TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

Hi all. I'm new on here, but I'm 42yo female from Sydney and I'm unsure how to contact other members directly. Please help! Cheers guys [emoji1360]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don't know how to see it! [emoji51]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @debbyS still not the best but now period started today so just something else to contend with. Geez I sound like a whinger!! Hopefully things are on the improve x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Sadnow08 if you've had a TKR and would like to post or ask questions about it you'll need a thread of your own on the post op side. If you're thinking of having a TKR then on the pre-op side. If you're unsure of how to do this take a look at the link below or tag me and we can create a thread for you , but you'll need to give us a title, and surgery thread. This is zakmick's thread and we don't want to derail it.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/how-to-use-this-forum.74/
 
@zalmick, Sorry, you have had a lot on your plate. Will say a prayer that things will take a turn for the better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@zakmick I am still praying and believing that better days are just around the corner for you. I have to admit that your post reminded me to be grateful that I no longer have periods :) I have to remind myself that it has only been just over 3 weeks since we had surgery, and it will get better. In just a few more weeks I think we will all be amazed at the difference. @debbyS as well :)
 
I actually had to recheck our dates today as I thought we were a week ahead of where we were. I actually let out a sigh of relief when I realised. Although that shouldn't matter!!
My sister has just had a baby and she was talking yesterday about no periods, and how it was one less thing to worry about!! [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No periods are nice, but these hot flashes are awful! I hate summer time in Virginia. I need to move to Alaska until winter. Last summer I was cold all the time because of the surgery and the icing. This summer, my knee is going to be doing great, but the heat and humidity will get to me. Maybe I'll ice continually just to be cold again!

I think you ladies are doing just fine. You just have to learn to have patience. Yeah, that's a word I dislike, too, but each week you'll see little improvements. Just think of how you would be without your replacement. Your knee would be getting worse instead of better. Before you know it you'll be so glad that you had it done!
 
Yes those hot flashes sound 'hot'!!! I can remember my mum struggling in summer. I perspire constantly now or get a hot flash due to medication I'm on, but I know that's minimal to what will happen eventually... it better stay away for awhile though I want those babies still [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hadn't looked at it that way @sistersinhim... if no operation we would be getting worse with operation we're getting better!! [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Rough night... little sleep could not get in a comfortable position and lots of coughing. PT this afternoon aggghh!!!
Please body let me sleep now!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry you had another rough night :( I don't look forward to bedtime anymore and it used to be one of my favorite times. Good luck with the PT today.
 
If you are not feeling well then you need to take it easy and give yourself some time to get over your respiratory infection. Walks to the bathroom and kitchen is all that is needed. You can cancels PT appointment if you need to.
 
Back
Top Bottom