THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some sentiments bear repeating (I also wrote the following at my recovery thread after this wonderful hip-sis wrote a very compassionate note that helped me tremendously)... I know I'm not alone by saying...

zauberflöte I hope you realize what a gem you are to ALL of us here! A favorite sorority sister who checks in on all her 'peeps' with giggles, advice, concern, compassion and tremendous empathy... we all adore & thank you for being YOU!!!:angel: xoxo
 
zauberflöte. Happy Anniversary! Didn't realize it was a special day. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the movie. Will await your review.
 
Littlejem, sandybeach, zauberflöte, Songlady, Red Shoe, Peaches, LeeApril26, octopus, luluohio, Kim22, Elosarabrab, sqwerlie, ByGosh, glynis, Teacat, SeaSiren

Please pass onto anyone I may have missed :)

Ok, for those that would prefer to buy the massage blend, I have found an Aussie company that has distributors all over the world.

I am such a fan of both eucalyptus and tea tree and olive oil for the anti-inflammatory benefits and have used them for years.

This product looks excellent and saves blending.. I will definitely try this, in fact will get it today and give it a go and report back :)

They use premium ingredients and I am impressed with their specialized extraction, specific ingredient percentages and type of processing..

https://elmoreoil.com.au/

broken link removed: https://elmoreoil.com.au/ingredients/

broken link removed: https://elmoreoil.com.au/distributor/

:)
 
Hi there zauberflöte Your 4 week update sounds great! You sound really good, very upbeat as usual, loads of laughs. You're really doing lots of activity around the house, too. That's got to be good for all of those leg muscles getting stronger and increasing your stamina. The sleeping can only improve the farther along recovery you go. The brain fog thing is probably part of an energy drain that affects you in that particular way, and it'll get less and less, I'm sure. There's still a lot of healing going on at 4 weeks, everything's still repairing and rebuilding, so you're bound to feel tired in some way. And if you're not getting a lot of good quality sleep, your alertness is sure to be affected. It's still so early in this recovery process for you, I think you've made really good progress, and it's just going to get better.
Keep up the good work and all of the great posts, we all like hearing from you! :friends:
 
Poppet. Thank you for doing the research. They sound like they would be lovely to slather on all the sore spots!

Thrilled it is easily available via Amazon.

Fantastic LeeApril26, we purchased some this morning and I massaged DH's sore shoulders and he was so surprised.. Then he had a nano nap with a heat pack on it and slept for three hours and woke up and and said the ache was almost gone!!

Yep, I am going to use it on all my sore spots and the good part was that it absorbed into the skin, so penetrated where it was wanted quickly and will be easy to use it under work clothes.
 
zauberflöte You are bound to be still tired after a big operation and now you're doing so much more. I remember at 4 weeks I still needed a nap in the afternoon and some days just feeling like I had no energy but it will get better for you when you regain your strength.
Ok, for those that would prefer to buy the massage blend, I have found an Aussie company that has distributors all over the world.
Hi Poppet hoping I haven't missed your recipe for the massage oil, I've sent for the ingredients but I don't know the quantities.
 
Thank you Poppet for the research and reviews! I checked it out at Amazon, as the Elmore website was consistently giving me errors, and Barbara's Elosarabrab right, the shipping is almost as much as the product! So, as Littlejem said, would you mind giving us a recipe too? Could be cheaper.... even if not Authentic Oz........

ByGosh and Littlejem thanks for your encouragement! Believe it or not, when I cut out that last 1/2 percocet at night a couple of days ago, the brain drain was lessened enough to say I noticed. Wonder if it's connected?? Now I believe I have to work on getting my diet back into its healthy old track, enough of this eat what I want when I want and become addicted to dairy and white flour/sugar all over again.:hairpulling: I know from experience that I feel better without those foods ("foods"), so why would it be different when I'm healing?
I do have a nano nap (Poppet I love that term) some afternoons if I'm on the computer at nap time... Janet, I do indeed feel some days that i have NO energy at all-- I'm sorry for us, but glad that I'm not the only one. And then I get to feeling it's a moral failing, you know? I feel I ought to be able to get myself together to pay a few of those utility bills, you know? (Speaking of that, what are "rates"? Are they what we call "taxes" as maybe in personal property or real estate tax? has to do with my latest tv show, comments in the Cyber Movie thread eventually :) )

Ok, here's the scoop on how to go to a Long Movie That You Really Want To See. (Star Trek Into Darkness, in this case)
1. Never mind about elevating and icing all day in preparation-- sitting is one of the activities that hurts anyway
2. Eat a good supper
3. Take the cushion and the big ice pack, they'll let you in! (there was no problem)
4. TAKE A WHOLE PERCOCET right before you go in, but not too much water
5. Make hubby buy candy
6. Get the outside seat in the tippy top row, and save several more for your party who are out parking the car
7. Put your feet up on the "boyfriend seat" next to you. Don't stay there forever, though.
8. Sit regularly too-- that percocet is a wonder!
9. Laugh laugh laugh at all the in-jokes
10. Marvel at how well Chris Pine plays William Shatner playing James T. Kirk-- it's truly amazing!
11. After having sat from 8:15 till 10:45 (gotta wait for alll the credits to roll, can't walk down an apparent 45 degree rake in the dark) get up VERY cautiously! hey! This is not too bad, just a little loopy is all.
12. Walk it out when you get home.
13. Sleep well in your favorite bed :)

And to top it off, I felt well enough this morning to go to church. But wait, the rest of the family has gone to take the ZK back to school.. does this mean I have to drive myself? :shocked:Well, why not? So I did, and it wasn't scary. Top speed about 37mph, very little traffic, only about one mile on the actual road. Sat another 50 minutes in church and sneaked out early. Still feeling ok.

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place-- suddenly what hurts the worst is elevating! I get out of bed all nice and loose, I mess around for an hour or so and am fine, and then sit on the couch with feet up and ice on for awhile, and am immediately in pain from S-I joint and all the places it refers to, sometimes for the rest of the day. :tantrum: Sheesh. The hard place is, the other thing that hurts is walking on pavement. Do I need new shoes, or to stay off pavement? On the street is the only place I can walk in a straight line enough to warm up the hip and really work on gait. :tantrum:

This too shall pass....
 
Hey, sounds like the movie trip went well, with precision planning and the help of hubby, not sure I'd have wanted to do it at 4 weeks though, you did really well!! It was a long time to sit still so I'm so glad you weren't uncomfortable and were able to enjoy your night out.
Rates are, or rather were, the house or business premises tax, the house tax name changed a few years ago to Council Tax but the business equivalent is still called Business Rates.
I'm having loads of problems with elevating too my lower back/top of my bottom aches like mad especially in bed!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom