potentially influencing a decision like that can be...I can only tell you about MY experience with the hospital, which happened to exceed my expectations... And since the stats and reports supported that my experience was far from a fluke, I was hoping your 2nd experience might be AWESOME!

Z
 
Swinging your leg with any velocity really does seem counterintuitive...guess that's why my body skipped the VELOCITY part... :hysterical:

Know the feeling. But the good news is you are getting there. Well done! Thanks for the update.
 
And truthfully, I knew that what happened to me was just an unfortuante accident. With a 1% frature rate, I figure I took the hit for 99 other hippies :th_heehee:! Hey, it had to happen to someone!
 
:hate-shocked: You did that? Wow - well done Z! :thud:
 
Wow....that looks like a workout!!! For heaven's sake, don't let my trainer see that!!!
 
I thot I typed this earlier...maybe not....

What I did did not look that graceful...and I did not use my arms like that.

But of all the moving exercises I've done, this one felt the most specific to hip surgery....

Z
 
Hi Z

For some reason, the YouTube won't play for me.. Just stopped by to check on your progress after your groin strain?

Happy Easter :)
 
Sandy,

I am doing well thanks...groin, quads and flexors are bit tight, but not a problem. I'm feeling quite well.

The Youtube still works for me...it is NOT me, it's just a video of this exercise called SLIDE BOARD which is one heck of a nice hip workout!

Hope you're well my friend....

Z
 
I think your ready for the "old man hockey league". That's my goal and this looks like exactly the movement I have been worried about. I may try in at 6-months to see how I hold up.

Nice workout and I am impressed!
 
Hi John,
That slide thing looks MENTAL!!! I suppose it's replicating speed skating?!
I do remember seeing Winter Olympic skaters in both long and short course skating which was great AND I do remember the size of their THIGHS ... I think the word impressive comes to mind .....if not GARGANTUAN in some cases ... and that's just the girls!!
I'm so glad you're continuing to progress but JZ you KNOW that soccer is a fugitive art for you North Americans .... :hysterical:
Just to make you jealous I was fortunate to be retired at 52, I became too expensive for my company I think so they "Golden Handshook" me and allowed me to get on with my life.... HOWEVER I really never stopped working, just not corporate work which I detested. I am jealous of YOU however having places like Yellowstone to be able to explore!
Don't overdo it mate!!
Chuck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom