THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beckylou tomorrow 2 weeks for me :) That's what I've done today- only walk inside, and no problems... try again in awhile. Even if it's only a niggle (might that be about 3 on a scale of 1-10? LOL) I don't want to wind up with long-lasting problems if I can help it.
 
zauberflöte It's a shame that I discovered my love for CSI Miami now that I am back at work haha. I wish I had more time to sit and watch it. I'm doing well. Sometimes the hip let's me know that it is there, but most of the time I'm out and about. Hope you are recovering well!
 
Hi ...zauberflöte ..itb and. Knee pain..for me it lasted 4 weeks...I spent more time icing the knee and rarely needed to ice the hip....I promise it will go away...its also good to massage the itb using your or preferably your husbands knuckles :)
 
smrt2run haha well, you'll catch up with the CSI eventually I hope. I'm doing very well here, thanks! Except when I fall asleep drooling on the computer, as I just did for 10 minutes....
 
zauberflöte The joke- the hedgehog was flattened when crossing the road. Ow. Poor thing.
They're a big pet-fad someplace in the world. My son's girlfriend is always posting pictures of them dressed up in darling, little, silly costumes. I assume they're not doing it themselves.
 
clifford149 :shocked: my husband has verrrry boney knuckles LOL. I have bruising and tenderness all along there, and also have been told to not massage anything on my leg/foot/hip due to the risk of moving a hypothetical clot along. So I'm trapped. I'm going to ask the OS PA about massage Wed at 2 week visit. You really are watching over me aren't you :)
Mamarey it's Post #142 on your recovery thread-- yesterday. Very cool chart!
 
This thread is like a madhouse! Nice change, though, nice and cheerful!
I really appreciated that elliptical machine progress chart you posted today. I'm hoping that's the first in a group of similar progress charts for other common fitness tools/machines that you might be working on for the library?
Actually it's pretty generic for most machines. It's just my way of trying to get it across to people what's meant when we say take it slowly!
 
massaging it definitely helps.
massage would definitely help a whole lot of things around here, but there's that pesky clot prohibition. They were on me about that right after surgery, when I wanted to massage everything from my toes up to my waist! What a pity...and you know? Now i only remember that day as having happened to somebody else-- do you have that feeling?
 
Josephine, you of ALL people can handle this thread LOL. I do get all the fun people here, don't I? :)
Ok, thank you!, will do my own treadmill evaluation starting on week 3. Eight more days.........
 
zauberflöte, glynis, Liveringer, ByGosh, Peaches, and all - I had some knee issues, also, a week or two out. My knees both, but especially on the op side, felt as though they had pockets of something stuffed into them which hurt when I walked. (Probably some swelling and fluids draining?) It resolved.
And zauberflöte - gosh, sorry for all the pain! - but when my OS examined me last week, he tested for ROM by moving my leg while I sat.... and when he moved it out to the side, YEOWCH from hip to foot! He said that because I'd had such lack of ROM, the whatevers (tendons? ligaments? muscles? the everpresent IT band?) well, the whatevers were all REALLLLLLY tight from not being stretched in that direction for a couple of years. SO.... I am thinking that there are probably a variety of movements that are going to hurt for that and related reasons! (Are we having fun yet.....?):groan:
 
Songlady oh yes maam I have the world's tightest groin muscles on op side, and piriformis, and probably the whole dang leg! I await permission to start my own stretches.... I see OS PA Wed (I think I've said that already... LOL) and have quite a list of questions!
 
have you been able to cut down on the pain meds with your ready-to-use ice packs?
Ice packs are an adjunct to pain meds not an alternative!
Me, on the other hand, Miss Pain in the Groins, tried paddling around in the pool for the past three days, and here I go again....Jeez, will this ever end? I wish some wise one would tell me what's too much, and what's good for me.
:scratch: I thought I posted such advice on your thread just yesterday!
I have had the knee/thigh/leg niggles most of the past week after I have done some walking. Had to scale it back a bit then try again a day later. Yay, 2 weeks post op.
WHEN are you ladies going accept that you can't do this so early? Activity progression for THRs.
did I miss something on the elliptical progress chart? Did not see anything come across?
It's in your thread.
 
zauberflöte you and glynis are a match made in hip replacement heaven. And if you are truly looking for a novel about "liquid hips" I was going to direct you to Fifty Shades of Grey, but that does speak to you in detail so scratch that. I hope you are doing better and the muscle pain you had has eased up.
 
Josephine Thank you for looking out for us yet again. I'm 13 weeks post-op today, and I'm trying very hard to be cautious with my activity and to go very, very slowly. I'll review the Activity Progression for THRS link again. There must be a fine line with activity for me that I'm crossing unintentionally, though, that puts me back to being in pain. I appreciate your support and your watchfulness. Take care and thank you, Mother Hen. :)
 
Honey, I was talking to those who are only 2 or 3 weeks out! I think your case is a little exceptional and you have every right to be getting frustrated. Just wish there was something I could do to help!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom