Guest viewing is limited

TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

@Yorkimom and @Celle Not much longer now. I expect to be about 6 weeks behind you and will be following both of your recovery threads. Reading your posts I expect it to be very real the last 2-3 weeks before surgery. I have started my list of things to purchase and what I need to complete etc. So much great information on this forum.
 
Today I golfed my last day with my ladies golf group before I have surgery next Friday. With the exception of my back hurting the past couple of weeks, my knee has been feeling great and I have even questioned if It was too soon to get the surgery. Well, today my knee reminded me that it's time. One minute I'm fine and the next minute I'm hobbling on the course for the rest of the game. I did tak some Tylenol and it helped quite a bit. Now tonight it feels fine again.
Tomorrow I go for my last pre op appointment. It's getting close!
 
Yep, they have a way of doing that.
 
My knees have been complaining a lot after a period of activity also. I'm trying to run lots of errands and get things done before next week. The time really flew by. I'll be watching for your recovery thread- we can co-commiserate!
 
Hi @PuppyLove! I hear you about the errands. I have so much to get done before surgery next week. Today I had to go to JP court to evict a tenant we have in a rental house. From there was my last pre op appointment. From there I literally had 10 minutes to get to my hair appointment for a cut and color. Of course we have to have our hair done before the big day. I see you are two days before me and @Celle is right smack in between us. We'll keep each other company! Anne:loveshwr:
 
I got my hair cut last week and colored it myself (I'm cheap that way). I keep hearing stories about tenants needing evictions- makes me not want to deal with a rental! I had my preop at the hospital today. I also checked of a rehab place and a PT with aqua therapy, painted my son's closet (long story, but it's a DIY that's been going on for too many years and I need it to be DONE), drove carpools, had the church missionaries over for dinner (forgot that I booked them for tonight and it will be the last one for quite a while with us), then tried to help daughter with algebra homework ( my brain is getting too old to remember that stuff). I'm off ibuprofen now, and Tylenol does nothing for my knee pain, so my knees are really complaining. Tomorrow cannot be this busy. I need to get to surgery just to get a rest!
 
@PuppyLove Wow Chris! I can't believe all you did yesterday and then to have dinner guests? You have to be exhausted! And forget about the algebra homework.....my kids had to be on their own when they were in school. You can give me bookkeeping, etc., but other than that I am terrible at math. In between my appointments yesterday I did get my winter/summer clothes changed, so now I feel like I am pretty well prepared. With going on a trip on Monday to Wednesday, it puts a crimp in my time, but I'm looking forward to my last little hurrah. When I was at my pre op yesterday he said I could take Tylenol and my muscle relaxers for my back right up until the day before surgery. My knee has been really good except for this past Wednesday, but I know it will not be happy with three days straight of 18 holes. I normally just golf 9 holes.
I have also been concerned about getting sick. My son went to the doctors Tuesday and he has bronchitis. Every time he gets sick, I usually get sick. I told the doctor about it yesterday and he said he would give me meds or I can wait and if I start feeling lousy he'll call meds in, so I'm going to wait and keep my fingers crossed. Anne:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Minnie's knees! I love your name and avatar. You're right, being six weeks out I still didn't think it was real. But now that it's only a week away, my nerves are starting to get the best of me. I'm trying to remember how I felt the first time and even though I know what to expect this time, I am just as nervous. The big difference this time is that this knee doesn't hurt me the way the first one did. Do you have a surgery date?? Anne:flwrysmile:
 
@Yorkimom I'm definitely feeling it today. Can you avoid your son for a few days? I'd hate to see your surgery postponed if you get sick. I quit working (I was subbing as a school nurse) a few weeks before my hip surgery and avoided all the sick folks at church. I can be a bit paranoid, but there's a lot at stake! I miss winter clothes- here I just change colors with the seasons- it only gets really cold around Jan and Feb. Relaxing for a few days should be good for you. Have a great time on your trip!
 
@Yorkimom I do not have a surgery date yet. I am hoping for late Oct. I have to wait due to fusions I take for my rheumatoid arthritis. My OS doesn't schedule until cleared for surgery and as the clearance is only good for 30 days I have to coordinate it all. I can't imagine being a week out from surgery as it feels so far away right now. My avatar and screen name is based on my love of Disney with my grandkids. Too much walking for my worn out knees. Looking forward to the right one this year and the left one maybe next year. Take care.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @PuppyLove. My son is 29 and still living home. He finished up law school took the bar and just couldn't find a job. He had worked for a criminal lawyer while in college and then while in law school and the lawyer took him under his wing. He was a great man. He wanted Marc to be partners with him. Unfortunately he died right before Marc passed the bar. So Marc opened up his own practice. Things are going slow, but he is holding how own. Anyway we live in a 55 and over community and our master bedroom is on the first floor. So Marc has his room and the loft upstairs.....almost like his own abode. So he has been staying up their when he's not at work so hopefully I won't catch it.
Gosh @Minnie's knees I hope you get the scheduling workout and can have surgery soon. I absolutely love Disney World. The only problem is that you need a vacation once you get home from there. There is so much walking and always on the go, but it is a great place. Let us know when you have a date. Anne:flwrysmile:
 
@Yorkimom that is such a sad story about your son and his mentor. I'm glad Marc was able to make a go on his own. Slow and steady.... Love the picture of your Yorkie- what's his/her name?
 
@PuppyLove Good morning Chris! My Yorkie's name is Rusty. He just turned 6 in July. It seems like we just got him yesterday. He is such a loveable dog and loves everyone he sees. It was an adjustment going from a Golden Retriever to a Yorkie. We lost Misty in April of 2008 (she was only 8 and diagnosed with lymphoma) and then we lost Molly (a Lhasa Apso) that August. She was 14. Anyway we weren't going to get any more dogs...we lasted a month and got Rusty. How about your dog? She beautiful.
 
Rex is a rescue puppy. Our Golden, Molly, was 14 (her companion, Max, died 5 years before) and aging and the kids were begging for a puppy. We decided to foster Golden Retrievers thru a rescue group to see if Molly would tolerate a new dog at her age. It was fun; we met a lot of great dogs and Molly did great with them. Then came the day they asked us to take "the puppy" home. Hubby's eyes lit up and I knew he'd never leave our home. Rex was being sold in 100 degree Texas heat in a Walmart parking lot and was close to being dead when a rescue group member talked the owner into letting her take him ( can't sell a dead puppy, right?). When Rex acts weird we blame it on his "hyperthermia to the brain"! He is a wonderful baby. A few months later Molly crossed the Rainbow Bridge to be with Max. I decided we needed a smaller dog that didn't shed- we found Sadie on Craigslist needing a new home. She's a jet black Cockapoo who doesn't photograph well. You are so truthful about difficulty going from a Golden to anything else! She is lovable and fun, but so difficult to train. At five I think she's mellowing a bit. This summer after my hip replacement, she had to have surgery to have bladder stones removed. Now I make her food from scratch. It's been quite the summer! Sorry- didn't mean to ramble on; I'm lying in bed with my two babies right now and it's quite peaceful!
 
@Puppymom, Chris not rambling at all. I love hearing about pets and how they came to be part of our families. Golden's are a wonderful pet, that's for sure. Rusty is only 6 pounds and he is spoiled rotten. It I have to say he doesn't have a mean bone in his body and is happy to see everyone. He is an easy dog and the nice thing is he doesn't mind that we leave him. Some little dogs don't like to be left alone. The big difference I see in little dogs versus big dogs is that I think bigger dogs are more in tune with our feelings, while smaller dogs are more into themselves. Rusy is with me all the time when I home, sitting on my lap while watching TV. But with Misty, if me or anyone else was sick, she would just lay nearby as though guarding you and making sure you were okay.
The only thing I don't miss is the hair.
 
Our goldens have been the same. My mom, who didn't really like dogs, repeatedly told the story of when she got a stomach bug when visiting us and Molly never left her side while she spent the night hovering over the toilet. And, I thought getting a cockapoo would eliminate the hair issue, but now I have to give her haircuts every six weeks ( we like it longer than the groomers will do it) and THAT hair sticks to everything. Still, I LOVE my fur babies!
 
Good luck @Yorkimom! Hope all goes well for you this week and will look forward to your updates! Xoxoxo
 
@tiredwife, @gr82cu2, @madinana, @Puppymom, @marmora , @Celle.......anyone. Does anyone know if you can take Zyrtec this close to surgery. My allergies....I'm hoping it's allergies are driving me crazy. I have had a sinus headache all day. I was getting ready to take Zyrtec and then thought maybe I can't take it. S nice it's Sunday night the pharmacy is closed and I leave in the morning for my three day trip. Does anyone know????? Thanks, Anne
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom