Guest viewing is limited

TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

@Yorkimom A crown for our new Queen of Dance:
[Bonesmart.org] Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR
 
@marmora, I love ABBA!!! Several years ago I saw Mama Mia with all their songs. It was great!! I have it on my IPod too and just listening to it makes you want to move!!!!!
@tiredwife, I love my crown....how did you know that blue was my favorite color?????? I'll be sure to wear it on our trip....I can't wait to show all of you some moves. I hope our hunks can dance too!!!
Love, "The Dancing Queen"
 
Well I was very hesitant to go to PT today as my knee was really bothering me through the night. I'm sure that the severe chance in weather has something to do with it. Yesterday's high was 30. It was so windy the wind chill was in the teens. Today has been cold too, but not as windy. After reading what @Minnie's knees wrote on her thread yesterday, I was so tempted last night to use heat on my knee but decided not to. But I bet it would have felt good. I only have a few pills left so I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get a refill. I'm down to using a couple a day and take them when my knee tells me. I take Tylenol but that just doesn't do much. So I hope they give me one.
This morning my knee was really stiff and went into PT thinking I might not do well. I have been able to do the rotation backwards on the bike since last week. I was doing them continuously when Deanna came over. She is one of the assistants. She said great, can you go forward. I said I haven't been able to. She said give it a try. I tried and almost got it over when she cheered me on and I went over. Then I did several more. Christine looked over and gave me a thumbs up. I was so excited. With the last knee I did it weeks before this one so I was happy to finally be able to it. Then Christine worked on me and said I was doing much better. She measured my flex and it was 105. Again I was so happy. So that means in three weeks I've gained 15 degrees! This is taking forever, but I'm finally improving. Anne
 
@Yorkimom congrats on the 105 flex. 15°improvement is awesome and being able to do a full forward rotation :wow: Those small victories are what keep us going. Keep up the good work.

Please be careful if you use any heat. I use it only on back and sides of knee (never on scar) to loosen muscles before doing my exercises. I also ice to control any swelling and pain.
 
Anne, I'm so happy you are moving forward now. 15 degrees improvement in 3 weeks is fantastic and that feeling of being able to peddle forwards is priceless. You go girl! Having these episodes of happiness over progress somehow helps to erase a little of the pain. At least it makes the time, effort and pain a little more worth it. Sooooo happy for you! :yahoo:
 
Hi! I'm playing catch up tonight on your progress. Dancing- WOW! The closest I get to dancing is when I "dance" in the car at red lights to embarrass my children! Congrats on the bike and flexion- life is getting better. Don't feel bad about the meds- you have them for a reason. I still take about 3 Norco in a 24 hour period. Nothing else helps with the pain. I'm seeing small improvements in my progress, and I still need to take a nap every day. Reading your thread (and others) helps me remember that this is a long process and I'm grateful we have each other for support!
 
@tiredwife, Hi Jackie! I'm not getting alerts either...just once in awhile. Knee is doing good. Just a little tired. Went to grocery store and just finished making chili for dinner. Sitting and icing knee. I love the shoes you sent me. Since they are magic shoes, I'll definitely take them over my fuddy dud shoes!!! I'm ready for Vegas and ready to dance!!!!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom