THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

@dougie0216 that makes more sense! Very similar to the one-leg-at-a-time drape off the bed in effect, although yoga is way more aesthetic LOL.

@Layla thank you! We had a great Sunday-- our son is continuing the lifelong tradition of "lunch at Granny's", now that Granny is gone, by having us over for lunch Sunday afternoons. He and his wife are gifted with the hospitality gene, and we hung out in the cool, dry, breezy afternoon on their deck, just being adults having fun. We don't actually get that very often, with our other son at home. At supper, we discovered a new tv series with potential to keep us giggling-- Green Wing, another Brit com. Rated M for a reason, but many very funny moments.
 
I'm crushed. We all envision our bonesmart pals..how they must sound, what they must wear, how silly or how thoughtful.
My beloved, classic, congenial Zauberflote is actually nee ICanHasCheeseburger
All that I thought I knew...alas!!!
 
Amazingly, it wasn't a Da Ponte opera, the libretto was by Shickaneder. He was a cat lover.
 
Yeah.....what he said! (Dougie)
I'm lost! Sounds like naughty words, ha!
I need to go back and follow the progression of your thread.
 
Had a good laugh off of the @Mojo333 post above.
Call me cuckoo but you ALL do have voices when I read your posts. Distinct voices each one.
I pondered that one day wondering if they're voices from my past or if I'm just plain nuts!
Don't answer that for me, anyone....please.
 
@dougie0216 so he loved cats and thus made a story about birds, and therefore all the cats in the world are this opera's intended audience! That actually seems about right, given the weirdness of it all....

I saw a cool article on my NPR app this morning about OA in previous millennia.
 
I speak some German in fact I know a little in 7 languages. Most operas are not English anyhow @zauberflöte thus I prefer Ballet I use to hold season tickets. Miss those days. Saw many Russian ballets.

I cannot write in many languages except a tiny bit of Spanish
 
You said the magic 3 letters. I'll out myself, I may or may not have been working in public radio daily since 1993. I started as a volunteer at my local station in 1987. I host a two-hour classical music program Monday-Thursday. The rest of the time I'm the gm. It's my dad's fault for playing Beethoven and Grieg records when I was growing up and my mom's fault for making me take piano and putting me in church choir. The overture to Die Zauberflote is one of those tunes that once I hear it, it is stuck in my head the rest of the day.
And npr is on in my car, and would be even if I didn't work at a npr station.
 
AHA! @dougie0216 I was right!!!!! I guessed that when you said you had this time-sensitive work thing at the same time every day....and you worked for a small non-profit... I ruled out astronomical observation on the basis of the non-profit. So I guessed public radio! Where can we hear you? I am looking at the available stations on my app, and I'm guessing somewhere around OK City? To hear my "gang" (only one of whom I know) tune in to WCVE Richmond VA 88.9FM and online at ideastations.org. There. You'd think I had that memorized! Sadly, I can't do the satellite stations LOL.

I have to blame me on my parents, too, church choir, classical music, wide-open career choices...I play the flute because it's the only thing I can do!

Here's how far back I go-- remember Robert J Lurtsema in Boston? Even plummier voice than Carl Kassel!
 
They weren't naughty words after all!!
You two speak the same language and now I understand why!
Pretty cool how you figured @dougie0216 out @zauberflöte and what you have in common.
I've enjoyed your interaction on the subject ZauberflotelibrettoShickaneder!
Love you guys......you're both great!
 
They weren't naughty words! I was kidding. Just strange to me and funny sounding:
Der Vogelfanger bin ich libretto Schickaneder......those words.
As long as you and dougie understand one another......all that matters lol!
 
Wow I'm lost. I've always built things. Houses,hotrods,furniture if I can't hit it with a hammer I don't understand it. I like classical music but can't sit still long enough to enjoy it LOL.
 
@Gone again LOL classical music (any music, maybe) is known (by me anyway) to have healing properties, especially for my hip. Who says you have to sit still to enjoy it? :wink: :yes:
 
Hmmm..... now all I can see on "hip replacement forums" are my own threads. Hello everybody, I am thinking of all of you, and I think I'm going to wait at least until tomorrow to visit again-- see if some of these little bugs get squashed! :spider:
 
Gotcha, I was so confused. Hope everyone is doing well.
 
All bugs seem to have disappeared for me, and some features that were missing a month ago have returned, like, the shortcut smileyface with the colon and the parenthesis, you get a real one! :)

The view from 4 weeks (plus one day):
Progress has definitely slowed down and gone underground. None of this "better every day" stuff for me any more.
-Kroger Clicklist is fabulous! I don't have to delegate grocery shopping to hubby, who is swamped with enough as it is.
-Only real remaining "pain" is a nagging sharp ache in the groin. I am babying the flexors, so as not to precipitate tendonitis, so...will I be successful? Watch this space!
-Meanwhile, up the stairs one baby step at a time, down them pretty much normally, if a little slowly.
I can walk 1/2 mile at a time, twice a day, so long as I don't get in and out of a car more than once in that same day. Next week I'm going someplace that will include many family walks of miles. I will have to pick the one with ice cream and ferry-boat watching in the middle of its two miles...
-Tylenol 650s, 2 every 8 hours, plus advil 200s, 3 every 8 hours interleaved, is still necessary. If advil helps, I must have inflammation! (I have responded very well to advil since it first came out as a prescription drug in the....70's?)
-Mood still up and down, but as that's usually the case in this household anyway, I'll roll with it.
I can wear many regular pants, although the heavier-weight ones hurt the (anterior) scar-in-formation when I sit down, so I have to be careful. Lightweight linen is still the textile of choice.
I am still icing quite frequently-- all the time I'm sitting. But I don't need it so much at night any more! I seems that I can get away with putting it on at 5 or 6 in the morning, and getting the last hour or two of sleep with it on. So I tiptoe downstairs at 2 or 3 when I wake up the first time, get the ice, tuck it in a drawer, and grab it at dawn.
Definitely sleeping better, although not back to normal yet.
Feeling more confident about having the brains to drive. Haven't gone anywhere adventurous or high speed yet...that will come soon I guess.
Pretty sure that's the news from Pocoshock Creek!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom