TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

Anne, I'm so sorry I missed all the worry about a blood clot. I've been trying so hard to get caught up with everyone's threads but it is proving very difficult. I cannot stay awake for more than an hour. So, I've decided to start with the oldest notifications first and work my way towards the newer ones, hopefully.

Anyway, I'm so glad you didn't have a blood clot. I would have gone to the ER in a heartbeat especially considering it could have been in your lung. You did the right thing. And now you know your lungs are healthy so that's a bonus! Are you still having the shortness of breath and sweatiness? This surgery can cause so many other things to go haywire, I realize now. It puts such a huge amount of stress on our bodies and minds. Jackie could be right about anxiety with shortness of breath, sweatiness, rapid heartbeat, feeling weak. Keep on it until you get an answer. Something is not right. xox
 
@gr82cu2, no worries Janet. You have had enough on your plate let alone worry about me, but thank you. I am doing better. I still don't have my stamina back yet, but today was the first time that I have taken and shower and washed my hair and didn't have to stop in the middle do it and sit down to rest. I was tired when I got done, but was able to dry off and get dressed before sitting down. Then I finished up my hair. I am taking the potassium the doctor prescribed and hopefully that will do the trick.
Yesterday I went to BJ's before PT and when I was done both I was exhausted. I came home and slept for two hours and when I woke up I was freezing cold and achy like I had been the first month after PT. After a couple of hours I felt fine but tired. I guess I got "energy drain" as Josephine called it.
Today was the first day I drove. I could have driven sooner but with taking the meds, I haven't felt comfortable doing so. I drove myself up to the club to have lunch with the girls. The club is 1.8 miles away so it wasn't a long drive. After getting back home my neighbor drove me to Chico's as I wanted to look for a top. Joe's class reunion is on Saturday and I wanted to wear something new. We were there for almost an hour and I couldn't wait to get home. My knee is not very happy right now and I am icing and elevating.
I hope you are having a better day. Anne
 
You probably just overdid it. Glad you feel better now. I've always been on the fence about Chico's. I love some of their clothes but others not so much. It seems like they go through spells where everything is super bright colors and then they go with dull colors. I hope you were able to find something you like.
 
@gr82cu2, I usually find tops and sweaters that I like but I refuse to buy slacks. They are just so darn expensive and I can easily find cheaper ones that look just as nice. I did find a very pretty light weight cotton v-neck sweater in blues, blacks and just a little bling to dress it up. I got 25% off so it was pretty reasonable.
 
@Yorkimom

Good Morning Anne,

Hope that you are feeling more energised today and that you aren't too uncomfortable.

I have been to Chico's when visiting my sister in the States and used to like shopping in ColdWater Creek, but she told me that they have closed now. Most of my clothes shopping is from Marks & Spencer's.

Take it one day at a time and mind yourself and your energy levels.
Congratulations on :hog: driving again ( couldn't find a car ). It's always a good feeling getting back to normal activities like driving and meeting friends for lunch.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora, @gr82cu2, @tiredwife, @new knee in June, @madinana @PuppyLove, @Minnie's knees, @Nanamoon,27 - Cathie, it did feel good to drive yesterday. It's amazing how much better I am feeling this week compared to just last week. I guess my potassium being low really did have an affect on me. Today I went to PT at 7:45 am. I normally go at 10:30 but the ladies in our development were going out to lunch and I didn't want to miss that. Well I was worried that going so early might be harder as I am usually stiffer first thing in the morning. It ended up being a good day. I am walking really well without the cane and much faster than before. Today was also the first time that I finally did a full rotation on the bike. Granted it was going backwards, but it is progress!!!! Christine didn't measure me, but she seemed happy with my ROM so I am improving. Yeaaaaaaaa
 
@Yorkimom yippie for feeling better!
[Bonesmart.org] Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR
Yippie for walking better!
[Bonesmart.org] Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR
Yippie for having a good day!
[Bonesmart.org] Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR
 
but I refuse to buy slacks. They are just so darn expensive
I do like their jeans though. My daughter in law wears the same size as me but has short legs. She can't wear petites because the rise is too short for her. So, I usually end up hemming whatever she gets and I always try them on first to see if I like them. I've bought a couple of pair because of that, LOL!

I guess my potassium being low really did have an affect on me.
Isn't it crazy that something so simple can cause so much trouble? Be careful not to get it too high though. That can cause kidney problems. I'm sure they will closely monitor your levels for awhile.
 
@Yorkimom So glad you are feeling better. I am happy that you are able to drive now and go out to lunch. Doing normal things seems to make a big difference in most of the recovery threads I have read. Take care of yourself.
 
@Celle thanks. It's funny how you forget how slow this recovery can be. I don't remember my first recovery being this slow, but then I remember different things and think maybe it was.
How are you feeling?? Anne
 
Hi Anne, @Yorkimom
I'm doing OK. My knee is still a bit stiff and I still get tired easily, but I just pace myself and don't try to do too much. I did spend too long in town yesterday and I was very tired in the evening.
As long as I just do one job each day, I manage all right. More than that and I run out of steam.
 
@Celle, I know exactly what you mean. With feeling so much better I have done something everyday. I went to BJ's again today just to pick up folding chairs. They had a great sale and the coupon was going to expire so Amy friend took me over. After that she wanted to go I to the Verizon store to get a new IPhone...that took so long. I couldn't wait to get home and out my leg up. Then I had a hair appointment at 3:30. I am soooo tired, I am just sitting back in the recliner feeling just too tired to even sleep. I'll have to do what you said and just do one thing a day.
@Minnie's knees, I hate that bored feeling. I have so many books that I planned on reading and I just can't get into anything. I love watching TV, but sometimes there just isn't anything good on. I haven't even felt like crocheting. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the IPad to play games and chat with all of you on Bonesmart!
@madinana, thanks. It is nice to start feeling better. I hope you are taking it easy!!!!! Anne
 
@Yorkimom sounds like you may have over done it a little today by being out so long. If so, :sleeep::ice: @Celle has good advice to do one thing each day.

Regarding the boredom, thank goodness for bonesmart and all of you. I have been online so much since my surgery. Sometimes I wake up at 2-3 am and just read until I fall back asleep. I have been crocheting, playing games, watching tv and movies, etc.I think I am at the point where I just want to be out and about but my knee says otherwise. I have my out patient PT tomorrow so that should help.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom