THR Z's Postop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have Norwegian Forests? They are gorgeous! Do you raise them? Those babies get big, non? My biggest Bengal boy is 17 lbs, but Ms. Banana might dwarf him--
Carol
 
You have Norwegian Forests? They are gorgeous! Do you raise them? Those babies get big, non? My biggest Bengal boy is 17 lbs, but Ms. Banana might dwarf him--
Carol
No we don't raise them, both of ours are fixed.
Banana is about 15lbs but still growing fast. She is just over 1 year old.

Tucker is her sister, the name is a long story.
[Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread

Here they are as puff balls.
[Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread [Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread
 
You both have gorgeous cats John and Carol!!! I have 2 Maine Coon
Cats myself - one is about 16lbs and the other is about 20lbs - they are sisters, pure bred, and about 7 years old. I love the bigger breeds :) And "sandbagging" - heehee yup that is fun and so cozy and warm - though it did tend to make the ice in the ice bags melt faster! My 2 also like to "help" me with my exercises - Ummm Mihku, the PT said only 1 pound weight on each leg - NOT 16lbs! No, M'Toulin the stretchy bands go around my legs and are NOT good for chewing! Both of you, out from under my feet while I finish these exercises - then I'll get the feather toys out.

Z - I'm formerly from Western Mass - Northfield area. Though now I am way, way west of there - Oregon :)
 
John and Deb,
Gorgeous cats! I don't 'raise' any either, they are family. My cats are part of PT too because when I have students in the studio, they wander about between feet and entertain the dancers. Good thing cats can move faster than we can:)
 
Hi Z

But you have such beautiful cats, I remember a photo of them early on in your recovery... They looked so content and comfy... Although you did too :)

But they have to let Dad move and stretch!

Thanks for e PM's I really appreciate them 
 
Thanks, Sandy....

TheyAreVeryGoodBoys!!!

Since you have not seen them in awhile...here they be:

Thunder>>> (click to enlarge)
[Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread
Zion>>> (click to enlarge)
[Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread

Hope you have a LOVELY weekend!

Z



 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread
    t-small.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 157
  • [Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread
    z-small.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 167
Ohhhh beautiful photos John! made me smile. Happy Friday xxooxx
 
Handsome boys! Let me guess, the names were inspired by a Thunderstorm in Zion National Park?

The big guy in my avatar is Bosa Nova (Boss), cannot figure out how to post photos of the others, the files are 'too big', so will do so when a 12 year old stops by to show me how.
 
You got the Zion National park right...

Thunder is the smallest cat i've ever had..and he has the tiniest squeak of a meow...actually sounds like something is wrong with his vocal chords...but it's cute.

So Thunder for this tiny squeaky black cat just seemed like a good way to bolster his self esteem.

:wink1:

Z
 
Z, that's funny about Thunder for your little cat ... but I don't think that will work--I named my psycho cat Angel ... and she is still no angel :-)

Dorothy
 
Hee Hee, love the self esteem therapy! And Angel is an optimistic name for a fiesty one, but worth a try!! Boss is my smallest male, and is a bit of a metro man, and does have Napoleon tendencies--he is so funny. He was the only male til I brought home kittens Dante and Spoticuss. Boss hid out in the closet and went on a hunger strike!! I had to hand feed him through the closet door for 2 weeks. He emerged eventually and now they are the 3 musketeers. Spoticuss is the big boy, 17lbs, and lives up to the gladiator personnae. Will try to post photos when I figure this out. Princess is my fluffy Himmalayan-esque pound rescue. She is definitely the Princess and is respected by the pagan bengals. Such fun companions. This morning the 3 boys are chasing each other up and down and all around because I brought home a cardboard box---they think its the funnest toy ever. Cheap thrills:th_heehee:
 
Oh John,

How cute are they, I can just imagine how much joy they are. I love the photos of them, it shows off their characters and personalities so well.

I have always been a dog person, but haven't had one for such a long time now.. I miss that.

Never mind, I get my dose of animal friends from my BS friends... Keep the stories and the photos coming?

How are you doing now Z?
 
I'd say those kitties are livin' the good life!!! What adorable photos. I really enjoy them.
 
Z,

How is the groin pain? Doing any new exercises these days? Please give us an update when you have a moment. Hope all is well.
 
Thanks for liking my kittens (both born on 8/8/8),

My kitties just hopped up on my bed and told me it's time to start the day (and give them their FOOD!! :cat-kittyandsmiley:)

In the last couple weeks I'm noticed a significant change in my LLD when walking. It seems like stuff is moving (in a good way). But, one result for me has been a fair amount of thigh pain. It started in the groin but some times is in the front...with my lower quads closer to the knee. I'd say it starts as a tightness (kind of that "concrete" thing people mention) but if I then use the leg much (like trying to go for a couple mile walk) it HURTS and really isn't much use. Trying to go for a walk at that point is more like going for a limp...

It has not gotten worse...I'm hoping it's just an alignment adjustment my body is getting used to.....and there are major sections of days when it is a non-issue. I have an appt with my OS in 10 days so we'll discuss it then. My guess is he will say that his work is all fine... and now PT and my body need to do the rest.

Still getting around with LIFE just fine...Bike and rowing are great....but long walks and anything more athletic are regularly hampered.

That's the update!

And in case anyone wondered where the 15 in Z15 came from...it was not random, I was not born in 1915, and I am not currently 15. Most of the time I was able to get it on teams that I played on...these are just some of the ones I ended up keeping...
[Bonesmart.org] Z's Postop thread

Z
 
Hi John,

If it's any consolation my Physio (the Dominatrix, delectable but devilish Debbie) tells me every time I say "oh Debs I get a pain here when I do ...."
"YES CHARLIE YOU WILL GET THESE PAINS UNTIL YOUR MUSCLES ARE UP TO SCRATCH..... IT'S NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS YET ....GIVE IT TIME!"
I can sometimes get through most of the day without serious inconvenience, but then take the doggie out and get 200 yards and have to stop and massage and stretch .... usually my Glutes. This happens 4 or 5 times during my walk but sometimes only once or twice. I think personally I forget how much I've improved and my expectations can be subconciously unrealistic ... but that's me!
I know my Glutes especially are still building so am not too upset, I know (hope) that it'll be easier the more I work at it ..... as in all things we do I suppose.
Who was it said it's a marathon not a sprint? It might even have been you??

I like the number 15 story ... when I played competitive sports I used to end up with number 12 ......... especially in Cricket and Football (English football) where there are only 11 a side!!!! :hysterical: ....Not really only joking!!

Have a good Sunday.

Charlie
 
Z,
I have spent the last hour catching up on your threads and have make a couple of observations:
1. Fantastic recovery and thank you for setting the bar high to encourage the rest of us not to be slackers.
2. Now I know here everyone else has been hanging out. Story of my life :)

Seriously I am glad to see you are successfully moving forward with an aggressive rehab program. I share your passion for physical activity and set a goal to be back to hiking and climbing by this fall. I was not sure how realistic that would be but at 4-weeks I can say my recovery has been very smooth so far. After catching up on your story I am encouraged to push it a little more. I also had the MIP and have to believe that has helped me get back at it.

By the way next time you visit Yellowstone consider dropping down to the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho. They are spectacular and one of the best kept secrets for hiking here in the northwest.
 
Thanks, Rusty. As long as you realize that I something I did set me back for 2-3 weeks then you know the story. It's not a straight line and caution and common sense is warranted from time to time

I will say that yesterday I did 4K on the rowing machine and then "jogged", skipped, ran back wards etc in the back yard for less than 5 min. Just getting the muscles used to those motions and seeing what feels better or worse. I didn't force anything and it all felt fine...and the best news was I felt fine afterward and again today. It was the most encouraging session to date. I may wait to repeat it tomorrow as I'm guessing the muscles are a little weaker (and more vulnerable) this AM.

Well, if you are anywhere near Yellowstone or the Sawtooth Mts...I am very jealous. Once I retire (someday) I plan to spend 6 months at a time in places like that...there are so many I want to get to. I've heard others rave about the area around Cooke City near the NE entrance of Yellowstone as being more spactacular than Yellowstone it self. For me, the best part of Yellowstone is the critters....plenty of 'em and lots of variety. Makes for a great day (week, month) of hiking...

Sounds like you are doing great and I am sure we'll both get SOME hiking in before the winter!

Z
 
Hi Z, just visiting my hero's thread (hehehe!) 6 months in your beautiful national parks sounds a great way to spend your retirement - I hope you get to achieve that. Although I love our hills, they're just little pimples compared to your mountains. I'm just now forming the idea of going to Nepal this autumn (a trip I had already booked in Jan/Feb 2010 when I suddenly found I had cancer, and so had to cancel). Told my surgeon I was planning to hike Everest valley (fairly low-level and not too strenuous a walk), and what did he think? And he replied, oh you'd be much better doing the Annapurna circuit! Mm, well maybe, but it's 3 weeks of trekking and ascends to nearly 18,000ft, and I get altitude sickness. Still, I like his attitude. If he thinks I can do that 11 months after hip no. 1 and 7 months after hip no. 2, then I should have confidence.
 
In the last couple weeks I'm noticed a significant change in my LLD when walking. It seems like stuff is moving (in a good way). But, one result for me has been a fair amount of thigh pain. It started in the groin but some times is in the front...with my lower quads closer to the knee. I'd say it starts as a tightness (kind of that "concrete" thing people mention) but if I then use the leg much (like trying to go for a couple mile walk) it HURTS and really isn't much use. Trying to go for a walk at that point is more like going for a limp...

Hi Z,

On the quads, are you doing any weight lifting back at the gym yet? I found that to be very helpful with quad pain that I was experiencing. I didn't do anything strenuous, just 2 high rep/low weight sets on the leg press, leg extension and hamstring machines.

Sounds like you had a nice workout yesterday, very good!!

Also wanted to compliment you on the colorful collection of jerseys -- just wondering if you display them in the house like that??? :rolleyespink:

Have a good day,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom