Guest viewing is limited

TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

@Yorkimom I totally agree with what everybody said. My mom is gone now but she bless her sole love her to pieces but she knew what buttons to push to get me going. I so agree until you walk this walk then you can understand I am still on pain pills not as much as in the beginning. This is one of the things I love about bone smart you can vent, cry laugh and they will be here for you. It is a release TKR can be depressing but with all the wonderful people here they won't let you, they will pump you up and make you feel better. On a side note don't you think you pack a little much :loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
 
@madinana, thank you!! I always pack too much, but really God knows what will happen on this trip so I must be prepared!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR
 
@gr82cu2, @marmora, @tiredwife, @Minnie's knees, @new knee in June, @ConnieJOS, @madinana. I had a great night tonight. We went to Joe's class reunion and to be truthful I wasn't looking forward to it. Not only would I not know anyone but I love to dance and knew that I probably would just have to sit there. The DJ is a guy that we know from when we would go out dancing and he plays the kind of music we love - oldies. Anyway the people that sat at our table were friendly and I enjoyed conversation with them. When the music started it was so hard to sit there. I told Joe let's try one swing dance. I would be careful and if I thought I might lose my balance, etc. I would stop immediately. All your turns and rock steps are with your right leg, so I thought I might be able to do it. If not, no big deal,and I would just sit it out. I did fine. I was out of breath but my knee did great. Through the night we did two swing dances and then I did around five or six other line dances. By the end of the night so knew I had to stop because I could feel my leg swelling. I had taken a pain pill before going and took one when we got home. I'm icing before I go to bed and hopefully it will be okay tomorrow. Even if it bothers me tomorrow, it was worth it. It was so nice to go out and be "normal"!!!!!
 
Anne @Yorkimom

Sounds like you had a great night, it's hard to sit when good swing music is playing. :dancy::chuckmarch::dancy:

It's worth the niggles & discomfort afterward ! :yes!:

Also good practice for dancing the night away in Las Vegas :spin:

Make sure that Mickey packed your dancing shoes !

Cathie
 
@marmora, thanks for reminding me. I had Mickey pack my dancing shoes when we got home. I sure hope the hunks you got us can dance. I iced my knee until around 1:30 and slept until 4. I have been awake the past two hours. My knee is not happy and I'm icing again. BUT I'm not complaining. Last night was worth it. Hopefully if I keep icing it today the swelling will go down and I'll be fine for PT tomorrow. I just don't want my ROM going down. AND I've upped my pain meds since I got home......no matter what my mother says! Lol
 
@Yorkimom So glad you had a great time last night. I can hear the excitement in your post. Doing normal things feels great. And you stopped when your knee told you to (swelling).This is not something you do every day so enjoy, treat the after effects with rest, ice and pain meds (and don't tell your mom). Now you may have to take it easy in Las Vegas , no dancing the can can as that may be too much for your knees. :heehee: Take it easy today.
 
Nice!! I love reading things like this! Not the swelling and angry knee but that you are out doing things you love!! Gives me such hope! Be kind to yourself today.


RTKR November 20, 2014
LTKR sometime in 2015
 
@Minnie's knees, @tiredwife, @gr82cu2, @GamsGoneWild thanks everyone. When Joe and I were on our way to the reunion last night we both said that is was so nice to be going out for the night a since it had been so long. It was a very enjoyable night. I did pay for it today, but I kept icing, elevating and taking meds and I am fine. I'm hoping that PT goes well tomorrow.
@GamsGoneWild :welome: It looks like your big day is just a few days away. We are all here to help and cheer you on. You will do fine!!
 
Hi @Yorkimom

Fantastic news on a great night out well done you x I'm so pleased you were able to dance x excellent news x x

broken link removed: https://vector-magz.com/clip-art-2/swing-dance-clip-art-item-2/ I'm so glad you both had a good night out xx
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
This morning I was hesitant to go to PT as my knee is sore and is so tight it feels like I have a vice around it. That's what I get for being a dancing fool! Friday was the first day I took only one pill before PT and I did okay. With it hurting so much this morning and through the night I decided to take two. I was sitting in the recliner when I got the two pills and they are so tiny I popped both into my mouth. As I did, I could feel that only one made my mouth and the other one fell. I was like a nut looking for the pill. Joe came in and started helping me. You would think I was hunting for a million dollars. We moved the chair, got on the floor and just couldn't find it. Joe said maybe they both went in your mouth. It knew it didn't. My biggest concern was the pill on the floor and Rusty finding it. God knows what that would do to his little 6 pound body. The only other place I could think of was maybe it went down into my bra. I took my shirt off, loosened my bra and sure enough the pill fell out. If someone saw me they would have thought I was a crazy woman...okay, that might be debatable anyway!!!
The good news is that I did well in PT. Christine said that she really pushed on me today and I tolerated it and I am improving. I don't know where my numbers are, but I know they are better, so I am finally improving. One day at a time!!! Anne
 
Back
Top Bottom