Guest viewing is limited

THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

Hi @zauberflöte so good to hear from you! I have the same issue as you - I lurch to the left ONTO the operated leg when I first start to walk. Then it evens out some. I can't figure it out. It almost feels like I am lurching sideways to try and keep my legs spread apart -- walking with a wide stance, if you will. I try not to keep imagining something is wrong with the angle of my cup or my stem, but I am a worry wart, I guess. Anyhow, definitely enjoying life again, despite the little niggling doubts. You are only at 6 weeks, so you are doing GREAT!!! Happy Labor Day and may you sleep well tonight!
 
:goodpost:Great report @zauberflöte
Oh my stars, if I could only figure out how to burp my groin...
I am only now doing steps like a real grown up as one hip/leg seems stronger than other.
I think it's better to be safe than sorry...
Everyone here is freaking over Hurricane Irma and we have a large event planned for the weekend, a mobile food pantry to distribute 400 boxes of food do I'm doing all the preparation this week.
I'm glad you are hanging around, we need your smart straight forward advice and reports. Plus, we can't leave @MyAussieGirl unattended ...Have an awesome week
 
@zauberflöte that is very interesting about your groin burps! I have a friend who has chronic bursitis in her left hip. She gets the cortisone injections every 3 months or so which seem to help for a while and then it slowly gets worse again. She told me a similar story that one day, when the pain was at its worst, she felt something pop inside and suddenly the pain was gone. Eventually it came back again, but she was pain free for about a month or two. I wonder it that is the bursa bursting??
 
@gwenc ... Your post caught my eye as I have been suffering with bursitis in my left hip too! The cortisone injections only worked once for me. After that, it just got worse and worse.

Don't think it is the bursa bursting as your friend thinks. The shots just stop working and I know for me, the pain was threefold after the initial injections wore off..

One of the last things I said to my OS before the surgery last Monday was to please help me with the bursitis. After surgery, apart from telling me that my hip was in pretty bad shape, he said that he completely scraped and cleaned out the bursa sac.

I honestly do not feel it much post-surgery, but I am having all kinds of other pain, so only time will tell (also had an anterior like yourself).
 
@Lerwick8 the shots still work for her, she has been doing them for 10 years or more. This was just a one-time event, and ZFs post caught my eye because it sounded so similar to my friend's.

On your other comments, you are in VERY early days so try not to evaluate too much where you are, and try not to set expectations. Its hard, I know, and believe me I was exactly where you are now, worrying about how I am doing compared to everyone else. In the end it really doesn't matter, your journey will take the time it takes. You seem to be doing quite well for only 1 week out. Try not to be anxious -- time heals all wounds!
 
You can, but we can't having you having a heyday all over this forum without us.
If nothing else, we are so used to MAG-speak, we might have to interpret.
I would worry so much if couldn't check on you was the message. It's about me, @MyAussieGirl ...I'm selfish.
 
@gwenc Lord help me if it was a bursa bursting! I didn't know we had them there! This was less than an inch deep, fairly close to the incision. But it's fascinating about your friend feeling that too! And re the lurching-- dollars to donuts it's just compensating for anticipated pain. I walked like that before my first hip-- and I was getting there with my recent left one! I am glad you can squash those worries-- no amount of worrying every healed a hip! Are you back on the horse daily now? :horseriding: LOL every time I see that I think of @MyAussieGirl ..... Sorry MAGs!!

@Mojo333 Yeah, my brother the Delta pilot in Atlanta is getting nervous about a personal trip he'd planned to take this weekend-- I can imagine you are all as jumpy as __fill in Texa-Georgia-ism here___. I suppose it will be my turn next week. I am TIRED of hurricanes starting with "I"!!!! We lost power for 8 days for Isabel, we vacated our then-home on the coast for Irene, where it did no damage, but rather hammered where we ran to inland (three cats crying non-stop for 2 1/2 days is Not a fair price to pay for anything!) and now Irma.... I heard or read a local forecaster saying "Fear the "I's".....yep I do. I hope your event goes off smoothly, and that dear Irma la Douce scatters out to sea!
So you did one-footed steps for 4 months? I guess I can then too nanny nanny booboo......avoiding tendonitis like the plague....

@MyAussieGirl no you can't be left alone because how else but by pestering you will we know how much you are enjoying that new sofa? :puppysmooze: probably not that way, but hey, maybe you will relent...

@Lerwick8 YOU WIN!!!!!!! :snork: The top of my incision, irritated from undies elastic in just the wrong spot, and all that ice-in-the-pockets wearing, just would not dry up and make a scab, so I stopped wearing bandaids and....swiped my hubby's boxers for daytime, and I leave night time to our imaginations. I have also given up my regular pants and gone back to all soft loose linen ones. The first night it formed a nice scab, so I have hope for healing! It was driving me nuts. And then I went on Amazon and bought some lady boxer-ish types. The first review I read was from....a woman who'd just had a THR! She had tried and discarded several types pre-op, and highly recommended these particular ones post-op or any time. They should come tomorrow. We need that lady here! If any of you are her (she?), now's the time to take a bow!
 
@zauberflöte .. Yikes...you are giving in to the boxers after all:scary:

Okay, so I must admit that I only wore them for about 24 hours, during the peak of the horrendous heat wave we had. Now that the fog has rolled back in, I am back to sweat pants. Good though that you found some that appeal to you on some level, and even better that they have a THR endorsement. I have the Old Navy ones and they come in some nice floral prints.

Sorry that your incision is irritated and hope that the boxers help! I've given up all 'vanity' in the last 10 days for the sake of comfort :) It has been an interesting experience!

I just posted a pic of my battle wound today on the thread for post-op incision pics.
 
@zauberflöte - not riding daily yet, want to increase time in the saddle very slowly, so as to notice any discomfort immediately. I am expecting my new saddle to arrive today, so hopefully after work or by this weekend at the latest I will be back on board!
 
@gwenc you are very wise with your bit-by-bit approach; you'll have time to notice how things are going. Wow, a new saddle-- that must be like me buying a new flute headjoint-- research and try-outs of new equipment and the agony of deciding...! Is this a hip-specific saddle, or something else?
 
Wow @zauberflöte I hope you'll be OK not sure where you are with the hurricane and all but my DIL and family which includes my 9 as of the 9th granddaughter are right on the beach in Juno Beach FLORIDA ... I am afraid for them they put metal shutters on and are riding storm out...sigh. I fear for many of you.

Lol @Mojo333 my interpreter @Layla will be around here and there. I will never forget how she had to rewrite my whole post so my favorite but nurse could understand but me be lol mega :rofsign:. I am worrying on you and your family be in GA too. I think Layla has wildfires. It's a crazy world anymore.

Sweetness on legs ,.my friend @Layla no trots lately lol

Zaub um boxers you know they have girl undies I have 2 pr called tap pants kinda silk boxers no pee hole. I got 1 pr at Macy's ...ya ready...pre poor 85 dollars. I wore them once I felt guilty so much $$$ on my ....
 
@MyAussieGirl no :horseriding:lately is wonderful!!!!!!
Well, I only paid about $1.25/pair for cotton "boxer briefs", women's, pastels, kinda cute actually but NOT silk boudoir wear that's for sure. I'll see how they go. The scab opened up again last night, and then I went and SLEPT on that side, so that didn't improve things either. So tickled I could sleep on op side, but I won't try it every night just yet. So today I have my new boxers in the wash, wearing hubby's, and a little bandaid over the scabby place. I am pretty sure that it's very superficial, so I'm not worried, just, it's inconvenient and irritating as all getout!

Right now I'm thinking of your family there in Florida-- they are brave souls to stick it out... and Happy Birthday Your Granddaughter pretty soon, right? As of the peek I just took at the probability cone, SC is also going to get hammered, GA on the outskirts, and it seems to be trending just a few miles west of me. We will definitely get some weather, but nothing to write home about unless the trend swerves eastward. Just more mosquitoes is all...*smack* there goes one now!
 
@zauberflöte
not a hip-specific saddle but my retirement gift to myself. A real, handmade wade saddle. beautiful hand tooling. I have not had a chance to try it out yet on my horse, but hopefully tomorrow.
Preparing for riding out hurricane Irma, although hopefully we will not bear the brunt of it.
 
Scabs and skeeters in boxers is all I see in my noggin now. I have a friend in or on St John's Island SC yikes for all.

Yes my granddaughter will be 9 on the 9th I feel for her a good and pretty girl

I um use to be high maintenance till hubby ran poor. Once I made him by me a platinum and diamond ring to make up for a fight lol ...oh I wish I had that cash.

I don't like your having issues with incision ...grrrr growing at your doc but glad no trots
 
ahhh @gwenc what a lovely thing to have and to use!!! Please take a pic of, say, your view of the saddle as you are riding tomorrow!! I am so excited for you :yay: However, I had not until now noticed that you live in FLORIDA!!!:flabber: Please do take care!

And @Mojo333 you too! I hope Irma really is just a little rain and breezes by the time it hits ALL of you!

@MyAussieGirl you are ALWAYS SO FUNNY I love thinking of you sitting there thinking out loud for our benefit! But do set your mind at rest re this stoopid scab thingie! Just pretend I skinned my knee and you're my mommy, and you want me to just ignore it and go back outside and play. Are kids even allowed to skin their knees any more? I read something about college kids in the paper that sent steam out of my ears but I'd better not even get up on that soapbox had I!

Went for a half mile walk this morning in...my new boots! I'm traveling to Montreal, which is a walking city, in two weeks, and I somehow think that my open-weave athletic-sole slide sandals are not going to be suitable for showing off to classmates I haven't seen in at least 22 years and some of them 42 years! (yes, I'm old...) Not to mention it will get cold at night. So I bought a pair of Cobb Hill booties, lovely soft suede-y leather, and they have rubber heel/sole, although it's a 1" heel which is higher than I like. They are little bouncy, which is what I was after. I want to practise walking in them a bit at a time so I see how they impact my hip, not to mention my feet! So far ok. When I spray them with Camp-Dri or some other silicone product, they will be good for winter here at home too. My other boots aren't so forgiving to walk in, although by January maybe I'll be ok?

Re my walks-- I am SO tickled that this hip has to recover on a steep hill. The other hip couldn't climb for squat, and actually was painful just going up the very very gentle grade of the driveway. I started walking in my driveway about day 3 here for this hip, and uphill has yet to bother it. This is a very different hip than the other!

Yesterday I got in and out of a low-ish car about 12 times in too short a period, and had to ice in the afternoon, but all seems well now, thank goodness! I am still pulling my left leg in the car with my hands so as to save the hip flexors from any undue stress! Keep away, oh thou nasty tendonitis! Likewise, I'm still taking stairs toddler style, except every so often, I'll do ONE right, and usually it feels ok. My right S-I joint does not care for this arrangement, but it was a problem child already so what am I gonna do, right?

And.....I think I spent too long on a hard wooden chair yesterday, as the right piriformis turned into a painful tennis ball :blackcloud:so I limit myself to 5 minutes on that chair at a time for a while....

Ok, supper time...
 
Don't like those wooden chairs. Having piraformis issues also. Lying in bed stretching them as per directed does un-knot it some but exercises are awkward feeling for hip???
NOT in reference to surgical incisions but....
Remember our childhood medicines?
Scrape: mercurachrome/methyalade (sp?)
One burns, one doesn't...mom says this is the one doesn't...she lies! Apply tincture...blow blow BLOW. Makes great scab that glows!
Itch/bite: camphophenique in little green bottle. Not even sure it worked.
Cold: Mentholatum on chest with old T-shirt. Burns your eyes so you have to close them and shut up and go to sleep.
Oh, the good old days...
Now, there is a pill for everything
 
Hahaha!
I remember the Vicks Vapor Rub
I remember Calamine Lotion for itchies.
BUT I feel neglected now because I never got whatever it was that made the scabs GLOW!
I do recall always trying to pick them off my knees.......then they'd bleed again.
Oh..the memories of childhood.
 
@Mojo333 @gwenc Thinking about you and all the other people in Florida. Most of us have been there at one time or another and feel a connection. Will be praying for your safety.
@zauberflöte that periformis problem, I think any of us recently post op are dealing with it if we sit too long - I don't know if the hardness or softness of the chair even matters. I sat too long at work and got very stiff and sore. I feel much better standing up! I'm going to look into one of those ergonomic desks where you stand up lol and see if my boss will approve it. Take care all!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom