THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

Love the "None of this better every day stuff" I guess it levels out at some point after the initial trauma.
You sound like you're doing well @zauberflöte

I don't live near a Kroger but this "click list" thing sounds pretty cool. Is it just online grocery shopping then you drive to pick it up?

I understand the mood ups and downs and attribute it to any remaining limitations still nagging at us in reminder that we just experienced major surgery. Wouldn't you agree?

Hoping you enjoy the ferry boat watching, ice cream eating, family walk next week.......sounds fun.
Hugs to you!
 
@MyAussieGirl so glad to see you online!!! Peeps for you: :loveshwr::roseshwr::wave: I am sorry you're fighting for sleep now, and I hope that you can get enough rest periods in on enough days that you're not dragging too awfully much...

@Layla For me, it has seemed to "level out" twice, for each hip. After the "better every day" it's "better every week", then "better every month", then "every 6 months", then, "oh wow it's been 3 years and I'm yet even better than I was a year ago!". So, I have that to look forward to :hugzz:

In my case, the moods are post-surgery, sure, but they are also, for me, part of daily life. Post-op has just added a few odd bad moments to the pre-existing ambient level of waiting for the 97th shoe to drop. Life goes on, regardless. "This too shall pass" and I'll have regular life, only no hip arthritis, back again, YAY!!!

Yeah, Kroger ClickList is, you shop Kroger online, they make it really easy for you because your account is tied to your customer card, so you can basically shop from a picture list of stuff you've bought over the last 6 months. Then you choose a time to pick up at your store, and they bring it out to your car immediately! My first 4 shops were free, but now I have to pay the $5 fee. For saving my hip, that's well worth it. Also this morning I did a similar thing wth PeaPod, which is StopnShop's version of the same thing only with delivery. I'll have it delivered the day we arrive at our house next Thursday, thus saving me a MASSIVE shopping expedition after a plane-and-car ride (not to mention getting up earlier than I have since surgery day, just to get on that plane!).

Friday hugs!!
 
@zauberflöte- not sure I saw a smiley face with a colon...not even sure that's allowed but would be great for after the initial problems post op to let others know all is moving along. Maybe you could use it on the packaging logofor your Hippy Hermits:rotfl:
 
:) :) :) all my smilies have colons!!!! They are anatomically correct, and I will indeed use them on my sure-fire recipe for Hippie Hermits which are made to soothe the stubborn gut that hates narcotics...

some of them have semi-colons... ;) oops that one doesn't work....
 
@zauberflöte you make me laugh!!! So glad to be back online with my fellow smarties ....er ....bonies??? I would love to hear you play your flute. Can you record a short clip and post it here?
 
@zauberflöte - Morning - as I'm progressing with the recovery I'm not checking bonesmart as much as I used to. But before I forget I wanted to let you know I appreciate your posts, humor and encouragement. They've been a big help to me and I'm sure alot of other folks on the 'hipster' journey!
 
@a0167913 oh my you are so kind!! I've really enjoyed your presence on here, and it's always sad to see someone "fade away" but joyful to know that they have gotten back to life better than they knew it! I'll be doing the same soon enough... Meanwhile I get to be 11 years older and tireder than you :rotfl: so I'll be here a little while longer.

Go enjoy the new life your hips have given you :hiking: :biking: :tennis: :realing: :surfer: etc!
 
@gwenc so glad you can get out and about here, I felt your frustration because I had the same issue that I could only post on my own thread.

I'll be glad to attempt posting a short clip, but we have to relate it strongly to hip recovery so it's not just random. Any ideas? Maybe someone needs a lullaby for napping, or a march tune for doing PT or walking. Brainstorm with me :)
 
Good Morning @zauberflöte
How about The Hippy, Hippy shake......can't even imagine on flute, ha!
 
@gwenc and @Layla hmmm I tend more towards the magic of the healing than I do to a song that's not even a quarter as good as The Hokey-Pokey! :snork: How about Them Bones, them bones, them dry bones-- we'd have to rewrite the part where the hip bone connected to the, thigh bone....oh well the cup is connected to the, implant!....

Ok where were we.

I went out erranding today. Had to get in and out of the car three times. That's pushing it! I discovered that to get into the car, it's best right now to put the right leg in (NONONO we are not doing that song any more!!) normally, and then gently maneuver around to sit sideways and go from there. It's also less bothersome to pull the left leg around with my hands instead of supporting it on my right foot. Then while erranding I did a really stupid thing, but the Kroger attendant didn't get how to do it so I had to demonstrate. I buy cat litter in 10 or 20 lb bags, and had asked for 10 lb ones this time, but they were out. I generally heave the litter in first of anything, as the only place to store it is in the car grrrr. Think of heaving hay bales. So I did! I hove 3 20 lb bags of cat litter 5 feet from outside the cargo area to right up against the front seat. My hip complained a little, but I was bracing it pretty effectively. I am icing now, and will all afternoon probably. Time will tell!
 
Hi @zauberflöte
Changed my mind......I'd love to hear something calming /soothing for your BS recital
Heck with The Hippy Hippy Shake and Them Bones.
And the hip bone is not connected to the thigh bone.....the ball joint and tie rod are connected to the femur!!
@Mojo333 description of our new parts......bahaha!

And OUCH.....glad you're icing, I sure hope it's okay!
 
@gwenc and @Layla thank you both for you concern! I was actually moving quite smoothly-- I've done this for years. And I did have the op hip braced securely. It feels like I'm paying for getting in and out of the car (apparently my nemesis) 3 times in one day. It doesn't hurt to use the seatbelt any more, I noticed that yesterday!! As the outside of my leg is still sore as can be to the touch, it must be that some more swelling went down, maybe? The car certainly hasn't changed! I'll take a nice walk tonight before bed. That always feels good:walking:hey, slow down lil peep! I don't walk that fast even when I'm on top of my game! Also, I never walk in socks!

Oh I have a good one! Last winter my then-29-yr-old son called me and said, Mom, you know how you always told us not to run in socks? Well I just ran around the bed, slipped, and bashed into the iron frame, OW!, so now I know what you meant! :rotfl: :snork:
That kind of thing doesn't bother you when you're ten, but pushing 30 is a different matter! :loll:Mom Is Always Right! And this hippie will never ever walk in socks!!
 
Getting in and out of the car can still jack me up @zauberflöte I have a sports car only car we have ... front slopes not easy to get in.... I am glad you iced I will lecture you and say Meijer has curbside delivery you call the **** in pull up and they load it... I don't shol there I too like Kroger ...but while you're still sore Grrr
 
@MyAussieGirl oh I can only imagine a little low sporty car-- getting into my husband's "sport sedan" is bad enough! I am finding the same thing to be true for both hip recoveries-- it's more comfortable and less payback-y to get in the car with the op side on the inside. So, getting in for driving was easier with right hip, and passenger easier with this one.

I looked up Meijer-- they use Instacart? Our Rite Aid does that, but I have no idea what they offer. We also have Amazon Prime Pantry and Prime Now around here, but I ain't-a goin' there just yet. I need the little drives to Kroger so I can go to the bank, the pharmacy, and practise driving. However, I will quit with the 20 lb bags of litter for another month or so. I am contrite and repentant after yesterday, and really wishing that I'd taken ice with me to bed instead of waiting until the middle of the night. The nice note of progress for yesterday was-- I wasn't totally wiped out from it!

Later today I get to be on my feet as much as I want for 3-4 hours, serving dinner to 40 homeless guys. I really like the men's groups-- they are chatty and outgoing, not quite so "us girls" as the family groups. I guess the women bond with each other over kids, and the single guys don't use up all their bonding on "male bonding" because which of them even has a place to put a tv? It's always an honor to serve them.

So as it's a church kitchen, I am counting on the ice machine to keep my pocket full of bagged ice! Soothing...We did not/are not going out to worship this morning, but I am allowing myself to go over to son+dil's for lunch-- that's so much fun and very de-stressing. We will bring them some eclipse glasses, as they weren't on the ball, and I got enough for all of us.
 
Ooh, I need some too. Starting looking last weekend and there none too be found.
Didn't want to order online.
Gonna look up DIY projects in line. Seems like I remembered a school project in nineteen ought three or so...
Something about a cereal box and who knows what else.
I'll be styling with Froot Loop glasses.
YeeHaw!!!!
 
Kudos to you for helping to feed people. Their bodies and souls. It's my passion too
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom