TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my prayers tomorrow!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Warmest wishes for a perfect surgery and smooth recovery. This forum is filed with caring and supportive people and I wish you the best.


BTKR 29 Sept 14
 
Prayers coming your way for a successful surgery tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you when you are able. God bless!
 
Love and prayers to you! Remember we got this! I look forward to hearing from you!
 
Hi everyone. Surgery went well and I'm all set up in my room. We arrived at 7:15 and they took me down at 8:50 for prep. I was there for about an hour when they came in to give me my spinal. Guess what....it didn't take again! So I had to have general anesthesia again. I was in recovery a little before 12 and they brought me to my room around 11:50. Pain is controlled and I'm comfortable. I couldn't wait for something to drink. I can't believe how wide awake and lucid I am. Well I better try together some sleep. I was literally up all night last because I just couldn't sleep. Again thanks for all the well wishes. Anne
 
Yes, I'm so glad you were able to check in. It sounds like things went well. Now do your part and rest, rest, rest! I remember being so thirsty also and was surprised they gave me a big cup of ice water in recovery. I chugged that down! I hope now that it's over you will be able to get some sleep. Take care Anne. We're here for you when you need us.
 
hope you're getting some good :sleep: and your pain is well controlled.
 
Yesterday I was nauseous all day. I guess I don't do well with general anesthesia. I did eat a few bites of dinner. Joe came in a little after I was done and I immediately needed the basin. After getting sick I did begin to feel a little better. I slept off and on all night, the longest stretch being two hours. When I woke up I was hungry. I started my sponge bath and was just getting done when I got sick again. I had to use the basin of water that I used for my bath. The nurse came and said I needed to eat something before I could have more pain pills. She said I had nothing in my stomach and the meds were making me sick. I wen to PT and my eyes were so heavy I could hardly stay awake but did okay. When lunch came I was feeling better and ate half my sandwich and pears. I got my meds and didn't lose my lunch. I was very surprised at PT in the afternoon. My flex was 94 and my extension was 2. I seem to be doing better with this knee, other than getting sick.
I get to go home tomorrow after both PT sessions. They have a lunch for us with our hubbies before the last PT.
The nurses have been fantastic. The hospital has just been redone. We each have our own private room and it just beautiful. With going home on Sunday I was worried about getting to the pharmacy in time. So the nurse gave Joe the scripts tonight so he can get them early. I can't wait to go home and elevate my leg. They don't let you elevate them while here. They want the leg as straight as possible. I have a washcloth rolled up under my ankle. I do have an ice machine going full time. Well, my eyes are heavy. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep longer stretches of time. Thanks again for all your words of encouragement. Anne
 
Awww sorry you felt so sick :( I'm surprised they haven't been giving you anti nausea meds. Your hospital sounds very nice and it's good they involve your care giver. Your flex is fantastic! I bet you'll sail right through this one. Hope you get some better rest tonight. Tomorrow will be a tiring day. Take care!
 
@gr82cu2 thanks. They have been giving me anti nauseous meds. I can't imagine how t would be if the didn't. Here I as going to go to sleep and I just keep dozing, but not sleeping. Oh well, maybe once I get home. Are you feeling any better?
 
I had to have them switch me off of hydrocodone because it keeps me awake. And they gave me a sleeping pill which only worked after 90 minutes and only kept me asleep for 90 minutes, LOL. What are they giving you for pain? My leg has been aching today clear down into my foot. Our weather is changing. It's storming right now. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope you get some rest.
 
@gr82cu2 sorry to hear your leg is achy. Weather can have an effect on your knee. They are sending me home oxycodone and Neurontin . Here they have been giving me anti inflamatories , I think it's Toradol , the shot in the belly for blood thinning and also a pain med that is in a pump as well as the pain meds I mentioned. They only gave me the pump meds until this morning. But so far so good. I am getting the same meds as last time except they are not giving oxycotin anymore. I'm hoping that they work with the omission of oxycotin because last time my pain was managed well. I sure wish I could sleep like you, but I normally don't sleep well anyway. I hope your achy ness goes away and you have a good night. Anne
 
Thank @tiredwife . It is much better than what I did with the right leg so far, but I know that it can easily change. How is Steve doing? Have a good night. Anne
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom