THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

@birder thank you! We did a lot of prep today, so I feel pretty confident we are ready (us, our friends, and our horses!_
 
@Mojo333 every kid on the block came to my mom for a skinned anything-- we used Unguentine, which had some kind of local numbing agent in it. She didn't believe in the other stuff-- was it maybe merthiolate?

Calamine for poison ivy, nothing for bites/stings, O cruel parents to let your child suffer an itch (oops there goes the soap box again), and Vicks for a cold. I had growing pains something fierce, and that was Ben-Gay and rocking with Daddy in the middle of the night. When my mom moved into assisted living, bro and I had to choose who got that rocking chair.... he's the baby and I already have a rocking chair so I let him have it. It has a distinctive creak that has not changed in 60 years, and that noise brings Dad right back! <3 Daddy....

@MyAussieGirl you are not going to believe this! Two parts-- 1) after a shower the other night, the scab on the BOTTOM of the incision melted off, so now I have two open places! AND......this is the really weird one: I was trimming off some of that blasted tape as it came loose, and in the process snipped ME! But I didn't know it at the time-- only noticed a few minutes later that I was bleeding freely from a little spot right next to the tape. Hydrogen peroxide, a bandaid, and you know what? There is a numb spot there, which is why I didn't feel myself cutting me!:flabber: This is really getting ridiculous! I took some pics last night, will post on the Badge of Honor topic. Frankencision! The place where I cut myself is almost healed, but the top and bottom of the incision are very very very stubborn indeed. (And the tape in between just looks gross.) After every shower the scabs are moist again. GRRRRRR! They don't hurt, they don't look "bad", just irritated and not closed up, no fever that I know of, so I am going to wait a few more days before I call OS and ask permission to see PCP about this, rather than drive 2 hours in horrible congestion just for a bandaid! I see OS PA next week anyway, at which time I hope to be told "come back in 5 months unless you are still feeling great, in which case come back at one year and cancel the 5 month one".

Those boy-short boxer briefs I bought are kinda cute, if I were 40 years younger. They are fairly comfortable, and certainly don't rub on the incision, but now I'm thinking that even though I weigh what I did for the first hip, things have moved south just enough in the intervening 4 years to make it awkward. I do have an objection to the inseam of the shorts, though-- I wasn't looking for "separate" unless it came with some "lift" as well. So I am often walking around with an unavoidable wedgie! :skep: :dubious: oops!
 
Oh my beloved Mags @MyAussieGirl I am less a nervous nellie right now, as I am not in the anxiety stage of waiting for a hip this week!! My gosh TWO DAYS for you!!! I can't wait! Anyway, that snip is almost healed anyway, and it's only been since Friday night. Not worried, sweetie, so don't you fret either :friends:

I was told to trim off the loose stuff-- so it was entirely user error LOL. If I didn't trim it, it would get caught up in my clothing and pull, twist, and rip itself off, and since it's taped firmly to the incision/baby scar, we wouldn't want that.

How ya doin'? Keeping busy for the next 48 hrs?
 
Okay Zauberflote Scissorhands. Next time you feel like snipping something ...Go cut some shrubs or your neighbor's poodle!
:giggle:
Hope it's doing better. Thinking of @MyAussieGirl add I know you and many of us are.
Have a great day.
Dealing with the food bank today will be crazy. Hey, I'm just crazy enough to do it.
 
:rotfl: @Mojo333 they TOLD me to trim the thing off!!! And I did more today-- there's now only a piece the size of a Chiclet still stuck to me, well it took its sweet time, didn't it!

I bought new clothes-- camel-colored cord jeans, and a burgundy knit layering t-shirt, to travel in to my reunion thingie next week. Bad girl spending money she doesn't have. Anyway, I tried the jeans on-- they are advertised as "slim", and on me they certainly ARE slim! I'm not sure a 65-yr old should be wearing these, except they don't look bad at all. You can practically see the remaining bit of surgical tape, they're that "slim". Bad news is, of course, they are not loose and flowing linen, so when I sit, they will fold into my groin and irritate the open part of my incision that @MyAussieGirl is so concerned for me about, bless her. Notice I'm saying that very quietly LOL. But you don't go to Montreal in late September wearing southern summer linen, I'll tell you that!

50 lashes with a wet noodle if you read this tonight Mojo!!! Go :yawn::sleep::zzz:
 
Hi @zauberflöte
Sounds cute.....I'm sure you'll look great!
Could you cover the little open part of your incision with some gauze and a bandage
only while you're wearing the pants? Wonder if that would spare it from any irritation?
 
@Layla I have tried everything! If I cover it, it gets all wet and goopy during the day. And, the bandaid itself rubs around on it as I move. When I leave it uncovered, mostly it scabs over, but then some movement or position can scratch the scab off and I'm back to square one! Not to mention, there is now no tape on the incision, so if I stick anything to it, what gets stuck must be pulled off, and I really don't want to have the whole thing open up :yikes:
I'm now wearing these boy-short briefs that are about the shape of compression shorts, but shorter, so there is no undie elastic to ride up and down over the open spot, which is what started it all after the top of the tape was the first to come unstuck. It's RIGHT in the fold of the groin, very poor planning by OS if you ask me :snork:

If I were willing to wear skirts and no leggings or anything, and go commando ALL the time, I might see some progress. But that is asking a little much. I see the OS PA Tuesday, I'll see what the official position is on this whole thing.
 
I bought a couple black skorts, SOFT fabric to wear to PT in the hot month of July, as to maintain
some modesty while I'm spreading my legs doing clamshells and sitting on a leg weight lifting apparatus. Yuk!
At any rate something like that could be worn, sans undies and no one would be the wiser......just a suggestion.
Also bought a legging, attached skirt combo, not tight either. Soft also, never wore that though, it's been too hot.....too hot for my liking anyway.
You'll figure it out......you're a big girl!
 
@zauberflöte How exciting for your son, how anxious you must be.
Is he excited? Boy, that probably feels very odd to you.
That maternal thing has a strong pull.
Guessing he can handle it, but can you?
Praying you and he have peace while he hits this milestone. We can't hold them forever...love, love your way.
 
Hi @zauberflöte

Milestones....I'll bet it feels bittersweet.
I have every confidence you love him enough to recognize the perfect timing.
Your son will now experience all life has to offer as you pray, guide and cheer him on from the sidelines.
I'm sure this positive change will be fulfilling for you as parents, as you continue to watch him learn and grow.
You've laid the perfect groundwork and realized this was the time to set him free.
Praying for peace of mind as you adjust to your new normal.
Sending a warm hug your way....
 
Morning @zauberflöte . How has your weekend been?
Are you bored silly trying to be good?
Sure am happy to see you spreading hope and your experiences to many here.
I am trying to be very Zen today and reorganize my thoughts on chaotic last week. Have board meeting Tuesday evening. :headbang:
 
I want to thank everybody who has added their prayers to mine! @birder you just about quoted my daily prayer word for word! @Mojo333 we are not the least bit sure he can handle it, but it had gotten to the place where somebody was going to get killed if he stayed at home, so when all the dominoes FINALLY lined up, we pushed the lead one and off they went. @Layla I thank you for your constant warm support, it's very comforting!

Mojo, no, I am anything BUT bored, and I'm not being too good either...my nemesis seems to be getting in and out of my car. I am very slow and careful, but it still crunches my hip up, and after the third time my hip thinks that is getting old and doesn't want to do it any more. I can't tell if my slightly increased pain is from the weather, the one fewer advil I take per day, the walking-in-my-new-boots-practising-for-next-weekend, the car, or random other reasons! Who knows....I walked .99 mile last night, and had more in me, but since that was .13 more than I'd yet done in one go, I didn't push it. That much exercise before bed is a great sleep aid! I'm not walking fast, but Im walking faster than a week ago, 2,3,4 weeks ago. Progress!

So this board meeting... will they want you to praise them for stepping in, cancelling their important luncheons and social events to be do-gooders for Instagram and FB? I have ranted to myself about your board several times; probably nothing you haven't already thought. I would just think that anybody on a board of a feeding-people-in-need organization would have a heart for feeding the hungry!

@MyAussieGirl
[Bonesmart.org] Zauberflote #2 on other side!!
On the model they are way longer than on me or any real person. They are kinda cute, and I think they're helping with the healing of that open sore at the top of my incision that you wanted me to call the OS about. I will definitely forgive you if you don't remember that-- you are post-op and anything goes!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom