THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

@ScenicRte yes, I think you are spot-on about the different brands' inactive filler ingredients. I hadn't thought of asking a pharmacist-- I like that, thanks!!! Especially as it MAY have been the meloxicam all along!!!! Or more complicated, the combination of the two with the aspirin!!!!! Not taking either one now, so I'm hoping symptoms subside over the weekend as the meloxicam works its way out of my system. Three more days of aspirin, then back to familiar territory.

Which scenic route is your screen name for? (Nosy me...)
 
I hope you get to the bottom of this soon @zauberflote be sure to let us know when you do. And sometimes the pharmacist are more knowledgeable about meds and side effects than the doctors. They're a valuable source of information. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Hi well done worst bit over only going forward now crack those stairs and corridors and get home where you will feel better.
Hey @Jackanorys um? If you're talking to me, ZF, I've been home for two weeks and a day. It was my two-week followup visit to OS yestrday, I imagine I was (as usual) communicating poorly!:rotfl:
 
The percoset made me itch, too. I found it was better as I reduced the dosage over time. Eventually I just needed it at night. It really helped me sleep, and was so effective with pain. I was worried about becoming addicted, too, but was able to get off of it. Hope you are feeling better.
 
thank you @Hip Hip Hooray! ! I'm afraid to say anything yet, but I do think the tingling lip and maybe some numbness is fading slowly. It's funny, I'm not the least bit afraid of becoming addicted to something that has so few positive effects for me. I am addicted to food (as in chocolate etc), and that's bad enough, so I think I'll stick with that.
 
Hey sweet pea aka @zauberflöte for what it's worth I have a bad feeling on the Percocet for you and hope you stay off. I will not see a big part of the eclipse where I am..face it lol I can see it on TV now days :loll:. Bet folks wanna smack me one for that hehe
 
Sorry it was the way I read it.
Well it just recovery time now pushing through the first 6 weeks take care
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Jackanorys That's right! 2 1/2 weeks now, every day a little better still. And I still stand up for, it was the way I wrote it, not how you read it--- but we won't fuss over that will we? :smile2:

So it's Sunday! @MyAussieGirl did you get to church yesterday? I completely surprised myself by going back to sleep both times I was awake and up for over half an hour last night-- and sleeping well to boot!--, and so we actually made it to 9:30 worship service! I'd been aiming for the 8:00 praise band rehearsal, but I'll have to try again next week. Then we dropped by "Granny's" house (hubby's late mother's house, soon to go on the market I think) to check for mail etcetc. And then, oh dear @Layla I have to say the "h" word....our d-i-l went to the hospital middle of the night before last with, oh, lady issues that were very painful. She's on her way home now, but in addition to the nasty infection of whatever (didn't get that part yet) she's got some other stuff that needs looking at. I always thought the pill was supposed to make you NOT get endometriosis!!!!! Anyway, we visited her and son and her mom for over an hour, chat chat, and left just as the nurse came in with those lovely lovely discharge papers. And this evening for supper, off to that other chrch that serves a delicious home-cooked adventurous- menu supper before their Compline music service at 8:00. I will be well walked out when I've done with that-- three parking lots to wander! My church, the hospital, and this other church!

Pain management report, because why not. I've been off the Percocet for over 4 days. The last scheduled dose of meloxicam was over two days ago, and last night I could tell that it had been doing over half the pain control yikes! Yet I got through the night fine. My "new" pain is exclusively "stiffness" pain, and there's alot of it. Still in my book not above a 4, but it's cramping my walking style until I am good and warmed up, by which time I'm wearing out. I just cannot believe how weak the little muscles in the side of the hip get when I walk! It's not like I was immobile for two weeks-- what is it? The other hip was exactly the same, so there's a nice little mystery to solve here.

So here I am, lunch to hand, in my nice sun porch chair, shaded, fans on, FEET UP!!!! and hoping for a little nap to sneak up on me as I roam around here.:sleep:
 
But of course @zauberflöte I went to church I didn't get to yap at folks as much as normal and hubby sez I am a yakasaurus. But hey be people love me lol. One dude leaned over and said Hey kid you're walking really well..... I ate that up.

Your swelling be obviously would make you stiff and walking less easy
Your doc think you're doing ok?? I find I am umm impatient no Job here lol.... I love that you're involved with church. We will have church on our boats trains and planes
 
Hi @zauberflöte
I'd like church on all of our forms of transportation also!
Just trying to play some catch up here. A lot going on above my post here Planes,Trains and Automobiles....and oh yeah, Boats too!!
That Aussie Girl can just turn my mood around.....love her! I'm all tired out from a long day. A silly tired, almost crying tired. I didn't join the ODIC but I'm telling you.....I cracked the door!
I need to just B-R-E-A-T-H-E.....chill and maybe catch up here. It may relax me.....hopefully.
 
@Layla go rest a hot shower or tub...some tea you're what they call over tired. I get like that near tears tired that's not good.....rest. :swoon: this dude didn't rest
 
@MyAussieGirl Yes, my report (somewhere up there) was excellent from two-week followup two days ago. Xrays, incision, pain level all great, who need PT when there's walking, great, what on earth going on with meds, now that's WEIRD. She kept saying that. So anyway, I think I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if I can stop the aspirin 24 hours early. I need my ibuprofen!, and she thought I should give my stomach a break by not adding another NSAID until I was done with the aspirin. But oh wow I am sore tonight-- we went to that other church, ate a delicious meal, too many coconut macaroons (hubby hates coconut, I ate his and it was one too many), and sat in a supremely hard wooden chair, even with my cushion it was pretty bad, getting stiffer and stiffer, and since it's all dark and all they're doing is singing for us, I couldn't really get up and walk around....

SHAMELESS YOUTUBE LINKS TO PLUGS FOR MUSICAL FRIENDS FOLLOW

@Layla yep, we can carry my brother-in-law who is in seminary for his second career as a pastor as we speak. And my whole praise band, if the college kids will come too! Oh yeah and Urban Doxology They're up for anything, and Resound (notice overlap of personnel, woman on our left in Urban Doxology is woman on our right in Resound, and she's our worship leader) so we'll have plenty of music!
 
Wow, pipes on those peeps!
Love, love "Be Thou My Vision"
Thanks for sharing @zauberflöte
 
Glad to hear you are pushing through the pain barrier you are strong love it. Don't forget that they have cut through your muscles which make you feel like you have a dead leg I am not looking forward to that bit again, my husband could not understand why I rigged about so much trying to get out of bed hate that bit.
Anyway you take care and mend soonest.
 
I only did the Percocet for the first week then went to Tylenol 1000 mg every 6 hours. It worked. Not as powerful as the Percocet but no side affects. Still using it at 7 weeks as needed but then I do tend to overdo it.
 
@Layla glad you enjoyed the music!! Unfortunately for my delicate classical ears, Urban Doxology in concert/worship is SO LOUD that I have to sit way back. Next time I'll have ear plugs, the fancy kind we wear in orchestras, because it's worth it.

MAG @MyAussieGirl you are not doolally (can we call that little peep Happy Doolally? Any Scots amongst us to adjudicate?) I also today am wondering if my bed has anything to do with the numbness stuff!! :rolleyes: In the middle of the night I definitely was having "the bed is too hard" issues. I slept quite wel again last night, which means immoble in one position for hours, and when I woke up after two hours+ on my back this morning, my whole backside was numb, as in it almost fell asleep. So. The other side of this new mattress is some kind of gel/foam combo. I hate gel but possibly it's worth a try? Who will come help me flip a 60 lb 15" Twin X'long mattress without knocking into the overhead fan? Hubby won't be home until 10:30pm. If that doesn't work, I may have to put the new memory foam topper on the old air mattress that's been so lovingly rolled up and deal with all those messes again-- the mattress weighs next to nothing, so nothing stays tucked in, etc etc. Arrgghh.

@Jackanorys thanks for the support, I love it!!!! Actually, I am pretty sure there is a diagram in the library here that shows the various approaches, and in none of them is any muscle actually cut. Pulled out of the way yes. Stretched beyond imagination yes, especially in a smaller incision. I think "tissue-sparing" is a marketing term the anterior folks and mini-approach folks use to hype their methods. Sure, it does spare tissue being cut-- but there is a flip side to that too LOL.

@Gone again I couldn't decide whether to mark your post "funny" or "friendly", and I wish we could use more than one!!!! I'm using the extended release tylenol arthritis formula, which is 1300mg every 8 hours. I wonder if I want to switch to the 1000mg/6hrs.... How do you find it feels at the end of the six hour period? And ugh, having to wake up in the middle of the night to get that dose, ugh. I await your comments...

Cats and I, having gotten caught in a downpour half an hour ago at the end of my little walk, are chillin' on the sun porch. I am chillin', they are protectin' my shoes. Both cats have an inordinate love for stinky shoes. I have pictures of the younger brother asleep with his whole head stuffed into a slipper, and a sandal, tennis shoe, etc etc. Too funny!
 
While I'm not happy to hear you're having some muscle pain, I am glad to hear I'm not the only one! I was feeling really great at the end of last week and I think I overdid it and now I'm having more soreness on the outside of my upper thigh. It's right near the incision, so I'm sure it's one of those muscles they cut through! So I'm back to being more careful. I took half a Percocet yesterday afternoon and that helped a lot. I'm trying just Tylenol today, so we'll see how that goes. I went to PT this morning and my awesome therapist spent quite a bit of time working on the muscles in that area, so I'm hoping that helps too. One day at a time!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom